Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Depression is a serious thing, please don't make a joke out of it.

Can someone make a running list of topics that we're not allowed to make jokes about here on comedy forum Something Awful dot com?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

he was making a joke duder

gently caress

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

The card is at least better in theory I guess. Still going to be entirely too long.

In theory, I'm actually sort of excited for the UNSANCTIONED STREET FIGHT between Seth/HHH, even though the Mania build has been poo poo. But are there any reports about what kind of shape Seth's knee is *actually* in? Obviously he's not gonna be out there on one leg, but do we know how limited he's gonna be (if much at all)?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WrasslorMonkey posted:

At first I thought this was going to be a picture of a giant sinkhole. Turns out I may have been right.

The Undertaker is going to grievously injure himself walking down that thing

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Looks like the Raw Tag Title match is now a ladder match, hooray

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/33/raw-tag-team-title-triple-threat-ladder-match

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Jiro posted:

Oh good I guess they can finish the job on Sheamus that they started on Monday night. :v:

Change of subject though, has anyone on the Twitters or anything else heard how JR is doing coping with the loss of his wife?

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/845996073944526848/photo/1

That hits the good spot of the feels. :unsmith: Also it seems he's going to keep himself busy and he's honoring his appearances in Orlando this weekend. I guess it'll be good for him to be around people he knows.

Yeah I think I saw on Twitter that he was doing all of his Wrestlemania week appearances, which I have to imagine will be good/healthy for him.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

Why did people want this match, again? I mean, it'd probably be a good match but I can't think of any reason why it would happen other than Two Big Names Big Match John

Isn't this the exact reason that people want any match

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

That Miz promo at the very end on Cena and Nikki's relationship was loving brutal, that might be the most cutting heel promo in years.

It's really incredible how much The Miz has developed as a character and a wrestler in past couple of years. This is the best-built angle on the card in large part because of his heel work. I'm glad he's getting a (somewhat) big match on the Mania card.

That part where he says "and I'll broom you into the gutter like everyone else who thinks I"m a good person." drat.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

Maryse should get half the credit, she is incredible and a better Nikki Bella than Nikki Bella.

Yeah absolutely, she's been amazing as well, didn't mean to imply that the success of the angle is all due to Miz. The faces she makes are also perfect.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 1, 2017

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

This isn't a surprise, but the video package they put together for Miz/Maryse v. Cena/Nikki is loving rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfyUetuJ0w

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

VJeff posted:

Whooooof. Roman. Buddy.

The last part of this looks like he's literally trying to pick up Undertaker's corpse. My god what a disaster of a main event.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Another thing about that GIF: just look at the complete absence of reaction from the crowd. That THAT spot (or the potential for it, at least) didn't pop the people in the front row is pretty nuts.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Vaguido posted:

Stephanie McMahon still thinks the proper comeuppance for an entire year of being a blight to weekly television is a single bump that hardly qualifies as a bump.

Yeah let's have Stephanie McMahon fall of a 20 foot tall ladder next year I think that would be great

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm a tremendous Reigns fan and I still think it takes incredible amount of balls to say "he has good matches" immediately after the worst Mania main event in at least a full decade

Reigns now owns 2 of the 5 worst Mania main events of all time. poo poo, it might be 2 of the 3.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm actually having a hard time remembering the last excellent one-on-one no gimmick match at a Wrestlemania. You could argue DB/HHH or Punk/Undertaker, but neither were match of the year contenders as I recall. Taker/HBK? Something with Benoit or Angle in it? It's been awhile, in any case.

Bryan/HHH might very well be the best match of HHH's career. I'd absolutely classify that as an "excellent one-on-one no gimmick match."

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

i don't think anyone is absolving roman of all blame for a bad match he's in but the claims of him being a terrible irredeemably awful wrestler and it being the worst mania main event ever are honestly tremendously overblown.

Reigns is a decent performer - though completely incapable of carrying a match with someone as limited as Taker was last night - and I don't think anyone could deny that he's improved tremendously as a worker over the past few years.

That said, given the general importance of the match and its spot on the card, I don't see how anyone could argue that it's not one of the five worst Wrestlemania main events ever.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so who beats brock for the belt before the golden child? unless he just drops it due to not wanting to leave his farm until the 3rd c-130 of cash from vince comes in

I mean the obvious answer is Finn Balor right? I imagine they could have a triple threat with Brock/Owens/Balor, since both Owens has a rematch and Balor never lost the belt,, and have Balor pin Owens. Brock could take the belt off Balor at Summerslam and run with it until Mania, where THE BIG DOG will be crowned once again.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Benign posted:

My favourite part of wrestlemania is Randy hating his special entrances.

My favourite "Wrestlemania Moment" ever is the look of absolute disgust he gave Rev Theory when they played his theme live.

I have never noticed this and I need to see it.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

2017 everyone

the latest breaking BROKEN news

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Efexeye posted:

i'll bet roman got bitched out at gorilla. missing those two lifts was...wow. just real bad.

It's on Taker for sure too, he just didn't get enough lift and Roman had to do too much of the work. But yeah, it was real bad.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

jackofarcades posted:

lol this place hates roman more than reddit, that's kind of impressive

I'm honestly just peanut butter and jealous that I will never be as big a dog as the big dog roman reigns

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The Landstander posted:

Roman will spend the opening Raw segment eating Taker's coat and hat to boos

what is this TRASH doing in MY YARD

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Thinking about this, I'm glad Finn was benched and didn't get to do that stupid crawling entrance down that entire goddamn ramp last night

Jesus Christ it would have lasted so long. More generally, I'm glad they didn't try to shoehorn him into Wrestlemania in general. I figure he returns tonight and that was probably always the best option once he couldn't return in time for the Rumble.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

it's actually rad

It's cool and Finn Balor is cool and also good. The crawling is stupid and not cool and not good, however. He should just do his hand wavy thing.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Vaah posted:

Here's hoping for a NJPW invasion with Finn Nak Gallows and Anderson coming out together and wrecking poo poo

nah he's gonna challenge Lesnar and they're going to have Lesnar destroy the Demon so that he looks that much stronger before he gets destroyed by the Big Dog, Roman Reigns.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

So apparently they announced the Network numbers? 1.95 million subscribers/1.66 million paid subscribes. Pretty solid, assuming a decent conversion on the free trials.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/824305-wwe-network-subscribers

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Mods?!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

That DICK! posted:

tryna get my friend to make a "bow wow for the big dog' sign for raw but he's being a dick

sounds like he's not actually a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

I look forward to the action tonight on the show! For one I wonder what cadence and speaking mannerism will be chosen by Matt Hardy!

Rewatching the ladder match he's definitely doing the Broken mannerisms a ton (more than I realized when watching live), so hopefully that means we're getting the Broken gimmick. It's just weird that Jeff came out on the Team Extreme gear.

• Locked thread