Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I saw them on Saturday at Forecastle in Louisville and all the comments about Pitchfork applied to Forecastle. They played for almost two hours and it was almost non stop awesomeness. I thought Mr. Murphy might be a little rusty live based on some videos I've seen but he was on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

incoherent posted:

Tonight redeems the first two bleh singles.

I agree.

I also like the article because he sounds kinda like a dick, but for good reasons if that's possible? Like he is who he is and he's not going to apologize for it, even if he is just an old man shaking his fist at the "kids".

Also, if you bought tickets to one of their upcoming shows, you also get a copy of the album when it comes out next week. Or maybe that's just here in Michigan, I dunno. I converted my husband into a fan and he wants to see them again!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Action Serious posted:

Detroit shows had a DJ for both I think. Doors were at 7 both nights, Friday LCD came on at 9 and Saturday 9:15, I came late to skip the opener and expensive beer prices both nights.

Where were you sitting/standing? I was there too.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Action Serious posted:

We kept getting told to go further and further back by ushers which was extremely annoying when people were standing in aisles with us and would immediately return after pretending to move after a few minutes.

Friday night was worse because we were standing behind the last row of the lower bowl in the aisle because the ramps going toward the back were jam packed and an usher told us to move up to the balcony because “the main floor is full” which pissed me off because we paid $150 (after fees and poo poo) to be in that part.

Although we also got snapped at by a woman on Saturday because we found a few empty seats and squeezed into a row and she was sitting behind us and didn’t want to stand.

I was at the Saturday show on the right side, third row off the floor. I stood the entire time because I gotta dance. There were so many people on the aisle though. Lots of drunk girls being held up by their significant others. *cue Drunk Girls*

Did they do anything different between the two nights?

• Locked thread