Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hardys on NXT would probably be the best thing for them and WWE. It'd give the Hardys a much lighter schedule and let them be with their families and their kids more, something that is a priority to them, they'd be big draws and they'd obviously have a lot to teach the developmental guys.

Like, they should be around for big shows like the big four, but gently caress it, why not let them mainly be NXT guys. I don't think two guys with their mileage and each one having a very young child need to be on the road every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Multiple times during the kerfuffle of the Hardys leaving TNA, it was pointed out that the Hardys don't want a heavy road schedule and they both have young children and that's a big part of why TNA was such a good fit for them. From that, I figured NXT would be a better fit from them than the main roster.

But then, I think they should overhaul NXT to let dudes cycle in there from the main roster more often. It'd let guys recharge themselves a bit, most of them would be closer to home, it'd probably cut down on wear and tear and it'd give NXT draws so Nakamuras and Joes and Balors don't have to sit down there for a million years. And the developmental guys would get to work with, say, a Cesaro or a Natalya or a Hardys for a while and get lots of good experience from that.

Like, I dunno, if they want NXT to be a third brand, why not take advantage of the things that would entail. :shrug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I will not be able to watch SmackDown LIVE tonight as I will be on a plane. :(

But then I'll be visiting friends for Mania weekend and we will watch all of the wrestling. So that'll be cool!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, let's see.

- Having Roman main event WrestleMania twice against two of the biggest heels in the company
- Countless video packages with awesome hero-y music and added in cheers
- Muting boos
- Digitally editing signs
- Digitally changing people's reactions

But nah, he's totally already a heel.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this explanation absolves them of being incompetent jackasses who failed to get a can't-miss prospect over with the fans for three straight years. I wonder what their explanation is for why everybody else on Raw who was over as gently caress in NXT is dead in the water.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So by Triple H's own logic, CM Punk is the biggest face in WWE right now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wrong. It just makes them immediately laugh people off even more than usual.

That's why I think people should start chanting something like "PLEASE TURN ROMAN". "Die Rocky Die" was one of the major things that made them turn Rock. People need to use their voices specifically and pointedly and "CM PUNK" is a lovely chant for idiots.

If it didn't rattle them, they wouldn't have given a poo poo about Rock calling him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

i can't think of a single chant that's made anything in wrestling better. usually it makes it much worse.

Elllllsworth

Elllllsworth

Elllllsworth

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonzo McFee posted:

If they turned Roman heel he could develop a personality that could transition into being a face in much the same way nearly every top WWE babyface has.

The blueprint is right there with his literal cousins. They were boring Babyfaces in July, then they turned heel in September, now I want them to win everything and if they turned back face and stayed hood Usos but just fought bad guys now, I'd cheer for them all day and night.

THAT ONLY TOOK SIX MONTHS FOR GODS SAKE.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

Sounds like you're very biased.

They were airing Mania 30 on the Network a couple weeks ago and I can corroborate that it owned.

Underrated moment from Mania 30 was Cesaro getting up Big Show out of goddamn nowhere.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Step 1. Fire JBL.
Step 2. Mauro-Renee booth.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Johnny Gargano is the best babyface in the company.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
But they preempted Samurai Jack! :argh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This is weird.

I...want Sheamus?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey what traditionally has better quality, the WWE Network livestream or the PS4 app?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DeepDickPizza posted:

This segment is seriously so loving hilarious in hindsight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DyCnA8sOG8

It's still one of my favorite moments of the year.

Before I knew how hosed up Taker's body was and AJ Styles vs. The Undertaker seemed like a real thing that was gonna happen. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was well on its way to being a really loving great Wrestlemania, and then the last third of it happened. :/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Having said all that, this match was still not worse than last year's main event.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Whooooof. Roman. Buddy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, I'm gonna guess that Randy/Bray got gutted for time and give them a mulligan on that one. And that pretty much leaves me with only one problem and that being the main event sucking. Besides those two things, that Mania ranged from decent to extremely loving good with way more good than bad.

Just, please do something, anything different with Roman tomorrow. If he comes out and says "with all due respect" one more loving time, I will throw myself into loving traffic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/848750454079193088

That.

That is....arguable, Mick.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also Seth/HHH was good but underwhelming and Seth 100% should have sledgehammered Trips into Steph into the Pedigree rather than the superkick. It was good and the right man won but it didn't have the gently caress YOU finality it needed. Curb stomp also would have worked.

I don't disagree, but, the Pedigree Duel and Steph going into a table was so cool and this one could've gone SO, SO, SO badly that I don't think I have it in me to nitpick it.

What a tool. Good job letting your three hugest stars run off to WWE immediately after you took over, jackass.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roman/Taker is really depressing and that's taking up a lot of my mental space right now but I'm starting to come back to Bray/Randy and just how bad that finish was for all that build-up.

Like, jesus, what was the point of Bray pinning Cena and AJ clean now? Is Bray just gonna go back to being the same chump he was again? If he comes out, after having lost everything and being at his lowest point, no belt, no family, no nothing, and cuts the same goddamn "I am a God" promo again on Tuesday then I don't know what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Probably been asked few times now, but how was mania? I saw that Reigns/Taker went last and rolled my eyes.

Honestly outside of Reigns/Taker and the end of Orton/Bray, it was pretty drat good.

• Locked thread