Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
No, don't screw with the dictator, do publically decline the offer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm a newcomer here, could we launch a feint attack of some sort too?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing there's already dibs on any A-10s, are there any dibs on the other A-classifications of US military aircraft? Say the A-1, A-2, A-4, A-6, A-29, or A-37?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Okay, first dibs on A-10 or A-6: otherwise any general purpose gun and bomb truck will do.

If we do get a navy can we dub it Taffy 3?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hypothetically speaking, what's happen if we contaminated the Reddit army's marijuana with lsd and ecstasy?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
And 1 flying car for VIP extractions.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That's assuming the dictator whose life and livelyhood we've threatened in the past would keep his word.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Could we make money on the side as gun runners?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is the Count inclined to be a benevolent transitional ruler, a benevolent dictator, or a dictator?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Could we drop munitions that'd light the ship up on a timer?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We could go no witnesses in a unseen, low risk way. Or no witnesses in a war-crimes, potential to get caught and potential to risk pilots way.

I say we go the reaper route. We get the main thing we want at a lower risk and lower material cost.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What will keep people from tracking our awac and what explanation would we have for it's position?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
red handed

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just a though. Is there a role for someone flying a utility prop or a utility helicopter?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Should we send a message to Mitsubishi that while we don't understand the context of their message we are willing to use this as a chance to talk with them about cooperation in the future?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's the status of North Korea?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Double post, but I just realized something. The Textron AirLand Scorpion is getting a production run as a trainer. Which means we should be able to use it in the game. Which means we might be able to buy some new ones from the manufacturer at a discount if we offer to put it thru its paces in combat.

"Stats per Wikipedia posted:

General characteristics
Crew: 2
Length: 43 ft 6 in (13.26 m)
Wingspan: 47 ft 4 in (14.43 m)
Height: 14 ft (4.3 m)
Empty weight: 11,800 lb (5,352 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 21,250 lb (9,639 kg)
Fuel capacity: 6 000 lb (2 722 kg)
Powerplant: 2 × Honeywell TFE731 turbofan, 4,000 lbf (18 kN) thrust each

Performance
Maximum speed: 450 kn (518 mph; 833 km/h)
Stall speed: 95 kn (109 mph; 176 km/h) (max)[50]
Ferry range: 2,400 nmi (2,762 mi; 4,445 km)
Service ceiling: 45,000 ft (14,000 m)

Armament
Hardpoints: 6 with a capacity of 6,200 lb (2,800 kg),[30] and an internal bay with a 3,000 lb (1,400 kg)[28] of armaments and other stores,
Bombs: precision and non-precision munitions

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Quinntan posted:

Not in the database

Time to submit a request to the developer gods!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Quinntan posted:

Eh, there likely isn't enough data to go on yet, along with a lack of orders for them.

I'll keep my fingers crossed

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Could we turn the super turcanos into suicide drones?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1. BFLM Attack
2. K&P Attack
3. Ivanov Attack

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

glynnenstein posted:

Lots of straw-man arguments about "what will happen" if we choose interesting options! Don't be deterred; what will happen will be fun.

That line of thought has lead to a lot of game breaking problems in CYOAs.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Idiotic was fun in Paradise Lost but then we kept dying or getting the wrong people killed. That's where I'm coming from.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd support an Optimized Weirdness coalition.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can you put me in anything? Callsign Sponsored by Vitaminwater (SbV for short)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oops, also Bering Sea

Also, I'll try to get a friend in this because he has a dog in the fight.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sell the SAAB, keep the AMX's as spare bomb trucks.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I thought there were new posts but they were old posts.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
sell the planes and pay for the circus to do a show at Angola's next airshow. Which won't be a while, to be honest

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
comedy option, buy a Zero and gift it to Mitsubishi.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, I wonder if we can buy any museum stock for parts. Like either buy plane parts from museums or literally invest in them so we can raid planes for parts.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Blame that explosion on a Swedish engineer?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just to be clear, is the Nugent fan line also a reference? Blame the gay was 1980s and blame the foreigner was 1850s. That guy would go on to create the Monitor/rotating gun turrets.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
phonepost.

Native.

And see if we can serve as a moderating force that arranges for neutrality between mit and bsnc. Like "gently caress it, gps still works so we stick to x miles off shore, you stick to y."

Ideally we could work out an alliance between Mitsubishi's​ successor and the Berring Straight Corp. Granted this requires the skills of a master diplomat who can get the two to unite against Nugent and against another common for.

God a Kaiju would come in handy for that.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 26, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which is why we need to offer a consultant, free of charge, to help direct those impulses to other targets.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I really hope we're allowed to coordinate ground strategy in a way that redirects the more hot-blooded folk to more appropriate targets. Or at least share the potential cost/benefits.

"Those assholes stole the land, we're taking hits to help you get what's yours back. But part of that means letting us handle the total war part while you win the PR war."

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sponsored by Vitaminwater still says BSNC.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A native Alaska for native Alaskans.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We have freedom to pick our targets, but we have to do it on a tight budget.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what it'd take to what it'd take to convince the BSNC to relinquish claims on Siberia in exchange​ for Mitsu recognizing BSNC sovereignty and territorial possessions in Alaska?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If the Angola shipping attack info got out would it be better to spin it or deny it?