Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

As a Canadian, lol at all these mainlanders that go into the Alaskan wilderness thinking it's like going to central park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

wuffles posted:

I went and watched this and it was fantastic. It also really provides perspective on how out of his depth McCandles was--dude had no real chance to live out there, best he could hope for was an extended visit followed by a return to civilization...and if that's the case then just use the goddamn resources you were blessed with from birth and make a life out of being a yuppie dirtbag. Donate the rest of your inheritance/trust fund to charity if you want.

I get it., Just reading this thread is giving me the itch to load up my dogs and go backpacking where I don't have to see or hear another person for a week+

But part of the enjoyment is also coming back to civilization when it's over and eating a greasy loving cheeseburger, taking a hot shower, and sleeping in a goddamn bed until it's time to go out there again.

Makes you appreciate poo poo.

I usually go away for a week and live in a tent in the Canadian Rockies each year. It's wonderful, but yeah, getting back to civilization makes you really appreciate it. Same with living off the grid in a 3rd world country, which I just did in January and February. When I got home I ordered delivery 3 days in a row because holy gently caress, I can get such amazing food sent right to my door! I might even do it again tomorrow!

• Locked thread