Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'm not going to lie, the Broken Hardys burning through Raw's poo poo tag division to set up a confrontation with New Day could be the only thing that makes me give a poo poo about it again at this point. Complaints about Smackdown's tag division being dead due to lacking screentime and storylines may have merit, but at least they're only theoretically buried due to lack of exposure instead of actually buried.

Also, its hard to envision the Broken Hardyz (or even Hardy Boyz classic edition) fitting in with Smackdown's division. I feel like they would stick out like a sore thumb. But for some reason the Broken version seems like it would slot in with what Raw has going pretty seamlessly. Can't say for sure why, its just a feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

VJeff posted:

Hardys on NXT would probably be the best thing for them and WWE. It'd give the Hardys a much lighter schedule and let them be with their families and their kids more, something that is a priority to them, they'd be big draws and they'd obviously have a lot to teach the developmental guys.

Like, they should be around for big shows like the big four, but gently caress it, why not let them mainly be NXT guys. I don't think two guys with their mileage and each one having a very young child need to be on the road every week.

That's a good point, but don't you think that them competing in singles would badly compound the "Indy Stars Waiting In Line For The NXT Title," problem, and them competing as a tag team gently caress over the Authors when they're about to kick a monster run into high gear?

On the other hand, the Hardys winning the NXT Tag Belts as part of their EXPEDITION OF GOLD and then going up to the Main Roster for a big PPV to try and win the Raw and/or SD titles as NXT Tag Champs to complete their quest would be amazing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Shinjobi posted:

hello i am senor joe and i was brought up right before wrestlemania

why? i do not know

I kind of hope Joe is in the ARMBAR as lame as that would be for him. They seem intent on making it something relevant instead of just something that is now expected. Sami, Joe AND Strowman would give the match some intrigue in terms of who the winner might be while also paying off two feuds decisively at Mania. Quite a coup for the preshow.

Woe be to any Smackdown dude stuck in there though.

If he's not in there he's probably running in on Owens match to set up Hunter's stable and because Owens is a lame loser who can't do anything ever.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That show was worlds better than last year and other than Orton/Wyatt I don't think it was particularly badly booked but goddamn that ending was terrible and depressing.

I don't think its reasonable to compare it a mania that is in the running for Worst Ever. I do think its reasonable to compare it to Mania 31. 31 was one of the worst builds to Mania in memory and by using the specialness of the event, the talent of the performers and some outstandingly smart booking decisions they overcame the handicap they came in with and left everyone happy and excited for the future. Mania 33 took a build that was very hit and miss, full of questionable decisions that led to a situation where people thought this show could go either way, and utterly failed.

31 made every decision right to save a trainwreck, while 33 made every decision wrong to turn a possible success into something that is totally disappointing and deflating despite an earnest effort from the performers.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Tonight ended badly but seriously other than Orton/Wyatt I can't think of any major missteps. Certain things were underwhelming (Rollins/HHH) or expectedly iffy (Shane/AJ) but the main event was the only outright lovely thing in a vacuum and even that it's hard to think of a way around it.

Now outside of a vacuum I loving HATE the idea of Brock being part-time champ for a year to lose to Roman a year from now, but there's no guarantee that'll happen even though that's apparently the current plan. I'm extremely relieved Finn didn't heel turn tonight (and if he didn't tonight I don't expect him to at all, which he shouldn't).

You know what I think was the dumbest thing of the night? The Raw women's match. What the hell was the point of anything that happened before tonight? Stephanie wasn't involved in any way, Dana wasn't involved in any way, Nia's monster gimmick was undermined because of how quickly she was thrown out even if it did take all three women, Sasha's interference at Payback didn't pay off with a turn on Baylee, and Charlottes PPV streak was already broken so there was no satisfaction in Baylee beating her other than this implication that it "erased an asterisk," which Baylee had no-sold the entire build anyway.

Normally I hate when an angle gets artificially extended just so the Face can win the title at The Important Show, but this is the ONE TIME where it would have made sense, and instead Baylee just had a mediocre title defense that made everything that built toward it basically a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

sportsgenius86 posted:

My problem is that when you constantly do these long sells of Seth's knee and then he pops up and does a crossbody from the top to the floor or a Phoenix splash it immediately makes me think the selling is total bullshit and takes me out of it.

Have the selling get longer each time as the match goes on or something. But every time HHH did anything to Seth's knee he turned into Peter Griffin selling it because we need like 3 minutes after every spot to think about how smart HHH is.

I actually thought Seth did a really good job of selling the knee as consistently damaged even as he did his high spots and whatnot. The failed buckle bomb and the long delays on the Phoenix Splash climbs were all quite good. But the pace of the match overall was just too slow, and that made it hard to stay invested, especially when combined with the mediocre build and the lack of hardcore spectacle to go with the match stip.

I could see the echo of the famous Trips v HBK Nonsanctioned match in this one, but that one had a better build, better pacing and more cool hardcore poo poo, which is why its a classic. This one had all the right pieces I think, but it was spread to thin across the bread. Whether thats because Trips is too old, Rollins was holding back to protect his leg, or the booking was just bad, who can say?

I WILL say that the finish of that match may have been the best one of the night. The Pedigree Duel into the Table Spot into the decisive win for the babyface to blow off the feud was a perfect Mania Happy Ending.

• Locked thread