Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lampsacus posted:

I never really 'got' LCD Soundsystem (apart from that Friends song) until I heard their music in a bar. It's pretty optimal background to you-and-your-20something-friends-talking-poo poo-about-life scenes.
Listening to the live at Madison Square Garden really cemented for me just how many loving amazing songs they have in their discography. Like it's amazing song after amazing song after amazing song. They have way more hits than they do misses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I, Butthole posted:

"call the police" has him sounding a little like Wayne Coyne
He really does, and yet this song alone is better than anything The Flaming Lips have put out in the past couple years.

I'm excited to hear the proper studio version. That radio version sounded kinda low-quality, which is expected, but at least the studio version will be out in like an hour or 2.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

dead comedy forums posted:

edit: btw it is on spotify already, so I think it is in proper quality
Not for me :negative:

Though it's only 10:15 here so it'll probably be there in 45 minutes (midnight Eastern which is 11 here)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's on Spotify for me now, can confirm it's really good

But American Dream is EVEN BETTER. Reminding me a lot of the work he did on Arcade Fire's Reflektor. That arp bass is so drat cool.

I can't wait to see them play these on SNL, or one of them at least.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Preorder is up, with insanely bad album art too! Hopefully it's a placeholder.
Yeah look at all the effort that went into that! :effort:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

That album cover is really bad.
It looks like one of those Redbox unofficial placeholder covers for a movie

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

incoherent posted:

Tonight redeems the first two bleh singles.
I think the first two singles were way more exciting than tonite v:shobon:v

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Are they making 45:33 part 2 after American Dream?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Album’s out for real now. Call the Police and Emotional Haircut are easily the best tracks on it, but the rest? Eh, I’m not a big fan of. It sounds like LCD Soundsystem but without the instant classic status that their songs usually have.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

abraham linksys posted:

I'm going to start the ranking wars now: this is a better album than This Is Happening; fight me nerds

how do you sleep? is a loving revelation
I’d call bullshit on that because This Is Happening had Dance Yrself Clean, which is one of LCD’s top 5 tracks easily and is more consistently great overall.

Although Emotional Haircut might be one of the best LCD tracks, honestly.

I don’t know. I’d have to listen to American Dream again to really rank it fairly.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The REAL Goobusters posted:

relax dude

you always come in later after listening to an album multiple times with a different perspective. or you just have one hot take and you stick to it forever, album just came out, listen to it more
I listened to it again and I’m sticking to my original opinion :( I want to like it more than I do. It’s not terrible or anything, it’s just not all that exciting to me either. I totally see the Talking Heads influence and everything. It just seems like LCD repeating themselves but without the expert craftsmanship.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Also I’m listening to This Is Happening now and there’s no doubt in my mind that this is a better album than American Dream. I mean come on, Dance Yrself Clean? I Can Change? You Wanted A Hit? Pow Pow? These are timeless classics that never get old for me. Call The Police and Emotional Haircut are real good, but I don’t think they’re that good. This Is Happening is so loving consistent in a way that American Dream isn’t.

It feels like a lot of the ideas on American Dream were already fleshed out better on This Is Happening, musically at least.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/903843946551324673

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saw them tonight at a festival and it was loving incredible, oh my god :swoon: First time seeing them (I'd been wanting to see them for 12 years after getting a copy of the self-titled from a cousin in 2005 and listening to it over and over again) and it was everything I'd hoped for and more. Amazing setlist, amazing visuals, etc.

I'm not even exaggerating a bit when I say that's in the top 10 live shows I've ever seen.

I was so glad that they didn't load the set with new stuff and forget the songs I've loved for years. And my favorite from the new album (Emotional Haircut) is even cooler live.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LCD's entire 54 minute long Austin City Limits episode went up if you're interested in watching it:
http://video.klru.tv/video/3008639252/

(Requires an account/Facebook sign-in, but it's free)

Setlist:
Oh Baby
Call the Police
I Can Change
Change Yr Mind
Tonite
New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down
Emotional Haircut
All My Friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic