Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

these are good, gj LCD & James

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

this is so good

also tonite is real good

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

I can't believe we got a new Talking Heads album in 2017 and it was named american dream.

Not quite IMO. Eno is the more consistent thread throughout the album, with clear flavors of Talking Heads, Fripp, and especially Bowie. Not surprising given how much Murphy has name dropped these artists in recent interviews, Bowie in particular.

Listened once so far, and dug it. Will need more time with it. it's definitely not as catchy as previous LCD records, which isn't necessarily a bad thing -- they def needed to go in a new direction after achieving pretty much perfection in their dancey, poppy, punky electro style through their first 3 albums. This is a little more down tempo, a little more of a Berlin Trilogy moment so to speak.

Sharks Eat Bear fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 2, 2017

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Saw them on Tues in SF. loving incredible show. I really like the new album, but was blown away by how good the new songs sound live. Call The Police in particular was a big highlight for me. Nancy also sang a really awesome non-LCD song -- not sure if it's Juan MacLean or something else she's involved in. Felt very Tom Tom Club Stop Making Sense-y.

I saw them at their "last ever" show at MSG and I don't think any live music experience will be able to top that. But, seeing them again last night wasn't a disappointment in any way whatsoever -- it only solidified my view that they're probably the best band since the 90s, both in terms of their oeuvre and their live show. Gonna be pretty special to be able to look back on that in 20 years and say "I was there". And I mean that only half ironically.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Nice, thanks!!! Would love to hear a recording of LCD’s version.

• Locked thread