Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Please do not sink the Queen Victoria, Hired Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Plan Hexaphantom. Buy six F-4s.

You don't have to spend it all at once. Other things will come along. Frogfoots are lovely but the Hired Goons blew that bridge when they rejected MiGs at the start. I don't know what kind of monster doesn't have their heart warmed by the beauty of a Fishbed, but you've made your fishless bed and have to lie in it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Jack's professional lobbying activities really make me wonder just what the gently caress would be going on if the votes had been for Jimmy instead.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Popete posted:

Put all of our money into Ekranoplan's, it's the only reasonable choice.
Some people want planes. Some people want boats. Everyone wants ekranoplans, covered in missiles.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Do not buy those planes.

It hurts me to say this.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Quinntan posted:

The Sperwer really is intended only for armies to tow along and launch for tactical reconnaissance. It really isn't suitable for us.
Donate one to the other thread, get them to develop UAV tactics and have them lug one over near the objectives in out next campaign, which I assume will be somewhere flat and low.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Do you think it's worth offering wild weasel services to civilian airlines? Could be an interesting bonus money-maker.

I am torn on this mission. I just can't vote on it, I want to support plan sell-the-rights-to-Hollywood and plan don't-be-loving-idiots, I'm torn.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Yooper posted:

I've got a plot-device ready in case we want to get into old/wacky stuff. But I'm not sure I want to go down that road.
How long could you sustain two side-by-side versions of this LP for? You know, before the permanent brain damage kicks in.

I want to know more, but it's probably not a good idea.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Yooper posted:

This is coming.

Prepare yourselves for lasers, railguns, and cockpit fires.

:allbuttons:
Can CMANO simulate a trench run? This is important

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah, if we go to Angola we're gonna end up starting a Chinese proxy war because they HATE our asses and have a vested interest/presence in the area already. The last thing the Count needs is the negative attention of a superpower.
Proxy war, so we won't be dealing with more dragons, and it'll mean better business - Yooper said we were in the area until prospects were exhausted or something like that, rather than a short little campaign, and continuing to piss off the Chinese will mean we'll never run out of poo poo to do. Edit: You will note that while I am saying we should piss off the Chinese even more and let them shoot at us, I am not actually part of "us." It's more of a "you," really.

Also,

Dong Quixote posted:

Bonus:
Prowlers come with a windshield coating in GOLD! Look at this:

Imagine how upset the Libertarians will be when they're fancy toys don't work because of an aircraft literally protected by purestrain gold! This story practically writes itself.
kill libertarian air defences. fly circles around their high-value sites demanding ludicrous sums of bitcoin to leave without dropping ordnance. once the transactions go through the blockchain, blow their poo poo up anyway. laugh over the radio while they cry about the NAP.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The only Count I recognise is played by Bela Lugosi. Propping up The Dictator is the natural choice for Hired Goons. If we fail and earn his wrath, we can always gently caress him over and flee to the sea.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

CirclMastr posted:

We need to build up plenty of good will so that we aren't immediately sanctioned/invaded by the UN when we establish Outer Heaven.
Or steal a nuclear deterrent.

I'm glad we bought SAMs. Since this thread has already spun off one mad grog LP, perhaps someone'll be inspired to LP SAM Simulator, somehow.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
As I already said, there is only one Count and he was played by Bela Lugosi. We're mercenary secretaries now, take Dictation.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
At least we'll be blowing up reddit. e: that vote tally has some dupes, but seems pretty Count-focused anyway.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
She won't stay with us forever, but hire Rohan now and on some distant day, on some future contract, the Rohirrim will fly to our aid.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Taking land is always a hassle, it's full of people and some weird "government" thing. It's far better to make land.

Seasteading is the future. A massive raft built around something that can be used as an aircraft carrier. Hydroponics. Aquaponics. Humanitarian aid - homes and jobs for refugees, on the free and wild ocean! Or sea. A large lake might be better.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Nuramor posted:

"Other four factions"? Who else is there again?
Count, Dictator, Reddit, Rohan.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Loel posted:

It also needs flight capability :colbert:
Land capability would also be acceptable. Legs, tracks, doesn't really matter.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
What kind of civilians are hanging out at a dictator's hotel by a lithium mine in a warzone, anyway?

Hopefully not white ones. Or Chinese.

E: From Wikipedia,

quote:

Use as space launch platform

In 2011, 4Frontiers Corporation and Starfighters Inc (a private F-104 operator) began working together on a project to launch suborbital sounding rocket from F-104s flying out of Kennedy Space Center. First launches were expected to occur in 2012. According to their website the project seems to be stalled.[49][needs update][50]

In early 2016, another venture, CubeCab, was working on a rocket system that would launch CubeSats from F-104s.[51][52] The company said it planned to begin providing launch services "around 2018".[53]
There's got to be something Hired Goons can do with this. Any F-104s still on the market?

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 23, 2017

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Just look at those wings, though. The only thing hotter is the tail end of an English Electric Lightning, or possibly a red-headed quartermaster's anger at procurement decisions.

Also Rohan's fine, she's just getting used to a new environment. We don't drop goon pilots the first time they keep running away from combat to urgently refuel when their buddies need support, do we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Are we the baddies, he says, with some concern.
Mercenaries. Also, posting on page 88.

May as well paint giant skulls on all the planes.