Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sorry I guess it makes me a bad smark but I will forever think CM PUNK is a poo poo chant for idiots IF anyone thinks it'll actually change anything. If people just aim to mildly annoy Trips and that's all, then fine.

I think it's more of a constant reminder of how stupid the company is and I'm fine with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

To each their own, but I can't see a reason why anyone would hate WM 30.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jiro posted:

Has WWE put out an official statement regarding the death of Jan Ross? I don't think I've seen them express their condolences anywhere as an official company statement. poo poo even TNA has enough of their poo poo together to put out something on their official twitter feed.

Big Dave seems to think they have something planned for Mania weekend and that's why they really haven't done anything yet.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In theory, if you're doing a pre-show on USA, it would be pretty drat smart to put Aries and Neville on right before the main show and give them like 15-20 to work, but that probably won't happen.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't really like Aries-Neville on the pre-show but I do think they'll actually have more time than they otherwise would have been given, and I'm good with that.

ribtstu posted:

is there anything any of you are excited for on the mania card? i never sat and really looked at it until now and it does not look good

I don't have strong faith in them booking the show correctly, but from a pure work/entertainment standpoint, I think it could be very good. The product sucks right now and the people in charge of it suck even worse, but most of these guys are very good and I have faith in them bringing it. I expect to be lifted up just to be let down all night, but the good moments should be pretty good.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 28, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

House shows have wayyyy less overhead. No paying for satellite time. The workers pay for their rental cars and rooms so the only cost to WWE is the flight to the first show, which they'd have to pay even if they only worked tv. They sell a ton of merch at the events.

Sure it would keep the workers healthier but it would be an absurdly retarded move to get rid of them.

If they were smart, they'd keep a rotation where everyone gets a few weeks off of house shows once or twice a year to heal up. I'd imagine even giving everyone one month per year where they only work tv would do wonders for a lot of them.

It also allows them to bring the product to smaller towns where they'd never be able to run tv and keep interest up.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I doubt they would, but it would be an awesome thing if they let JR replace Mauro for Mania.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says Reigns is selling more merch than any other full-timer. We Did It

This poo poo is such a self-fulfilling prophecy though. He has way more merch for sale at shows than anyone else. He gets shoved to the moon at the expense of drat near everyone.

It'd be ridiculous if he wasn't selling more.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jack Anderson posted:

So weird that Cena and Danielson are technically family.

Well they're technically not, so

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gonna laugh so loving hard when it's the universal title but with a yellow strap

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm watching the HOF now and goddamn quit letting Warrior's batshit wife talk Jesus Christ. This lady is loving horrible.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Way better than last year and it was on its way to being great before Trips derailed it. He did his usual psychological jackoff fest that went way too long. Long sell spots are good but when you do them for every loving spot it seems more like the match is in slow motion rather than some kind of cerebral classic.

The Wyatt-Orton match was the most egregious of the night. I figured the result would be what it was, which is completely retarded in and of itself, but to have it be a Jarrett-Raven lite shitfest was just awful. Orton needs to just go the gently caress away.

Goldberg/Lesnar was perfect. The women's match was nothing but was still the second best of the last four which is awful.

Reigns pretty much proved anything I've ever thought about him. He can be great against great guys but he's the drizzling shits against anyone that can't carry him. He's a low spot monkey.

This show started so great but when it got to the poo poo that matters most to the front office guys it tanked hard, which is pretty much a microcosm of the entire company.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

You know what I think was the dumbest thing of the night? The Raw women's match. What the hell was the point of anything that happened before tonight? Stephanie wasn't involved in any way, Dana wasn't involved in any way, Nia's monster gimmick was undermined because of how quickly she was thrown out even if it did take all three women, Sasha's interference at Payback didn't pay off with a turn on Baylee, and Charlottes PPV streak was already broken so there was no satisfaction in Baylee beating her other than this implication that it "erased an asterisk," which Baylee had no-sold the entire build anyway.

Normally I hate when an angle gets artificially extended just so the Face can win the title at The Important Show, but this is the ONE TIME where it would have made sense, and instead Baylee just had a mediocre title defense that made everything that built toward it basically a waste of time.

There was no point in having an elimination match but they pretty much had to once Nia got added for no reason.

My guess is Rock said he wasn't coming, they shoehorned Nia in as a "please come and be a part of this to watch your lovely cousin."

In reality though, they hosed that entire match up the moment they put the belt on Bayley on Raw.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mkay0 posted:

I liked the HHH/Seth match. All the selling actually made storyline sense to me. If the TV builds to a moment in a match on ppv, I feel like it's all been worth it.

My problem is that when you constantly do these long sells of Seth's knee and then he pops up and does a crossbody from the top to the floor or a Phoenix splash it immediately makes me think the selling is total bullshit and takes me out of it.

Have the selling get longer each time as the match goes on or something. But every time HHH did anything to Seth's knee he turned into Peter Griffin selling it because we need like 3 minutes after every spot to think about how smart HHH is.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In terms of merch for full-timers, I'd be shocked if Owens wasn't second.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The_Rob posted:

How could they legitimately keep track of that?

They keep track of demos and stuff but booking a girl you're trying to sell to small children 2 hours and 45 minutes into a show on a school night is basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WadeBartender posted:

goddamn is alexa bad

:frogout:

• Locked thread