Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Needs to be another thread where all the posters think one of the other friends is the best and the two threads end up in bitter rivalry posting catty memes about how bad the other thread's favourite friend is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
why does ross, the largest friend, not simply eat all the other friends???

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

nigga crab pollock posted:

FRIENDS is set up almost exactly like seinfeld except it doesnt attempt anything but the most milquetoast of sitcom motions. i know seinfeld is technically about nothing but thats the core of it's subversion. theres a mutual understanding between the viewers and creators about what the show is about. in friends though this relationship is nonexistent, the show is a by-the-numbers sitcom using the sensibilities of network television circa 2002.

most of the characters are straight up narcissists who if they were your actual friends you would loving hate them. it follows the basic sitcom setup of "i want thing. i am going to screw my friends over for thing. oh no the nature of thing is not what i thought, and i also screwed over friend!! what am i going to do? i am going to double-down and make the situation worse" except this is not the core joke, like seinfeld, its just a necessity of the serial television medium

the lovely thing with friends though is that even tho its just another sitcom thats passively pouring someone else's value system straight into your skull its flashy production values and insane popularity pretends that it has some measure of relatability and emotional depth to it when its literally just Full House

which is worse, friends or big bang theory

• Locked thread