Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sometimes I wish WCW won the war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

projecthalaxy posted:

What match is going to go on last, I wonder? It has to be either Roman/Taker or Lesnar/Goldberg, right? I can't imagine the fans will be happy for either one, really.
I'm going with HHH/Rollins

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

dromal phrenia posted:

'die roman die'
I was at a house show in Rosemont, IL back in September and some piece of poo poo sitting behind us desperately tried to start a "DIE ROMAN DIE" chant by screaming it at the absolute top of his lungs. I'm surprised he didn't pass out from the effort.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
RE: WM30

I marked like a 6-year-old when Hogan, Austin and Rock were all in the ring at the same time

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Also I don't know how you would consider WM9 to be good unless you liked watching Bret get dicked over

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiro posted:

It had an incredibly cheesy hilarious, Taker match, and was good from a story line standpoint in how Bret came back to win the title against Yokozuna despite the Owen vs Bret feud.
Fair point. It was also Jim Ross' WWF debut.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
IS THAT CHLOROFORM

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
bada boom

lamest guys in da room

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
WrestleMania III took place exactly 30 years ago today.

My favorite tidbit:

quote:

Howard Finkel, ring announcer and WWE Hall of Famer: I blurted out in a meeting in 1984, ‘There was Beatlemania, why can’t we have WrestleMania?’ And that was basically it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

IcePhoenix posted:

The opening bit of this article is so insufferable I almost didn't make it to the actual good part.
Yeah, the stuff written at the beginning by the author reeked of ":smug: rasslin is so below me :smug:" but the anecdotes from the fans, celebrities and wrestlers were a good read. I know I said earlier that Finkel's quote about him coming up with the name WrestleMania was my favorite but that was before getting to the part where Steamboat breaks down how he and Savage planned their match. Good stuff.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
House shows also draw the worst fans

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

“There’s been guys that have made it that over the course of a couple of years that were constantly on the cut list,” Levesque said. “Enzo Amore, when I brought him in, everyone at the tryout was saying, ‘Get rid of this kid!’ I was like, ‘He’s got a huge personality. If he can annoy us all this bad here, imagine what he can do on TV.’ … Every time he’d get his review, they’d be like, ‘I’d cut him.’ Dusty [Rhodes] and I would be like, ‘Keep him.’ Look at him now. … Is he ever going to make you money from an in-ring performer standpoint? Probably not. But he’s money on the mic.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7x5V9L_nyQ

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Did Heel Cole just come to an abrupt end? I don't really remember any sort of storyline behind him "turning face" again

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Efexeye posted:

who the gently caress is shelton benjamin
r u serious

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What did it say?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

why couldn't JBL have died instead

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

:stonk:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cubone posted:

The thing that the guy who's there to suck says about the Shield debut and how "we chose Roman" is pretty funny, because last time I mentioned the Shield debut, 21 Hoot Salute posted the reactions from the time:
owns

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Davros1 posted:

The best is the sign reads "& Virgil" with means that banner was made for someone along with Virgil, and he just folded/cut the banner in half.
Looks like the other person was Ted DiBiase

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Astro7x posted:

It looks like Chicago is getting a Takeover event the Saturday before Backlash in May. Nice!
:hellyeah:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking of the Hardys, can anyone point me to where in the GDT I can read reactions to their return?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Thanks!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

Best moment of Wrestlemania was that security guard who didn't know who Gronkowski was.
That was amazing

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

super macho dude posted:

Next year Triple H comes out riding a Half-Life Strider
Whatever he comes out in it'll probably be some Mardi Gras bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

~~xXxMONDAYNIGHTRAWPREVIEWLIVEONUSAxXx~~

HHH and Stephanie McMahon kick off Raw and come out wearing JNCOs and pierced eyebrows! Will the Brain Assassin call out Seth Rollins for a rematch?

Roman Reigns, fresh off his victory over The Undertaker, will take a giant poo poo, LIVE on Monday Night Raw, declaring once and for all that the ring is definitively his yard!

The Hardy Boyz, after an incredible return and victory, will dance their tails off and wear see-through shirts and lead the crowd into a rave remix of the Chicken Dance! Will The Club come out to put a stop to their celebration?

Tonight's Main Event is Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg in an Iron Man Match! Will Goldberg survive Suplex City for 60 minutes?

That's tonight in Orlando, FL! MONDAY! NIGHT! RAW!
source?

• Locked thread