Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
it takes real skill to starve in alaska

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
you find all sorts of weird poo poo back in the bush when areas that used to be readily accessible get abandoned and overgrown. it really doesn't take long for nature to reclaim its territory especially up there

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
moose's tooth pizza is pretty bomb if you ever find yourself in anchortown

protip: they won't deliver to denali

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

spank my snatch posted:

He died starving, miserable, and terrified.

and it was very easily preventable with a little knowledge and the right gear

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Oscar Wild posted:

OR just being on the right side of the river. He could have been literally naked and stilll rescued if he wasn't on the wrong side of a river.

yeah exactly

fyi one of the most important things you can have when you're backcountry is a drat map and compass

apparently he died 5 miles from a ranger station? i mean come on bro just lol

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

The Walrus posted:

why are rabbits not fat? i have a rabbit and shes fat as hell

wild bunnies are super lean. like they have fat but in proportions that are just too low to be sustainable for subsistence.

dude should've packed in some muktuk with his rice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
nah i think between their coat and high metabolism they just shrug that poo poo off but i'm no wildlife biologist

• Locked thread