Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

An admirable effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

achillesforever6 posted:

I wish if not WWE, every other wrestling company to try and do this, giving wrestlers employee benefits and health insurance might make them want to stay even. Though I suppose the problem is that doing so would bankrupt these companies with the costs to give all the workers a fair share. I don't know I'm not an accountant so can someone explain to me if I'm off base in thinking this?

I imagine employee insurance for a wrestling company would be a nightmare. Apparently insurance companies that cover movie stuntmen will monitor scripts and send loss control people to the set -- there probably isn't any wrestling company that wants to have to clear all their spots through an underwriter first.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress the statue. buddy, they wont even let me gently caress it

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Look out, here come Triple H and Stephaohmygod

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/848391103283941378

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

lmao undertaker is going to be retired by roman reigns in an argument over who owns a yard

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Hey! Look at me, everybody! I'm the Undertaker! Howdy howdy howdy!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I want to know what the Bray match was supposed to be before they cut it short or whatever. Hell, I still want to know what their plan was with him absorbing Kane and Taker's powers. My interest level in him never gets to rise above "man I wonder where this was supposed to go before they chickened out."

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Did The Rock show up again to wank himself off in ring for 20+ minutes?

It was short on talking segments in general, really. Kind of surprising.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also several times I felt like JR was totally unenthused and off his game and I had to stop and remind myself that there's a pretty loving good reason for that. :smith:

Yeah, having to call a Roman match can take it out of anyone.

magnum_valentino posted:

Am I right in thinking there were no backstage segments last night? It was just match--Network ad--match--VT--match--that Pitbull oval office--match, the whole night?

There was a weird threadbare feeling to the presentation all night. That sounds crazy when talking about a huge show in a stadium with fireworks and an 80-yard LCD ramp, but like you said it was just a series of matches without any real showmanship in between. Even the entrances were kinda simple compared to Bray's scarecrows or live theme performances. Triple H's entrance felt like a last minute "oh poo poo we forgot to get a costume for Halloween" throw-together compared to rising out of the floor with severed Terminator heads.

Erebus fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 3, 2017

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Also someone needs to go time it because I'm pretty sure New Day actually talked more in previous shows than the Wrestlemania where they hosted the whole thing.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

So is Nakamura debuting in the third hour or

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

But Izzy

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

surf rock posted:

Only thing that can save tonight's Raw is if a Roman heel turn is acknowledged from the opening moment. Otherwise, they can throw a dozen major debuts at the wall and none of them would stick for me.

Only thing that can save Raw is if Roman comes out wearing Taker's hat and says "hey look at this cool hat I found" in his dumb smarm voice

He doesn't inherit the Undertaker gimmick, he just goes around wearing the hat like an rear end in a top hat

• Locked thread