Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

nigga crab pollock posted:

big bang theory isnt even a competently produced television show though. its actually kind of interesting to look at the scene blocking in friends which is at least more interesting than anything that actually happens in the show. the little ive seen of the big bang theory its a loving disaster where nobody involved does more than phone it in

Big Bang Theory is better than Friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
friends was a really bad and bland show for idiots

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Dennis System posted:

Big Bang Theory is better than Friends.

Extremely weak troll, 2/10, gb2/r9k/

Back to Friends discussion. Am I the only one whose suspension of disbelief took a major hit when three seasons passed and Ross still hadn't put an end to his utterly miserable existence? Like, I kept thinking there was gonna be one of those "sombre" episodes a lot of contemporary sitcoms had. One where Chandler and Joey barge into his flat with basketball tickets to find him hanging from a doorknob by his tie while the monkey, starved and covered in its own filth, screams incessantly and Chandler cracks wise.

Joey: "Oh my God, this is horrible!"
Chandler: "I know, now we gotta invite Gunther. Could this be any more awkward?"

But no, instead we got to watch him try to gently caress his cousin.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

a misanthrope posted:

friends was a really bad and bland show for idiots

this is true but it's also good

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
My girlfriend loves the show and we have been watching through all of the seasons. It's not bad really, I don't really watch sitcoms but it does remind me of the 90's which was a simpler time and nice. I just got to the bit after Joey is in love with Rachel and she knows, but he backs down because he knows it's wrong. Then, a little bit later, she suddenly wants him and gets all jealous when he's with that black chick. What a bitch.

Also, too bad that Phoebe doesn't end up with that Minsk guy.

I would have sex with Janice, voice or not. Gunther is a bro.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

henpod posted:

My girlfriend loves the show and we have been watching through all of the seasons. It's not bad really, I don't really watch sitcoms but it does remind me of the 90's which was a simpler time and nice. I just got to the bit after Joey is in love with Rachel and she knows, but he backs down because he knows it's wrong. Then, a little bit later, she suddenly wants him and gets all jealous when he's with that black chick. What a bitch.

Also, too bad that Phoebe doesn't end up with that Minsk guy.

I would have sex with Janice, voice or not. Gunther is a bro.

to be honest, black chick was ten times hotter than Rachel, she mad jelly just because of that

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Serak posted:

Friends ran for 236 episodes at let's call it 21 minutes a piece.

In that time, the show managed exactly funny joke - Miss Chanandler Bong - for a hit-rate of one joke every 82 hours.

This puts it behind every other sitcom except The Big Bang Theory

No, Joey. OMnipotent.
I'm so sorry Ross

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

-Joey and Phoebe HAVE to be gently caress buddies

Matthew LePerry and Lisa Kudrow approached the writers to reveal that Joey and Phoebe had been constantly boning in secret like nbd throughout the entire series but they shot them down

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Calaveron posted:

Matthew LePerry and Lisa Kudrow approached the writers to reveal that Joey and Phoebe had been constantly boning in secret like nbd throughout the entire series but they shot them down

They should have just had sex with each other

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I don't know why the "Smelly Cat" song is supposed to be funny.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Dennis System posted:

I don't know why the "Smelly Cat" song is supposed to be funny.

Because it was so random! (lol!)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

Because it was so random! (lol!)

Friends literally invented random humour.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

sassassin posted:

Friends literally invented random humour.

And they will be forever damned for it.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What was the Friends set like in terms of cocaine and alcohol? It seems like nearly every syndicated show at the time was crawling with binge drinking coke fiends, but a show as boring and bland as Friends might not have been. I bet it would have been an improvement, too.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

KomodoWagon posted:

What was the Friends set like in terms of cocaine and alcohol? It seems like nearly every syndicated show at the time was crawling with binge drinking coke fiends, but a show as boring and bland as Friends might not have been. I bet it would have been an improvement, too.

Matthew Perry was a pill freak on the latter seasons. You can tell because he goes from healthy weight to obese drug addict to recovering addict thin in like 15 episodes

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I loving knew it'd be Perry.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

From up to about season 7 Monica was really really pretty. Beautiful even. But then she like lost some weight or something and she became near skeletal in later seasons. Check out an episode in season 3 and then 9. Pay specific attention to her cheekbones and collarbone area. What happened to make you this way Monica?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

us vs also us posted:

this is true but it's also good

i mean even back the i feel like there were better entertainment options.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Big nipples , big life

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
did I just piss myself or did I accidentally sit on a juice box?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

finalellipsis posted:

did I just piss myself or did I accidentally sit on a juice box?

Thats...thats not what she thought happened. Do you pee on girls when you're excited? Are you a puppy?

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Solice Kirsk posted:

Thats...thats not what she thought happened. Do you pee on girls when you're excited? Are you a puppy?

I haven't seen that episode since it aired because who rewatches friends on purpose? but to answer your question, both.

naem
May 29, 2011

oldpainless posted:

From up to about season 7 Monica was really really pretty. Beautiful even. But then she like lost some weight or something and she became near skeletal in later seasons. Check out an episode in season 3 and then 9. Pay specific attention to her cheekbones and collarbone area. What happened to make you this way Monica?

Starving yourself to be as skinny as she was for a decade is super bad for you

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lmbo

naem
May 29, 2011

More ice nips

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I'm the guy whose job it was to ice down the F*R*I*E*N*D*S actresses' nips before each scene AMA

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pawn 17 posted:

I'm the guy whose job it was to ice down the F*R*I*E*N*D*S actresses' nips before each scene AMA

What are your qualifications?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

a misanthrope posted:

i mean even back the i feel like there were better entertainment options.

yeah but I'll bet you still watched it while waiting for the simpsons, F*R*i*E*N*D*S was alright I stand by this

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

KomodoWagon posted:

What are your qualifications?

I have very soft, yet cold hands.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pawn 17 posted:

I have very soft, yet cold hands.

That could be a circulation issue. Have you consulted a doctor?

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Matthew perry was on amphetamines in the early seasons and was really animated and thin then he got sober and fat and slow

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Nonviolent J posted:

Matthew perry was on amphetamines in the early seasons and was really animated and thin then he got sober and fat and slow

matthew perry is a little bit sad to see these days isn't he

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Lol at goons who attack friends or big bang theory then watch anime and star trek

People who hate big bang either are a massive nerd stereotype or are a gay elitist who goes autistic if they make the tiniest mistake about nerd culture

NERD LIFE!! the next poster yells, grasping their micropeen and wearing spock ears

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

No goon is a trekkie. Goons love DS9, trekkies hate it. Goons are shunned by real trekkies

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Nonviolent J posted:

Lol at goons who attack friends or big bang theory then watch anime and star trek

People who hate big bang either are a massive nerd stereotype or are a gay elitist who goes autistic if they make the tiniest mistake about nerd culture

NERD LIFE!! the next poster yells, grasping their micropeen and wearing spock ears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Goons are elitist about star trek

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Star Trek and Big Bang show are both real bad

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gaunab posted:

Is ______ supposed to be likable?

No

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I thought it was great casting when they put the whiny cuck douche nozzle from Friends and put him in Band of Brothers as a whiny cuck douche nozzle.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

DiHK posted:

I thought it was great casting when they put the whiny cuck douche nozzle from Friends and put him in Band of Brothers as a whiny cuck douche nozzle.

Salute the rank, not the man. :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

DiHK posted:

He was in the movie "The Iceman" with Michael Shannon too, he has a ponytail lol

• Locked thread