Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Call The Police is a return to form and American Dream made me tear up because it's a new high for them.

Also last week Facebook reminded me of the nine-year anniversary of quoting Sound of Silver as a teen so yeah this is really nice to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

That is absolutely the album art. It's the same typeface as the logos on the tour pages on Ticketmaster.

I'm pretty sure/hoping that's the only thing they're phoning in on this go-around.

Edit: 69 minutes long. Nice.

CRINDY fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 4, 2017

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

At how do you sleep? into tonite, which was a perfect transition for me, I suddenly got teary-eyed because I realized not only had the first half of the album worked perfectly, but the three singles were going to meld into each other, and one of my favorite bands is finally back and they stuck the loving landing

American Dream is currently far and away my AOTY, probably my AOTheLastCoupleY, and I think it is in the competition for best LCD record. Need to give it more time to swim around in my brain, but holy poo poo, this is everything I wanted. Killer grooves, Talking Heads ripoffs, a mid-album centerpiece that has more teeth than any other LCD track in history... it's so loving good.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

TELL 'EM NANCY

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Other Voices feels like Pow Pow but James is purposely doing a David Byrne impression this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Saw the band last night in Boston in some supremely lovely seats but it was probably the best show I've ever seen (and I've seen a LOT of shows). They kicked into gear with an Us V. Them opener (the song I was dying to hear them open with) and the rest of the set was just pure hit after pure hit. Special props to Tonite, they play it in double-time and that frenetic speed only made the song bump that much harder.

LCD is not the kind of band that should be playing hockey arenas, it was obvious the sound was lovely in a lot of spots, but I was directly across from the stage so there was nothing to block or dampen the music, it was just dance and dance and dance. This was the third show I've seen this fall where I bought presale tickets and got slotted into what I thought were pretty lovely seats, only for them to be a pretty optimal place to hear the show soundwise. Holy poo poo, Dance Yrself Clean is a revelation live, and I loving love Emotional Haircut so I was in heaven at the triple-percussion part. The best part of the show, honestly, was watching the place erupt at the true crowd pleasers. Once Tribulations opened up, the crowd went nuclear, and for the rest of the night all I could see was people having fun. During The Drop during Dance Yrself Clean, I don't think a single person was standing still.

I'm glad I stopped myself from buying a shirt, though. Those designs were pretty loving ugly.

• Locked thread