Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

When it comes to new Thai cinema the latest Thai film I watched was Suwichakornpong's Mundane History and it was amazing. It was the one of two movie experiences where I went through actual katharsis in the theatre. A huge recommendation but you'd have to watch it on a bigger screeen with good sound because without surrounding music it won't work.

What I'm saying is that I'm curious what's going on in Thai cinematography nowadays so thanks for the heads up OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

So did you manage to see it? I'm curious about her second movie as the first one was something special.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Sounds interesting. Her previous movie also had a cut up structure that hopped all over the story's timeline so it's probably her thing now. In Mundane History it made sense though because it was all set up to make the audience feel tormented so that the incredible ending could set them free.

A movie I watched in an empty theater was Princess Mononoke - at least right after the family with little kids that was sitting in front of me left when some dude's hands have been cut off clean with an arrow.

• Locked thread