Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If you aren't ready for Wrestlemania after these incredible Sami Zayn segments and Stephanie McMahon setting up for some incredible women's matches, then well, you might need to re-evaluate your commitment to the WWE and wrestling as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So whatever happened to the Raw smack talk show Raw Doggin' It or whatever it was called?

Did they just say, "Well, Talking Smack is dumb and nobody likes it so we are just gonna quit the Raw version?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

See that's lame. Talking Smack rules and you'd think they would maybe want to do the same for Raw since it works and people enjoy it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I missed that section. How did this happen to Sheamdaddy?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I can't wait to see the nostalgia run wild as the Hardy's convulse dance and point their fingers to their heads with extreme angst.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

DeepDickPizza posted:

Hey friends. How was Raw?

Don't trigger all of us.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Really hoping that we get a few 45 minute promos from Steph and HHH for Wrestlemania. Maybe even a 15 minute backstage segment with Enzo nude talking about chickens.

Oh silly me, an overcoming the odds segment with Sami would be a good thing for Wrestlemania.

A helicopter shot of the yard that is at stake for Roman and Undertaker also. Man there's some good potential for WM33.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Randy Orton is gonna RKO Bray back to Husky Harris.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

They're taking this yard thing pretty seriously over at the WWE.

https://youtu.be/OSA3-buTMG0

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I read this excerpt about Byron Sexton just now from Wikipedia.

quote:

Early life
Kelly was born in Burke, Virginia. He was raised in Burke and Orlando, Florida. He studied at the University of Florida, where he worked as a producer and a reporter for WRUF-AM, WUFT-FM, and WUFT-TV.[5] He graduated in 2003.[6] Kelly worked as an associate producer for WJXT Channel 4 News in Jacksonville, and was then promoted to work on camera as a traffic reporter. It was revealed in The JBL and Cole Show that he was in the same kindergarten class with Alex Riley.[2][5] Despite now being 35, he still lives at home with his parents.

Which one of you is Byron Saxton?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Why arent the Smackdown tag titles being defended? Do they need warm bodies for the ARMBAR that badly?

Because WWE only pushes 8 people between the two shows. So yes, they do need warm bodies.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Roman said some words on Jericho's podcast:

quote:

“The thing is, if I turn heel, what am I? Just like everything that has been done? Why not just be me? No one has ever been like me. This is un-chartered territory, it can be anything that I want it to be, so why put myself on one side of it? Why not just dabble, why not have the full range, do whatever I want, be the guy. That’s how I feel. I am the one writing this at this point now. We are in a position, we can do anything that we want, as long as they make noise”

He continued:

“Have fun man, boo the s*** out of me. If it is making you cooler with this dude and that dude next to you and y’all are having a great night. Please… Say all you want, I am a grown man, you’re not going to hurt my feelings. My wife is not going to think any differently of me”

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tomorrow marks the day of something really special.

The first of many legends who will be retired by Undertaker.

Brock is next year boys and girl.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So Takeover was incredible. It was one of those "Man, I want to post a lot because Raw is awful and I stay entertained by posting and reading posts here but I can't because I'm so locked in."

Aleister Black is one of the coolest things in Nxt right now. That entrance rules, the theme music is perfect and his mannerisms in the ring are incredible.

This dude has it all and I hope he is pushed to the moon.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'm excited for Wrestlemania because I am sure the thread will be very good. That's what I'm most excited for with this year's Wrestlemania.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I would love the armbar to be 19 hosses and 1 Kalisto.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If I wasn't traveling today, I'd be doing a crawfish or crab boil for Wrestlemania. It's all about your spread and following the thread and having WM going in the background.

High chance with WM coming to the motherland I'll do a giant crawfish boil right next to the Superdome. Let's do this goons. Get lit.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The show was better than my expectations because I didn't have any expectations. It was wrestling and that's good enough for me. See you at the Raw thread for another day of wrestling.

Then I'll see you for the Smackdown thread, where I will continue supporting wrestling because that's what I do.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Vince: Roman, we aren't letting up. You're remaining in the main event. Seriously, just give the fans 15 years more and they'll come around to you. I won't give up.

Roman: Yeah, but Vince...

Vince: No, listen. How old are you Roman?

Roman: I'm 31. I was born on May 25, 1985.
(wow, really?!?)

Vince: Oh, you can wrestle way past 55. Ok, give the fans at least 24 more years to adjust. They'll come around.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SatansOnion posted:

So I'm slightly less than a month younger than Roman Reigns. For some reason I thought he was older. I choose to believe this explains our shared love of napping :v:

I'm 3 months younger than Roman and I need to just simply embrace this man as a leader for my generation.

I can't believe Vince McMahon has put the fate of his company in the hands of a millennial...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I genuinely believe Taker thought he had one more classic in him after Mania 30 and didn't wanna go out like that. And to be fair to Taker he had a handful of good-very good matches after that (he looked loving great at Mania 31 comparatively) and the unfortunate reality is that he used the gas that was left largely in the other matches against Brock after Mania 30 and by now he knew he had to go out on his back but there was nothing left.

