Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Raw was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I didn't even watch raw.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"roman is totally a heel just please ignore how every aspect of him is packaged as a babyface"

Do his t shirts even sell that well? Aren't they having some of the lowest ratings and losing viewership daily? Also not to mention yes he gets booed but honestly I feel like they aren't really passionate boos. The fans seem to not care about Roman that much unless he is slated to win a main event or have some huge moment. His match with Braun last month I feel like the fans really didn't give a poo poo, but yeah you put them in there with undertaker the boos will be louder than normal.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

When I went to the house show on Friday they sold out of Roman vests.

That's honestly embarrassing. At the same time though how many vests are they actually making. They are probably much more expensive to make because it's a different material so they probably don't make as many as a T shirt.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The funny thing about Roman compared to Cena though is that Cena was always more cheered than booed. Roman is almost consistently booed in every town. Even the small towns.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

When HHH was getting cheered in the Roman feud it was because he was totally playing the heel character. The cerebral assassin strikes again!

And we know how much money that feud made. HHH is just that cerebral.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If Roman getting booed is good according to wwe. Why do they edit crowd reactions? Like when that guy recently was filmed being pissed that Roman won and then the next night they edited it to make him look like he was happy Roman won.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bloodysabbath posted:

Everything makes sense when you think of WWE as not a giant publicly traded entertainment company, but as a toybox full of living, breathing action figures a billionaire, his daughter, and his son-in-law get to play with on television. Think of when you used to play with wrestling figures -- the storylines made no sense. Now take that, add seven figures, and oh yeah the child has early onset dementia.

My action figure storylines were meticulously planned I'll have you know!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

So, let's see.

- Having Roman main event WrestleMania twice against two of the biggest heels in the company
- Countless video packages with awesome hero-y music and added in cheers
- Muting boos
- Digitally editing signs
- Digitally changing people's reactions

But nah, he's totally already a heel.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this explanation absolves them of being incompetent jackasses who failed to get a can't-miss prospect over with the fans for three straight years. I wonder what their explanation is for why everybody else on Raw who was over as gently caress in NXT is dead in the water.

No you don't get it man. Getting no reaction is the new way to be a face. It's 2017 baby fans have changed.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Triple H hasn't even fostered any talent. Everyone who's been successful post NXT was already good when they got there besides maybe Charlotte.

Yeah that's my favorite thing. HHH picked up dudes who were really good and everyone already liked and respected. Then he stands there like he found some unknown talent.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wrong. It just makes them immediately laugh people off even more than usual.

That's why I think people should start chanting something like "PLEASE TURN ROMAN". "Die Rocky Die" was one of the major things that made them turn Rock. People need to use their voices specifically and pointedly and "CM PUNK" is a lovely chant for idiots.

Them laughing it off is the equivalent of the forum poster claiming he is the puppet master. If they actually laughed it off they would never feel the need to mention it at all.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Crowd: CM Punk CM Punk CM Punk

HHH: I'm actually laughing I think it's funny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

exploded mummy posted:

In sorry Hunter watched his MMA career

CM Punk made a ton of money in five minutes to get punched a few times. Went home to his hot wife and spends his days reading comics and going to hockey games. I think he's fine.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Still doesn't change the fact that there are more effective and pointed ways to use your voices than chanting for a guy who isn't there and will never come back.

AJ getting deafening dueling chants in the showdown with Cena, I GUARANTEE you, impacted his booking after that. It wasn't CENA SUCKS, they were chanting for AJ.

Yeah but AJ is legit the best wrestler in the world. When bullshit is happening in a company with people you don't give a poo poo about. Why not try and piss wwe off a bit. Who gives a poo poo about playing nice with a publicly traded corporation who mistreats its talent and actively hates their fans.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

How bout not paying them money which would actually probably piss them off

Luckily for us hasn't that been happening more and more?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WWE's made more revenue each of the last two years than at any point in their history.

So, no.

Is it revenue from advertising contracts on their three hour show? Or is it revenue from crowd attendance and merch?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Chanting for Punk is good and never stops being funny.

It's even funnier when it makes fans mad.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Tickets alone were up $20 million from 2015, which was up $15 million from 2014.

Does that mean more people are coming or is it the avatar logic of well tickets cost 30 dollars so we're the highest grossing movie of all time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sorry I guess it makes me a bad smark but I will forever think CM PUNK is a poo poo chant for idiots IF anyone thinks it'll actually change anything. If people just aim to mildly annoy Trips and that's all, then fine.

