Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

if you're at all familiar with reddit, you know they hold free speech in the highest regard. it's sacrosanct, and that little red-eyed alien has sworn to protect it with his life. even when minorities are being mocked, or pictures of dead minorities are being handed out, reddit will defend your right to say and do such things.

but today an exception has been made. one subreddit has been so vile, so cruel, and so thoughtless recently that reddit has threatened to ban them all on its own, without demands from outside groups...

quote:

Dear Reddit Administration:

No, r/anarchism will not remove comments with terms like “BASH THE FASH”. No, we will not meekly follow commands from the site administration with the threat of quarantine or deletion.

i can't believe reddit finally found a persecuted minority they want to defend :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
don't worry something awful is a safe haven for pedophiles and serial sex offenders. they unironically had an extremist left subforum called laissez faire which, man, reading those archives really shifted the way I felt about being on the left. you can only reread "if you stare at a woman in any way shape or form, you are essentially raping her" so many times before you realize that its just a mass delusional hell pit where people go to wring their hands. sort some of absurd communal penance. these people feel guilt for their own existence lol.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
we're not complying so it'll be interesting to see where it leads !!

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Physical_Removal/ meanwhile :smugmrgw:

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i support pledge my support for r/anarchists due to my vast compassion for the mentally ill and disabled

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
They still have massively racist subs up so gently caress em

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

rudatron posted:

They still have massively racist subs up so gently caress em

you obviously didn't read the OP

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
redditors will forever hate sa for spearheading the effort to get jailbait banned from reddit

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

you obviously didn't read the OP
I did? Reddit admin has allowed racist subs on it, while complaining about anarchism, i thought that was your point

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Darkman Fanpage posted:

redditors will forever hate sa for spearheading the effort to get jailbait banned from reddit

is that why bip roberts was raging about SA?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Condiv posted:

is that why bip roberts was raging about SA?

that is a reddit quote from the time of great pedo sorrow

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

Mayor Dave posted:

that is a reddit quote from the time of great pedo sorrow

aka our great moment of pride, the one worthwhile thing this gay dead comedy forum has done

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Hodgepodge posted:

aka our great moment of pride, the one worthwhile thing this gay dead comedy forum has done

swap.avi was the one good thing thou

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Hodgepodge posted:

Gringostar posted:

swap.avi was the one good thing thou

tribute.avi

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What price freedom

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:reddit:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

lol they banned the guy i quoted

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

they fought to the bitter end not to ban r/pedobait guy, but guy who refuses to ban people saying "bash the fash"? that guy's the one ruining reddit

Stephen K. Bannon
Mar 8, 2017

by Smythe
It's reddit man, who cares?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
reddit should really be wordfiltered to Garbage Hole

Stephen K. Bannon
Mar 8, 2017

by Smythe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reddit should really be wordfiltered to Garbage Hole

You know that if it wasn't for a garbage hole you wouldn't be here today, right?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Hodgepodge posted:

The reddit pedocaust was a remarkable series of events, and one that made me proud pleased cautiously approving less suicidally embarrassed than usual to post here.

All jokes aside it was a grand moment and I'm glad we had as much to do with as we did.

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 02:37 on Mar 30, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Stephen K. Bannon posted:

You know that if it wasn't for a garbage hole you wouldn't be here today, right?

you're sumbody's alt and i dont like you

Stephen K. Bannon
Mar 8, 2017

by Smythe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

you're sumbody's alt and i dont like you

Suck my goddamn balls.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Reddit is basically usnet with a hamhanded attempt at fixing the moderator problem and something like one million times the userbase that usnet had at it's peak.

It's userbase skews shithead because the real world skews shithead.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

papa_november posted:

Reddit is basically usnet with a hamhanded attempt at fixing the moderator problem and something like one million times the userbase that usnet had at it's peak.

It's userbase skews shithead because the real world skews shithead.

remember when that guy performed db analysis on the reddit userbase and found that the best crossover indicator for posting in the white supremacy and other racist subforums there was how much they posted in the gaming ones

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

remember when that guy performed db analysis on the reddit userbase and found that the best crossover indicator for posting in the white supremacy and other racist subforums there was how much they posted in the gaming ones

no, but lmao

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Need this link

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

lol

tl:dr: mod of white supremacist subreddit asks if "just shoot them" wrt to immigrants is incitement to violence, and the reddit admins assured him it wasn't, unlike saying "bash the fash"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at all of this

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
they're just following fox protocol, i.e. everyone knows "fascist" means "president trump", so even the most flip anti-fascist sentiment must be considered a direct threat on the president and his family

nothing weird about that at all, in fact,

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Wemus posted:

Need this link
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/dissecting-trumps-most-rabid-online-following/

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Murder all ancaps

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The irony is that if Anarchism suceeds society would work the same way as Reddit. Why anyone actually wants to live in a world like that is beyond me.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm not familiar with the school of anarchism that suggests voting on literally everything everyone says

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

lol at all of this

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Once again our dead gay forums don't get their deserved name-check as the originator of all this madness:

quote:

But the typical internet meme doesn’t exactly come from nowhere. Its very Darwinian life cycle often begins among thousands of other memes on a group of obscure message boards frequented by the internet’s most devoted users, mostly young men, who Photoshop captioned images for their own amusement.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Helsing posted:

Once again our dead gay forums don't get their deserved name-check as the originator of all this madness:

Jeri Ryan being responsible for President Obama :: Richard Kyanka being responsible for President Trump

c/d?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm not familiar with the school of anarchism that suggests voting on literally everything everyone says

this was an extremely un-anarchy black mirror ep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

3Romeo posted:

Jeri Ryan being responsible for President Obama :: Richard Kyanka being responsible for President Trump

c/d?

they don't call him lowtax for nothing

• Locked thread