Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If you aren't ready for Wrestlemania after these incredible Sami Zayn segments and Stephanie McMahon setting up for some incredible women's matches, then well, you might need to re-evaluate your commitment to the WWE and wrestling as a whole.

Good point, maybe I'll just play Mass Effect and watch Baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Strawberry Panda posted:

Triple H hasn't even fostered any talent. Everyone who's been successful post NXT was already good when they got there besides maybe Charlotte.

Baron Corbin, Bray Wyatt, American Alpha, Sasha, Bayley, Enzo and Cass, Rusev, Corey Graves (slightly different situation but still relevant I think), Alexa Bliss...am I forgetting anyone? I feel like I'm forgetting someone.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

achillesforever6 posted:

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaun

Also there are a bunch of NXT wrestlers that are pretty good or not bad with little indy XP

I didn't count Braun because he like never wrestled down there and I didn't count anyone who hasn't been called up.

I did figure out that I forgot Becky, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It probably doesn't really mean anything but Wyatt/Orton has top billing on that and the rest of the card falls about where I would expect it to 🤔

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The opening bit of this article is so insufferable I almost didn't make it to the actual good part.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, house shows make a ton of money because they sell a lot of merch, get the gate (of course), and have almost no production costs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dromal phrenia posted:

'my sister-in-laws boyfriend' is not technically family.

"my-sister-in-law's very long term boyfriend that we also live with sometimes" is actually a great definition of "technically family," as if they were married there wouldn't be any technicalities.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

exploded mummy posted:

Please don't pretend that robots have feelings

Does this unit have a soul?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dromal phrenia posted:

on one hand i am glad the smackdown ladies get their time on the real wrestlemania and not the preshow

on the other hand i'm worried it will happen after the inevitable fatigue and/or annoyance sets in and i stop watching

It seems to be the second match on the main card. I believe in you friend, you can make it that far.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Nooooooooooooooooooo

counterpoint: yes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctorGonzo posted:

The cool kids were playing Horizon Zero Dawn and downloading the Gwent beta.

A cool kid would have platted Horizon like two and a half weeks ago.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

projecthalaxy posted:

where was samoa joe please

The main event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Did The Rock show up again to wank himself off in ring for 20+ minutes?

No!

If you skip the Women's matches and Bray/Orton you'll probably enjoy the show quite a bit. I watched those matches and still did, though! I didn't think Roman/Taker was that bad outside of an incredibly bad botch and a poorly booked finishing sequence, though some people think it was the worst match in history so ymmv.

• Locked thread