I'm sure it's also that the dude has been doing this for over 30 years and it's gotta be incredibly hard to walk away when the door to wrestle is forever open.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

3 and most importantly. To complete Reigns' dominating run, not only should he retire Cena at Mania 35 (to compliment Taker today and Brock at 34), he should retire Dwayne at 36. Make Reigns The Greatest Star of All Time

This is the truest timeline.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Here's how you at the very least start repairing Roman and making him a little more appealing:

1) Give him new theme music immediately. Holy poo poo it's awful. Bottom 3 in the WWE easily. I'd go as far as to say Bottom 10 in all wrestling promotions.

2) Turn him heel. Even if it's just for a little bit, it needs to be clearly defined. Not this, "I may have a poopy diaper, but then again, maybe I don't. Mom, dad you'll never know because I'm not telling teehee!!"

3) Play to the strengths he has. He needs to get angry and he was truly at his best when he was the enforcer of Shield and had an "edge" to him. He is just monotone and one-dimensional right now.

4) Lastly, he needs an additional ring-defining move at the very least. We have got his power bomb, Samoan drop, idiot punch and spear. I'll be real--the dude hits the ropes really well. He looks kinda vicious when he puts speed to his rope running. Utilize this.

5) Give him The Rock Bottom and People's Elbow and an eyebrow raise. Just kidding. Or maybe I'm not kidding, you never know world!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm a tremendous Reigns fan and I still think it takes incredible amount of balls to say "he has good matches" immediately after the worst Mania main event in at least a full decade

what's your list on "how to start repairing Bray", and why is it not a single bullet point saying "You Can't"

Good point. Here's my Bray list, spent hours working on this:

How to Repair Bray Wyatt:

1) You can't. Just lol because you can't.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I really don't think Undertaker is done either. Vince is still going to do the poo poo and he's gonna need to put butts in seats for his big events.

I think Cena vs Undertaker will happen and that'll be it. I just have this feeling Undertaker is one of those dudes who won't hang it up until somebody in the back pulls him aside and says, "Dude, you're done completely. You're going to kill yourself if you don't retire for good."

Guys been doing this gig for a long time and with love--it's gotta be incredibly hard to quit.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

Not 100% confirmed but Dave and Bryan say it's looking like that's the case.

There's just no way. I have absolutely 0 faith in WWE on most days but I can't even see this actually happening. We are going to get a 365 day reign from Brock?

Nah.

If that actually happens, we need to shut this place down.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Real talk, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm thrilled for...RAW?!?

Gotta see what direction WWE wants to go from here. And if they want to feed my favorite mans Finn to Roman for dropping a fat log in his freshly mowed yard.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Because the WWE wants this from me, I have decided that some days I will like Roman and other days I won't! Because sometimes he will be a big dog and other days he may be the little dog.

Today, I have decided that I will not like Roman. I will say bad things about him in the Raw thread.

But team, hear me out: Next week, I am going to like Roman and I will say good things in the thread.

It's just the weird and wacky world we live in and I will do my duty as a fan because this is what you want from me HHH, the king of my kingdom.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

~~xXxMONDAYNIGHTRAWPREVIEWLIVEONUSAxXx~~

HHH and Stephanie McMahon kick off Raw and come out wearing JNCOs and pierced eyebrows! Will the Brain Assassin call out Seth Rollins for a rematch?

Roman Reigns, fresh off his victory over The Undertaker, will take a giant poo poo, LIVE on Monday Night Raw, declaring once and for all that the ring is definitively his yard!

The Hardy Boyz, after an incredible return and victory, will dance their tails off and wear see-through shirts and lead the crowd into a rave remix of the Chicken Dance! Will The Club come out to put a stop to their celebration?

Tonight's Main Event is Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg in an Iron Man Match! Will Goldberg survive Suplex City for 60 minutes?

That's tonight in Orlando, FL! MONDAY! NIGHT! RAW!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Is HHH a biker in real life? I don't really catch interviews with him so I don't know what the dudes hobbies are.

It's always cool to find out what some of these guys and gals are like away from the sport.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I figured as much. He's really missing a golden opportunity to take that to the real world. Just the Cerebral Assassin and the open road...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dear Jesus and his friends,

Please make Raw actually good tonight. I mean, you can't even spell Raw with an A...which means A-Show. Get it Jesus?

Seriously, this is the time to start fresh and make this poo poo actually good. It's in your hands now.

Signed, me

PS: Some pretty cool debuts or re-debuts would be kinda cool.

:ohdear:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh it's happening. How else do you mark your territory, specifically if you're a big dog?

poo poo checks out man.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

also i wonder if there is some objective evidence that roman reigns is as huge of a draw and makes as much money for the company as wwe acts like he does. i mean you can look at network subs and ppv buys and theoretically say "well, roman is the top guy, must all be because of him" but that is just an assumption and as big of a company as wwe is, you would think there might be something more solid than that.

then again that's probably putting way too much faith in a wrestling company, even if it is the biggest one of all time.

I bet there is. I mean, from a standpoint of Top 5 merchandise movers from Full Time performers, who would those be? Y'all going to events lately would probably be able to answer this a little better?

I'd say it goes:

1) Roman
2) New Day
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?

Is Bayley top mercy mover for the women? I'd be curious of some opinions or thoughts here.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holy poo poo lol. That's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

:vince: LOOK AT THE STRIATIONS :vince:

I love the comments.

"Dude he is curling the 35 lbs".

"He's curling the same weights we do and we don't look like that."