Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This is the most exciting news in the topic so far!

Well JR announcing a match is cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

DoctorGonzo posted:

The only good cartoons are Space Dandy and Lupin The Third.

Those are some good thangs right there! But surely the magic mix of the two Cowboy Bebop is also good.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If you ever get to the point where I can't muster even cursory optimism, excitement, and or hope for WrestleMania just Old Yeller me. Christ, WWE has broken y'all. :(

I'm looking forward to WrestleMania! Just the shows haven't been doing much for me the past month or so (even Smackdown). But I also needed that time to play Zelda and whatnot.

But Mania itself, I think it's gonna rock. It'll be wild to see crowd reactions for stuff like Taker/Reigns at least. And we've got some good stuff like KO/Jericho, and in general I'm into seeing most of these matches.

(*rock does not necessarily include the finishes to the matches)

I really enjoyed WrestleMania last year too, despite not being into the main event's feud and some interesting choices for finishes. Tough to top Rollins cashing in for me though in 2015, mark out moment.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Tr33 posted:

it was ok

I agree, I enjoyed it. Nice that Taker got a classy send-off, I liked that post about him showing up on commentary like it's nothing, would be a hoot.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Chris James 2 posted:

So let me ask about the new Mania tradition, The New Streak

How's Bray going to look godawful next Mania? My guess is he loses to Shane

He looked respectable in his loss to Taker, was a solid match.

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm a tremendous Reigns fan and I still think it takes incredible amount of balls to say "he has good matches" immediately after the worst Mania main event in at least a full decade

I didn't think it was the worst. I was more into it than last year's, but I'm also a Taker mark. One of those Cena/Rock matches was a complete snoozefest too.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 3, 2017

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hammerstein posted:

WM28 was the perfect moment when the old guard should have ridden off together into the sunset. The only smart one was Shawn. Trips is still trying to catch up to become as legendary as his contemporaries, something he will never achieve, no matter how hard he tries and how ridiculous his entrances become. And Taker long overstayed his welcome.

If no young talent to retire Taker is at hand, then why not use a respected veteran instead. Shawn vs Ric was the best example how to do it. But no, they had to give the rub to their chosen one and it was a disaster unworthy of someone like Taker.

Good timing for HBK, and I'm happy for Undertaker that he's finally retired and can take it easy, but I've enjoyed a good amount of his work since then. And I actually think Triple H has done some good, at least he did help get Rollins as a babyface over. And technically he also helped get Rollins as a heel over. And we wouldn't have the Daniel Bryan epic story stuff if he retired back then.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Jiro posted:

Post WM Raws and hopefully to a lesser degree Smackdown, now, are usually bonkers. And if/when Roman shows up the crowd will pull their asses apart and poo poo all over him. Or even better just not react at all and just give complete silence.

That's a good idea and I'd be very impressed by the display of self control and teamwork. We gotta figure out how to make this happen.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

~~xXxMONDAYNIGHTRAWPREVIEWLIVEONUSAxXx~~

Tonight's Main Event is Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg in an Iron Man Match! Will Goldberg survive Suplex City for 60 minutes?

I actually wanna see this one.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Erebus posted:

So is Nakamura debuting in the third hour or

Nakamura and Balor are going to use... let me check my notes... fusion earrings? And become GoBalormura. And completely wreck house on the entire Raw roster.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

rare Magic card l00k posted:

They've been tracking viewing demographics for decades.

These kind of ratings only include a small sample of viewers, who happen to be on board with the Neilsen thing.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Bayley is quite good.

(I apologize to RGL for infringement)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Supreme Allah posted:

lmoa

thats right

laugh my off rear end

The problem is they were used on Family Guy once? I hope we can still use Patrick Stewart! And yes, he should be involved in Bayley's entrance.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Remember those Bayley/Sasha NXT matches? Am I on crazy pills here? (that's a Zoolander joke)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5kcBxL7-qI

wrestling, the final frontier. these are the matches of the wrestler bayley, her continuing mission to explore strange booking decisions. To seek out new wrestlers and new ways of getting buried by them. To be boldly hosed up by a senile old man as no one has been before

As long as she never gets buried like that time those barrels buried Worf, I am content.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

HerraS posted:

you mean the matches they spent five years rehearsing before the shows?

Asuka and Bayley matches were good!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

MotU posted:

man i cant believe that brock lesnar beat goldberg by using the secret strategy of 'kick out of the jackhammer @ 1 instead of being pinned by it'

That jackhammer wasn't as high or prolonged as the one that previously worked, plus Berg had been weakened by Lesnar's offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I look forward to the action tonight on the show! For one I wonder what cadence and speaking mannerism will be chosen by Matt Hardy!

• Locked thread