Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Brock is getting beaten up by Goldberg because Goldberg is cool good person and Brock is a stupid, bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

hello i am senor joe and i was brought up right before wrestlemania

why? i do not know

I'm about 95% sure Joe was brought in to be a roadblock for Seth to overcome on the path to HHH, except Seth got hurt so that match never happened.

Yes, I realize calling up Joe and putting him in the main event picture to immediately have him lose to have a guy prepare for HHH sounds incredibly stupid, but that's the entire Seth/HHH feud.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"roman is totally a heel just please ignore how every aspect of him is packaged as a babyface"

Have you considered that maybe WWE is the heel?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You should not insult Wrestling Observer Booker Of The Year Award Winner Triple H.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The Montreal crowd loved Roman. There were some boos but they were really forced stuff from the idiots who yell things all night.

But Charlotte got a huge reaction too.

So I don't know what was going on there.

Montreal cheering heels is a long time-honored tradition! :v:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

If Roman getting booed is good according to wwe. Why do they edit crowd reactions? Like when that guy recently was filmed being pissed that Roman won and then the next night they edited it to make him look like he was happy Roman won.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Have you considered that maybe WWE is the heel?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HHH getting the company is going to be the Vince Sr./Vince Jr. story, except instead of succeeding beyond the wildest dreams, HHH will flush the company down the toilet and Kevin Dunn will get it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Like 90% of NXT's purpose is to be able to show shareholders 'look at this thing HHH runs, it is not a tire fire!' so the stock doesn't lose 50% of its value in a panic when Vince steps down, so why wouldn't it be used to also get HHH as company boss over with fans, and make talent feel like he truly, truly cares about them on a personal level.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Yeah but AJ is legit the best wrestler in the world. When bullshit is happening in a company with people you don't give a poo poo about. Why not try and piss wwe off a bit. Who gives a poo poo about playing nice with a publicly traded corporation who mistreats its talent and actively hates their fans.

If your goal is to spite a publicly-traded company, I know the best way to do that is to give them a lot of money.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Luckily for us hasn't that been happening more and more?

WWE's made more revenue each of the last two years than at any point in their history.

So, no.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Is it revenue from advertising contracts on their three hour show? Or is it revenue from crowd attendance and merch?

Tickets alone were up $20 million from 2015, which was up $15 million from 2014.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Holy poo poo THIS!!!!

I knew Wrestlemania 32 was always good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Rotating guys in and out is a thing that it feels like people have been saying forever but logically has zero reason to ever happen because you'd be asking wrestlers to take a significant pay cut.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Maybe they can make them actual employees instead of private contractors then.

And maybe TNA can be a threat to WWE!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

im an idiot but i dont even understand why they do house shows. you're a multimedia company that puts out hours and hours of material every week but your most talented and dependable guys spend the vast majority of their time and effort working matches that the vast majority of the audience never sees. doesn't the lion's share of their profit come from the network and television contracts, anyway?

House shows, in addition to making a lot of money, allow their wrestlers to work together in-ring a lot to prepare for matches that happen on more important events.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

The wrestlers also like doing the house shows.

This too. House shows are conductive to a lot more one-shot goofing off than a TV show designed to sell people on a major event.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That DICK! posted:

vs. Scott Steiner, 9/17/2000 ****¼

Woah

When you factor in the obvious anti-Goldberg bias that had to exist to give DDP/Goldberg only three and a quarter, Goldberg/Steiner was 6 stars, minimum.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cena never got this level of vitriol because if people didn't like Cena there were other companies on TV for them to watch, which if they didn't like the WWE product they would!

There is no even vaguely relevant alternative to current WWE, so instead people hatewatch otherwise they would have nothing to post about.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I bet there is. I mean, from a standpoint of Top 5 merchandise movers from Full Time performers, who would those be? Y'all going to events lately would probably be able to answer this a little better?

I'd say it goes:

1) Roman
2) New Day
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?

Is Bayley top mercy mover for the women? I'd be curious of some opinions or thoughts here.

Bellas are easily the #1 merch mover among women.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

How could they legitimately keep track of that?

They've been tracking viewing demographics for decades.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

But like on that one specific episode they were able to say that tons of women just stopped watching and it was because of Bayley?

They can say with certainty that there was a historic dropoff in women viewers, and that it coincided with Bayley's match, and that it was far greater than any main event segments that had Charlotte, the other person in the match with Bayley, in it.

It's entirely possible that it's a pure coincidence, but that is all the evidence they've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Imagine ragequitting a wrestling podcast because they don't bury Roman Reigns enough

Imagine ragequitting the podcast of the guy who peed straight into the air out of anger at Roman Reigns for not burying Roman Reigns enough.

• Locked thread