Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

2ill posted:

Hey.

"Murphy notes the tracks will be available at midnight “wherever you are,” meaning folks in Australia—or anyone who can fake an Australian internet connection—can already listen to them on streaming services."
http://www.avclub.com/article/lcd-soundsystem-release-2-new-songs-tonight-midnig-254781

Not to be pushy, but who here's got the juice?

They're out there. Google something like "lcd soundsystem call the police zip" and you might be able to find a link.

Call the Police is really good.

edit: Call the Police: http://pitchfork.com/news/68034-listen-to-lcd-soundsystems-new-song-call-the-police/

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

They just killed Pitchfork in Chicago. Call the Police is absurdly good live.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Personally, I love Windows 95.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Via Pitchfork, they're releasing another new song tomorrow.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

angrygodofjebus posted:

Via Pitchfork, they're releasing another new song tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqq3BtGrpU8

This album is gonna rule.

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 16, 2017

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I think the first two singles were way more exciting than tonite v:shobon:v

I've seen a bunch of people that really love American Dream and it's my least favorite of the three (though it's still good) so I guess ymmv

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Only one listen but it is extremely good

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Yeah I've listened to it a ton since it leaked and I love it.

I don't skip any of the tracks when I play it through. how do you sleep? is one of my favorite songs they've ever made, and the whole thing flows wonderfully, right down to the last song. Definitely might be their best album.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

It is extremely good and I can't wait to see them in just over a month.

Sadness: they have yet to play how do you sleep? live :(

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Well gently caress :(

Not expecting it in November then.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Yeah, good to know. For the three shows starting tonight in Chicago, all it says is 7:30 but no idea if that's doors, when the opener goes on, or what.

e: doors at 6:30, DJ set at 7:30, LCD at 9pm if anyone else was curious.

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 6, 2017

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Nancy also sang a really awesome non-LCD song -- not sure if it's Juan MacLean or something else she's involved in. Felt very Tom Tom Club Stop Making Sense-y.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjqPmqXy7nc

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Based on what James has said they'll play it eventually, but yeah not looking like this tour.

It's a shame, but their setlists have been pretty great this tour anyway and I had a killer time at the Chicago show I made it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

disagree, it's better than the S/T. but not really close to Sound of Silver or This is Happening

I think This is Happening is their best and American Dream is basically right there with Sound of Silver after that.

• Locked thread