Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I still love this game, horrible translation and all, possibly because it was my first visual novel game.

As for the horrific translation, this was revealed in an interview with the publisher, Ignition Entertainment. Apparently, Killaware, the developer had already created an "English" translation for the game, and Ignition decided that it was good enough and left it unchanged. What's worse it that Ignition clearly made their own, more accurate, translation, since that must have been what they used for their English voice actors, but didn't bother to get Killaware to replace their translation with it.

MonstrousMouse posted:

Is there that much of a difference between the written script and the spoken dialogue?

Yes. Aside from one being set in Japan and the other being set somewhere in North America, the written script isn't done by a native English speaker (see the paragraph above for why) and it ends up being a mess because of it.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Having only taken one Psychology class, I can say that I can't think of a better idea for the colors. It does explain why they went with purple for affection.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

sandnavyguy posted:

: Here we have Shimazaki's 'A Collection of Young Herbs'. Know for it's 5/7 syllable form, it's called Japan's own romantic anthology. It's been a popular one since last week.

Clearly this teacher knows a lot about current trends, if she is already doing a lecture on something that has only been popular for the past week :).

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Ignore everybody and go to the quad.

• Locked thread