Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
LCD Soundsystem owns but yeah they're basically back for good. Saw them at lolla and the metro last year, will see them at pitchfork this year, will buy the new album when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I know at least one of you fuckers had to have been there last night. How are the new songs?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

They're releasing two new songs tonight.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

It's clear from the few minutes before the DJ cuts the song off that it's solid and that he's taken great care of his voice over the past decade.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

thrilla in vanilla posted:

American Dream is super super good. I like Call the Police a fair bit as well, cool to see them going a different direction.

I'm not sure I call Call the Police (heh) a different direction, it sounds like something that would've been right in place just after I Can Change.

Not that I'm complaining at all. There was only three albums of LCD, I don't need anything super different. Just more of the good poo poo.

edit: holy poo poo, American Dream is WAY better even though I like Call the Police. The general defeated desperation of his lyrics is very much intact.

"It's a drug of the heart
And you can't stop from shaking
Because the body wants what it's terrible at taking" :smithicide:

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 6, 2017

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

LCD Soundsystem album is done per LCD's official Facebook. Should be out sometime in a couple months (he said six weeks is the absolute fastest but that it will probably be longer).

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

precision posted:

I might try to see Nashville depending on which coast I am when it happens. Of all the bands that have said "we're done" and later "just kidding", this is pretty much the only one I'm a fan of because they are still killing it.

The great thing about LCD Soundsystem is that from the very first single, the band's been about fear of losing youth, losing touch with friends, wasted youth, being alone in a crowd...it's an overall theme that only becomes more relevant as the band ages.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Daft Punk is Playing at My House wasn't even their second single, it was their fifth.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Honestly I prefer the album art for the American dream/call the police single :barf:

edit: more confirmation, here's the CD listing at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/American-Dre...lcd+soundsystem

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Aug 4, 2017

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Call the Police is good, American Dream is great, I kept waiting for Tonite to get good.

-my worthless opinion

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Haven't listened to the leak, but I'm excited that this has the highest metacritic score of any of his albums. If the singles are anything to go by this will own.

I'm going on a pair of flights to Europe tomorrow night and I'm pretty stoked to have a new album and a 14 minute B-side to listen to :hellyeah:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I think Call the Police is a pretty meh track and that this album is really loving good as a whole. American Dream and How Can You Sleep? are awesome LCD style tracks, easily both in the top ten for me for the band as a whole.

People have different opinions :shobon:

edit: I'm not prepared yet to say it's my favorite album as I've had years to let my appreciation for This is Happening and Sound of Silver solidify, but I could easily see it being up in that running. Also I am pretty certain after a few months that American Dream the song is my favorite they've ever done.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 1, 2017

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Apparently the only reason Pulse isn't on the album is it wouldn't fit on the vinyl (he wanted it to go after Black Screen).

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Tonite grew on me an insane amount.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Old dudes die, people are shocked, news at 11

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Man from the setlists they really like I Used To. Wish I could say the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Pirate Jet posted:

I think how do you sleep was the only track I didn’t instantly forget existed after I finished American Dream, and that’s only because it’s biting Dance Yrself Clean’s gimmick hard.

Tonite and Black Screen are among the best tracks he's ever written IMO.

The rest of it is pretty good, but it's hard for me to rank because the middle tier of songs falls below the middle sons of previous records, but the worst songs on it are still better than the worst songs on other records in my opinion. Still loving awesome and I can't wait for album number five.

• Locked thread