Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
that guy is a chump, watch this guys movie instead. walks into Alaskan wilderness with a backpack full of metal hand tools, and builds a log cabin to live in for 30 years:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Machai posted:

how did the bus get there?

yeah its almost like, if you see a bus in the wilderness you can assume a road or something might be near by and maybe look around? i donno i guess thats crazy, better to starve to death :shrug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

chaosbreather posted:

protip for people wanting to find themselves:

you only exist, really, when you are communicating with other people, in contrast to them.

hermit protip: develop multiple personalities

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Synthbuttrange posted:

What a wuss.

There's also this guy who went 'gently caress society'

He made it 27 years but he was just stealing from cabins in the woods to get stuff, committing over 1000 break ins to get supplies before locals had enough and he got caught. vOv

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/mar/15/stranger-in-the-woods-christopher-knight-hermit-maine

after 27 years, he could have figured out how to fend for himself without stealing. this guy is a creepy weirdo that got a cheap thrill out of watching people and stealing their poo poo.

a shameful hermit! :colbert:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

girth brooks part 2 posted:

He did, but turns out being a hunter gather is a miserable existence and involves endless hours of toil just to stay on the right side of starvation. So he decided gently caress it I'ma break into some cabins.

i don't believe him for a second that "he felt shame every time he did it", thats the sort of poo poo you say once you have been caught. the guy enjoyed it. but of course he cant say that or they will never let him go

• Locked thread