Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The Big Dog is still the cringiest nickname currently. It feels so forced and lame. Who the gently caress looked at those garbage BikerTaker ~THIS IS MA YARD~ promos and thought "Hmmm, yes this is what will help endear this guy to our fans!"

Honest Questions: This Mania HAS to be better than last year right? There's no loving way I can take a show that long and that awful again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Professor Funk posted:

Can someone make a running list of topics that we're not allowed to make jokes about here on comedy forum Something Awful dot com?

he was making a joke duder

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I've noticed a very strange backlash on Tumblr and other places online where Roman fans and others totally think WWE ever giving in to the fans with WM 30 was the downfall of the company because now ~the fans are taking oveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer~

It's actually becoming a popular fan opinion that the lovely TNA announcement that the fans needs to keep their mouths shut until the company tells them to and only cheer faces and boos heels is 100% correct and modern wrestling fans are spoiled.

I'm not gonna lie and say fans can be obnoxious as poo poo but to say that booing Roman is disrespectful (and racist!) is absurd.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

sportsgenius86 posted:

To each their own, but I can't see a reason why anyone would hate WM 30.

It's not hate, it's this idea that Bryan should have never won because giving in to the fans eventually kills creativity and who knows the business better? The fans or the writers? :smug:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The newest news regarding the accident was that the 17 year old driver who hit her was texting at the time.

DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE FOR gently caress'S SAKES.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

If they turned Roman heel he could develop a personality that could transition into being a face in much the same way nearly every top WWE babyface has.

Not gonna happen any time soon. Vince has decreed Roman is Cena's replacement as the King of Make A Wish. There's no way in hell the turn him unless crowds start leaving the building when his matches start or something.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Can we please stop the "WAIT (insert popular thing here) IS BAD NOW!?" when only one person says they didn't like the thing?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

oldpainless posted:

I thought there were stories awhile back that WWE had lost faith in roman being the new guy for the future. Does anyone those or am I making stuff up?

If I recall right Vince got SUPER high on AJ and was considering giving him Roman's mega push, which turned out to be pretty close to true honestly.

I didn't hear the "last chance" thing, I think it was Meltzer saying something to the effect of if Roman manages to gently caress up two main events of two Manias he couldn't imagine Vince keeping op for him.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

I feel pretty safe in saying you could take three poo poo matches off the main card to replace these and everyone would be happier.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
JBL honestly needs to be fired. It's monumentally hosed up for WWE to have this huge anti-bullying campaign and have an awful bully piece of poo poo like JBL attack a dude with legit mental health problems and force him to leave the show.

gently caress JBL forever.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
That's the thing as well, you can't even try to argue that he's useful to have around. JBL sucks rear end all around these days and he provides nothing that would even come close to making up for the awful poo poo he's done to people.

This sorta hits home to me because around this time last year I had an emotional breakdown/suicidal thoughts so I know how hosed up it can feel when you feel attacked and miserable. JBL can legit go loving announce for some lovely indie fed in Texas and stay away from WWE forever.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

dromal phrenia posted:

i dont know if robots have feelings, but one thing i know about nier:automata is that i want to feel that robot's rear end

I didn't know Jerry wrote for Kotaku

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

It still cracks me up how much of a baby Cornette was about Southpaw.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honestly pretty surprised that 'WWE announcer bullies on-air cohost so badly he has a mental breakdown' hasn't become bigger news.

#FireJBL2k17

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
"You ~INTERNET FANS~ need to loving shut up about Roman Reigns because you fat dorks chose him. You know nothing about the business so keep loving quiet"

"Please buy The Network, seriously please, here have 4 months free just sign up holy poo poo please sign up, only 9.99 oh god please please please"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
In further "Fire JBL" news Justin Roberts revealed in his book that JBL repeatadly harrased and bullied him. Oh and Mauro probably won't be at Mania (as per Meltzer)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/62km6u/meltzer_on_wor_justin_roberts_new_book_has_a_lot/

gently caress JBL.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I just re-watched those Total Bellas skits on Smackdown and has Miz always been so loving amazing at promos? That final takedown of Cena in the last part was brutally well done. Miz legit needs a world title run and he needs it really loving soon.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Roman's gonna get booed and hustle out quickly so Cole can go "THE DEAD MAN REALLY GETTING A BAD REACTION FOR THIS PARTISAN CROWD!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

The_Rob posted:

It's bizarro season in wwe!!!! Roman actually likes getting booed!! *edits it to make it looks like he is getting cheered.*

AS WE SAW ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW ROMAN FOUND A COMET IN THE PARKING LOT OF THE ARENA AND IT'S RAYS ALLOWED HIM TO CHANNEL BOOS INTO PURE ENERGY. THE CROWD IS JUST SHOWING THEIR LOVE FOR ROMAN BY SHOWING HIM AS MUCH ENERGY AS THEY CAN.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Mulaney Power Move posted:

wouldn't it be something if it all ends with roman beating undertaker and wrestlemania goes out in a chorus of boos, and the next day vince and everyone else is all pissed that "the fans ruined wrestlemania this year"

This is what I'm waiting for to be honest. You got a taste of it with that JBL rant a few days ago but you can tell Vince has a seething resentment towards the fans these days.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

One of the best segments ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKrJsvrB-C4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I8k0nRa81I

The Mizzes should win this sunday and then JAAAAAAAAAAAAAN can propose or whatever.

