Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
They've been back for a while now there friend. They went on tour last year and are currently finishing up the new album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I saw them at their "final" concert back then at MSG and it was a crazy awesome experience. Saw them again last year at a festival and it was literally like they never left. They loving killed the show like as if it was 2011 again, it ruled.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So the album is going to take a while to release since he wants the vinyl out on day 1 which is cool I guess but you know whatever. It is what it is.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It's up on Apple Music and I'm about to listen to it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Their first single was about the band Daft Punk playing a show at their house.

losing my edge is the first LCD soundsystem single dude.....................................

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/james-murphy-on-lcd-soundsystems-return.html

i present to you: the sequel to Losing My Edge in interview form

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Slide into my pms plz...😏😏😏😏

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I’d call bullshit on that because This Is Happening had Dance Yrself Clean, which is one of LCD’s top 5 tracks easily and is more consistently great overall.

Although Emotional Haircut might be one of the best LCD tracks, honestly.

I don’t know. I’d have to listen to American Dream again to really rank it fairly.

relax dude

you always come in later after listening to an album multiple times with a different perspective. or you just have one hot take and you stick to it forever, album just came out, listen to it more

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
the bowie references on this thing feel very much like Low to me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I enjoy this album, but Other Voices is just Pow Pow again.

I mean yeah.

But then again every LCD album is basically a copy of some song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Big Freedia opened for them in Austin fwiw

• Locked thread