Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Freezing to death is one of the least painful ways to die I've heard, but I dunno how they know for certain. You just kinda go to sleep before your body actually shuts down its other processes, so technically you don't feel anything after you've already reached that point (but that is surely to be painful to get there)

I've experienced the early stages of hypothermia and getting there is not a good time. After that though you do just feel really sleepy and confused. You know that couple of seconds after you wake up from a nap and you have no idea what the gently caress is happening? That's kinda what it feels like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

a new study bible! posted:

Yeah and isn't the reason that they were previously thought to be edible because they are only poison for some parts of the year, but at other times they are fine?

Part of the problem is that in a healthy person, the toxin doesn't have much effect. However if you've been living off of whatever small game and random flora you can scavenge for a few months, your body isn't going to be able to handle it too well. I think the prevailing theory is that a mixture of rabbit starvation, which is caused by getting your protein from extremely lean meat from small game, and the toxins from the seeds caused his paralysis and death.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

The Walrus posted:

why are rabbits not fat? i have a rabbit and shes fat as hell

Rabbits have some fat but they also have a shitload of protein. Protein is great but it doesn't give you many calories and also the human body can only safely process a certain amount of protein. To eat enough rabbit to feel satisfied when you're already malnourished, you basically blast your body with protein it can't process, and trick your stomach into thinking you're full even though your body needs more calories to keep things running. Your liver will quit processing other stuff in your blood and then your blood slowly fills with poison until you die.

• Locked thread