Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What NXT def needs is more 40 year olds as champions

NXT does need more reminders for the young kids in developmental that they cannot and will never be as valuable as the wrestlers who are still alive and drew above average to excellent money for WWE (or were top guys in any other promotion) between 10 and 30 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

big dog

big hair

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Enzo and Cass loving suck

and you cant

teach

that

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

a commercial to match enzo and cass

bad

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Sugar Blaster posted:

they should bring back the old n.w.o. guys like steve "stone cold" austin and macho "randy man" savage and have them do a smack down on new gay or whatever their called (only know them cuz i saw my kid brother watching) "SUCK IT!!!!!" so classic lol.

its corporate espionage to post the contents of vince's suggestion box

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

astrollinthepork posted:

Haven't watched WWE in nearly a year. Enzo & Cass suck now?

The only development their characters have had since debuting is that Enzo desperately wants to gently caress married women and/or honey mustard BBQ glazed fried chicken

Cass has a great story in reality of making it to the main roster against all odds but haha who cares just watch him spell S A W F T the same way every single week forever

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

I hope Cena proposes but makes it clear to Nikki once they get backstage that it was all for show and their overblown WWE wedding is interrupted by Kane because of course it is

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Does "he wasn't good enough" really make for a great story?

see: bryan, daniel

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

Holy poo poo I am SO invested in the Mizanins vs Cenas feud. This week's promos on both sides were loving incredible (apart from Nikki) and I actually got chills during the "You can't see me.......because there is nothing worth seeing" bit and when he shifts to the serious and calm but intense promo. loving masterful. Give Miz the loving world title this year. I want to see him do worked shoot promos on everyone on the roster.

I too love the WWE heel tradition of doing 95% of the good buildup to a Mania match leading to them eating a clean pin and being compromised/humiliated in the process

Eli Wiggum posted:

“There’s been guys that have made it that over the course of a couple of years that were constantly on the cut list,” Levesque said. “Enzo Amore, when I brought him in, everyone at the tryout was saying, ‘Get rid of this kid!’ I was like, ‘He’s got a huge personality. If he can annoy us all this bad here, imagine what he can do on TV.’ … Every time he’d get his review, they’d be like, ‘I’d cut him.’ Dusty [Rhodes] and I would be like, ‘Keep him.’ Look at him now. … Is he ever going to make you money from an in-ring performer standpoint? Probably not. But he’s money on the mic.

back in the day we called these people 'managers'

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIsklYi7loc&t=4s

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

"Everyone stands on their feet for Roman whether they cheer or boo"

*cut to b-roll of Roman hitting big moves in big moments with little to none of the crowd on their feet*

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

He calls it The Rear View

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Roman said some words on Jericho's podcast:

quote:

“The thing is, if I turn heel, what am I? Just like everything that has been done? Why not just be me? No one has ever been like me. This is un-chartered territory, it can be anything that Iwant it to be, so why put myself on one side of it? Why not just dabble, why not have the full range, do whatever I want, be the guy. That’s how I feel. I am the one writing this at this point now. We are in a position, we can do anything that we want, as long as they make noise”

He continued:

“Have fun man, boo the s*** out of me. If it is making you cooler with this dude and that dude next to you and y’all are having a great night. Please… Say all you want, I am a grown man, you’re not going to hurt my feelings. My wife is not going to think any differently of me”

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

NXT is FFXI where things are actually good

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Matches shorter than Undertaker's entrance (5:25)

Lesnar/Goldberg (4:45)

Matches shorter than Taker's exit (10:37, counted from when the camera focused on Taker's prone body)

Lesnar/Goldberg (4:45)
Smackdown Women's Six-Pack (5:35)
Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse (9:40)
Orton/Wyatt (10:30)

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

where was samoa joe please

on the side of the new day cart

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

If you were wondering what it felt like to see Big Bart lose the farm at the Rumble in the Leap

well

you felt that tonight

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

MadRhetoric posted:

As opposed to the masochism of "no see look how worldly I am on the internet after wasting seven hours of my life"?

There is no excuse, literally none, to subject yourself to this sort of thing anymore. Wrestling tapes are plentiful nowadays.

hell, if you got Mania for free (or even if you pay the $10 a month) WWE gives you full access to the times when wrestling was good and even the times when it was bad but not infuriating

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I wonder why Taker held on so long. After the hell in a cell with HHH he was really, really done. And after Brock? Come on son. I am sure Vinnie "Is that a wrinkle? YEEEERR FAAAAHHHRED" Mcmahon was not the one begging the Undertaker to stick around.

So I think Taker either couldn't hang up the boots until the boots were taken from him (hopefully now) or he realized too late that his late career resurgence was over and he just needed one more good match to go out on, like a HBK or a HHH. But he never got it, from his opponents, booking and his broken bodies, until we reached tonight. The saddest, saddest way for the last good character, a soldier in McMahon's army over the years, a respected veteran and hall of famer, to go out on.

Like that was Jake the Snake in a bingo hall sad.

Man, what a bummer.

I'm sure the seven figure paycheck for one or two matches a year figured into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

I for one am glad the 'retired the Undertaker' rub did not go to old, established part timers like Brock Lesnar or John Cena but rather the upstart young lion Roman Reigns who just needs that third consecutive Wrestlemania main event to solidify himself as having 'made it'

• Locked thread