Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gatts posted:

Why...um...why not just make the pre show part of the regular show? Is there a difference?

We wouldn't want those pre-show losers wrestling in front of a full stadium!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

CreedThoughts posted:

Oh yeah! They're bringing back the fat carts for sure!

I hope Taker rides out in a hearse

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Let's talk about the real important part of Mania - what is your food spread going to be?

I made adobo spare ribs, lumpia, and cheeseburger wontons. My wife made an everything spice cheeseball and sugar cookie tombstones with Undertaker symbol icing. Don't know what everybody else is bringing but I know that no amount of bad booking can affect my hunger.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Agreed. It's clear that they are letting Black have a ton of input on his presentation because everything has been spot on so far and WWE is not the company I would expect to nail the satanist kickboxer gommick.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

At this point in my life, Mania is more about pageantry and having friends over to eat food than it is about being a serious wrestling endeavor. For that reason, I enjoyed the show this year other than the main event. Big Dog aside, it actually felt like the booking was meant to satisfy fans and the babyfaces triumphed for the most part. Entrances were pretty good and almost everyone had a special outfit which is very important for my Mania enjoyment.

It was a bummer to see my favorite wrestler of all time do the most wrestling thing possible and hang on until he just couldn't go anymore, but I braced myself before the match for a disaster and we also had these gnarly tribute cookies to make it more tolerable:

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 3, 2017

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

HHH/Rollins was pretty good and told a nice story. There was a legit injury to work around so they couldn't just go balls to the wall. Outdoor arenas don't lend themselves to super hot crowds because the sound just dissipates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

HerraS posted:

you mean the matches they spent five years rehearsing before the shows?

I agree that we can't ever consider Macho Man matches great.

• Locked thread