Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
iirc the bus was dragged in for some reason, and there used to be three of them can you imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Going from memory, so please excuse any errors.

That bus was left there because of miners using the stampede trail to get to and from the mine. Basically abandoned because, :lol:, get a wrecker through the Alaskan bush to recover it.

Dude went in in the dead of winter, hosed up a number of small things, started to run low on rice. Dysentery struck and he made one or two attempts to hike the 20 or so miles back to the closest town, just to find he was trapped by the spring thaw and the raging river that criss crosses the trail.

Goes back to camp and his body begins to deteriorate, despite eating tons of rabbits. Rabbit starvation was one of the things thought to have contributed to his demise, btw.

Finally, he becomes too weak, his food reserves run out, he dies of exposure and extreme malnutrition.

I think he was something like 83 pounds when they recovered his body.

i just checked page 69 of ittw, and this is all true

• Locked thread