Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If there's one thing I do like about Wrestlemania this year it's that it's the first time in recent memory that many of the heels have better motivation than the faces do, and are easier to root for. I don't think that's due to good writing, more that they keep booking heels like underdogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The worst part about JBL is that he was done, and then he came back to temporarily replace King when he had his heart attack, but it turned into a long-term stint.

It did end the Heel Cole run, but at what cost? JBL is all Ziggler's fault is what I'm saying.

Writer Cath posted:

Everything Roman does, from his words to his mannerisms, feels so scripted and sanitized that even after a few years, I have no idea who he is.
This is the same company where the only permanent character development they've given their long-term top #1 guy after 10 years has been "has a girlfriend now".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bring it to the Table is stupid because those rapid-fire commentary sports shows are hosted by people outside the business being critical of it, not highly insulated people staunchly defending everything their company does because they're paid to.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Wazzu posted:

Yeah, but we're smarks, not fans.

Remember that WWE thinks that it's fans worth celebrating are the non-smart ones who aren't on the internet. You know, the people who are casual fans, and just watch 6 hours weekly + all PPVs, that trifling time investment. But aren't necessarily heavily invested enough to discuss online, or look up information ever.

Actually I remember reading a while back that during brand splits, WWE is actually counting on fans having loyalty to one brand or another, and only watching their preferred one. That's why Smackdown is always the workhorse show for smarks and Raw is always the garbage show for garbage people. So their flagship show still gets most of their casual viewership but SDL is for appeasing the critics.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I bet Cena could still pull a good sendoff match out of Taker. Anytime he's shown up in the past couple years outside of Mania he's been fine. I feel like at this point it takes another veteran to really get how to handle him, and Roman is nowhere near that, while Cena is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Poll: Could Ramp Snake beat Coffin Snake?

• Locked thread