That Miz promo at the very end on Cena and Nikki's relationship was loving brutal, that might be the most cutting heel promo in years.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It works so well because it honestly seems like the Miz loving HATES John Cena. No other match on the card has that animosity in it. Goldberg and Lesnar are just two dumb fucks who wanna hit each other, Roman and Taker is "I AM BIG DOG, I WOULD LIKE YARD PLEASE, NO BIG DOG THIS IS MY YARD. WE SHALL WRESTLE NOW". Even AJ and Shane is Diet Austin and Vince.

Miz and Maryse loving hate the poo poo out of Cena and Nikki and want to absolutely demolish them at Mania.

How is it possible that I want Miz to be villain in a Marvel movie now? Holy gently caress he would own as Eddie Brock :stare:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Miz cutting a promo on Spider-Man while wearing the Symbiote is the coolest thing ever and I'm really depressed it will never happen.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey guys hope you dug that awesome NXT show with incredible performers putting on clinics of some of the best wrestling of year! MANIA TIME GUYS!

Here's a dude we've been giving a failed push to for years fighting a super old dude who he's 100% gonna beat and everyone's gonna hate it!

How about two dudes who put on one of the worst Mania main events of all time doing it again a decade later!

And hold on to your butts for some dude who isn't even a real pro wrestler but whose dad owns the company in a match with a guy that everyone on earth would much rather be seeing in any other match!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

Only losers watch NXT

NXT's biggest fan spotted

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

The cool kids were playing Horizon Zero Dawn and downloading the Gwent beta.

Gimmie your loving lunch money ~pops collar, leans against locker threateningly~

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Since we're talking dork poo poo a new episode of Rick and Morty just dropped on Adult Swim unannounced. I'm not joking, it's an actual episode and not a prank.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I was hoping for another amazing infomercial like This House Has People In It or Unedited Footage of a Bear personally.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Roman Reigns loving sucks and I legit hope he never ever gets cheered. That was the worst possible match to end the Taker with. Congrats on destroying any possible chance on Roman having any sort of bond with the crowd there Vince.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Vince KNEW that the crowd would be nuclear against Roman and it would poison the entire rest of the show. That's why it went last. The crowd is going to be brutal on RAW. I honestly think we're gonna see people throw poo poo.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honestly though I wonder how anyone sees this as helping Roman out

Aye Doc posted:

it went last because the crowd's not coming back from the undertaker's retirement you dope

nice meltdown

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

"Man Monday is gonna loving suck"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Midnightghoul posted:

How come they don't want me Uncle Phil?

"Got through my first Mania main event without em huh? I learned to spear, I learned to promo, I learned how to sell without them! I HAD FOURTEEN 4 STAR MATCHES WITHOUT THEM. THEY NEVER GAVE ME A drat CHANT! TO HELL WITH THEM!"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave and Bryan say there's at least some doubt internally right now Mauro ever comes back on-air for the company

I sure am happy that noted bully JBL gets to stay in a major position after harassing a man out of a job

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I think Big Dave said that the major rumor is Lesnar holding the belt hostage until next Mania and we get a main event of Roman V Lesnar as Roman's ultra super duper final form for real this time Coronation.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Cena never got this pure level of vitriol because Cena has a personality and can work with a crowd. The dude always read the crowd and either A. Seemed to not be bothered by it and accept the fans or B. Find it funny and make the fans like him by playing around with it.

Roman is loving horrendous at letting the crowd gently caress with him. He yells at them with weird tantrums/lovely burns, does interviews where he acts like a smug dick about it and he just overall has the aura of "Yeah gently caress all of you. I still get paid to be poo poo, suck my rear end I literally could not care less about this industry and it's fans"

I'm sure the dude cares about his job, but he just doesn't seem to really want to get the fans on his side.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's hard to take Roman serious as a badass when he hear boos and goes "HEY YOU DUMMY LOSER JERKS....GO BACK TO DRINKING YOUR BEER AND BE QUIET!" like a dork.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
People keep saying Taker was the cause for the problems and that's true but here's the thing: Roman should have covered for him. Roman's ONE JOB in that match was to make Taker look good and he ended up botching horribly twice and making an industry veteran look like dogshit.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he has a little backstage heat from that.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Both Taker/HBK matches are solid contenders for greatest WWE match of all time.

Again, Taker was old as gently caress and tired during his match with Bray and that was, while mediocre, much better than this. Vince wanted to prove that Roman could carry someone to a good match and it backfired badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Roman's multiple interviews going "Heh adult wrestling fans? Why should I give a gently caress, my job is to entertain kids not those fat dorks" don't help his crowd love either.

• Locked thread