I'm sure there are people who think it will change things but I can't control people's intentions, but it annoys HHH and that's funny and good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Daniel Bryan

AJ Styles

At the time, We Want Ryder

We want Ryder didn't change anything. They jobbed him out to Cena and ruined his webshow.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I get to go to PWG nearly every month so that is really cool.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I guarantee you he never wins the US title without those chants. And Ryder winning it in his hometown was a cool moment, period. If we're using hindsight booking then Mania 30 wasn't any good either.

It wasn't good. I thought that the very moment it happened.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What, Mania 30 or Ryder?

Both.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

To each their own, but I can't see a reason why anyone would hate WM 30.

WM 30 had one really good match and many mediocre matches. I thought the main event sucked except for the ending. It was awesome to see Daniel Bryan go that far, but I thought the triple threat was a pretty standard wwe main event match. They even did the extended spot where they tried to make you think Daniel Bryan is injured. I really hate that spot. Bray vs Cena was nothing, taker vs Brock was bad. I dunno it really doesn't do anything for me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Vaguido posted:

Daniel Bryan has been one of the worst things to happen to babyface wrestlers in WWE. Now they only book babyfaces to lose because it worked for Bryan, and cut off any momentum a babyface could get if they actually won once in a while.

Except for Roman of course, but they don't book him correctly either so who the gently caress knows

I think they forget that Daniel Bryan is legit one of the best workers in the world who had a certain type of charisma that made people like him. He just has a good appeal. Roman is a good looking athletic guy who has been given every opportunity by wwe. Why would fans want to cheer for him when they know he is going to be a top guy no matter what.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I was at Mania 30 and it owned sorry

Sounds like you're very biased.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don't care if you like 30 but I think 30 was aggressively mediocre. The main event had the correct ending but the match itself was a very basic wwe main event. Taker vs Brock was legit awful, Bray vs Cena was a nothing match with bad booking. The Andre the giant memorial was boring and it lead nowhere.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jiro posted:

So like what? Wrestlemanias 3, and 10 were the other two good ones for you?

9 should definitely be included, 12, 13, 14, 15, 2000, there are a ton of decent to good Wrestlemanias.

2000 was an awful awful mania.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jiro posted:

Gonna have to be skeptical on that just because you had peak Hardyz, peak Edge and Christian, AND peak Dudleyz, in a triangle Ladder Match.

That's legit the only good match on the card. And the summerslam one is leagues better and their x7 one is even better than that. The 2000 main event was pure garbage.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

projecthalaxy posted:

I liked 19, despite the HHH vs Booker match. It was my first Mania I was a fan for and Michaels vs Jericho is one of my favorite feuds ever. I think it's one of the best.

I kind of like 19 as well. Or I remember liking it at the time. Brock vs Angle was great. Hogan vs Vince was surprisingly fun. Jericho vs HBK was good. It also had one of the better sets in mania history. Rey vs Guerrero was super disappointing though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I honestly think his match against edge should have been his last match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Rey/Eddie was 21. Rey wrestled Matt Hardy at 19

That's right. I get those mixed up. I don't remember anything about Rey vs Matt Hardy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jack Anderson posted:

New Japan is better than WWE right now.

There I said it.

Controversy creates cash. Cha Ching baby.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Austin Aires has always been good. I don't give a poo poo if he is dumb.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I want a segment where al rocker is walking around and out comes the wacky cast of characters we know as wrestlers. Maybe they can throw in some product placement or something!!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sugar Blaster posted:

they should bring back the old n.w.o. guys like steve "stone cold" austin and macho "randy man" savage and have them do a smack down on new gay or whatever their called (only know them cuz i saw my kid brother watching) "SUCK IT!!!!!" so classic lol.

Holy poo poo THIS!!!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Roman Reigns sucks. I don't know why people think he'll be able to cut good promos or have charisma if he turns heel.

Yeah I've been saying this forever. I wish turn Roman heel didn't become a meme because now wwe thinks they are doing something right. The idea should have been get rid of Roman. He is bad and boring.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I feel like this needs to be said every time some one has always been bad, but has anyone ever thought hmmmm maybe the booking is bad? Class and Enzo aren't great workers but they can get it done in the ring. Maybe it's that they never have any sort of real angle going on and are given dumb garbage to do. I know wwe are great at booking and they rarely ever gently caress up but it's just a thought.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Tato posted:

get it done? the dude hosed up a simple irish whip over the ropes from Cesaro and nearly killed himself sliding under the ropes in that Vaudvillains match. He doesn't belong anywhere near a ring

The sliding under the ropes during the vaudevillians match was one of those weird freak accidents that could have happened to anyone. And yeah sometimes easy botches happen. Why were they doing fine in NXT and having pretty decent to good matches on a consistent basis there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I've seen veteran wrestlers gently caress up moves all the time. If you can only point out two botches from Enzo, one from over a year ago. That's clearly not that bad.

• Locked thread