Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

My heart says Rohan

But my head says Zack, we desperately need the intel the drones can give us. It could be a critical advantage.

Some people may be thinking that Rohan might pop up and save the day by killing their Wedgetail, but any GM that won't screw the players by flattening their airbase for no reason also won't save their bacon for no reason by randomly killing the opposition's most dangerous asset.

However ! If Yooper is planning to do some super-secret advanced meta-RPG stuff to track Rohan's progress towards redemption or damnation, then absofragginglutely hire her !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Psawhn posted:

nibbling around the edges and blunting their mechanized superiority.

I'd like to get more intelligence on what assets our opponents have and where they're located.

A nice, quiet, low-key thing to do would be to hit their fuel depots. That'd bring their T-55s to a screeching halt, and for a good long time too. Shorter term, we could put recon eyes on the LOC behind the mechanized advance and try and spot the fuel convoys or supply dumps. Taking out either would take a lot of pressure off the client's ground forces.

Zack could have found it for us.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Vote for Reverse Isiah Mustafa

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Can we get a recon platform in range to snoop on the control channels and prove it wasn't us ?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Cathode Raymond posted:

I don't like the idea of putting all our eggs in the ssbn basket. We need at least a few land missile silos with ICBM's, and get some of those old Russian ICBM's built before treaties banned land-based MIRVs.

No repeat NO land based ICBMs until the 2x4 Battalion can mount an effective guard force against everybody repeat everybody who doesn't want us having nukes.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Bacarruda posted:

It's your plan, so I'll leave the final Sperwer call up to you?. Do you want to delete the Sperwer or leave it in?

The Gorgon Stare on the Reaper did great work last time and spotted the S-300 without difficulty. I figure we should leave the spotting duty up to it.

Leave it in and send it scouting the western side of the map, north from our airfield. Positive recon on that area can't hurt.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Yeah, I feel like we'd get some good mileage from additional recon assets, but let's fly the ones we have somewhere.

The important eyeballs will be on the Bulgarians. We'll need good spotting to get the armored and mechanized units.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Loel posted:

I dunno, I think "we pay well for turncoats" gets us more than "we shoot people who try to switch sides"

That's the only reasonable policy. It also gives us an individual option after our inevitable ecoterrorism/throwing cluster bomblets around like candy gets the whole world against us.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Seriously people, we don;t need to get crazy here, we were hired to pound sand, clear paths and blow up planes. We don't need a nine point strategy to bomb the button factory to disrupt the Dictators silk shirt profits. Lets just do what we do best, keep the skies clear, and blow up tanks.

We're an air force with the ability to dictate to the ground forces. Of course people are theorycrafting like mad !

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Ordnance used in the capital can't be used to wipe out a whole airfield.

Military Targets

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Golgotha

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Reapers have GBU-38 GPS guided JDAMs now. We need more of these !

http://breakingdefense.com/2017/05/air-force-drops-first-gps-bomb-from-reaper-gbu-38-jdam/

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Coastal CAS because hitting the capital doesn't help until it helps us put boots on the streets. Clear the coast for armor and the SA-11s can be driven off by ground forces.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Paingod556 posted:

How does one sign up a merc for this? Because I am 100% in for crewing a strike bomber, should a F-111 or Su-24 end up in our laps. Or an A4D, if we cheap out and get bulk Scooters.

Your callsign is now Scooters.

I want in too, callsign Maserati by choice.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

In on Gatecrasher

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

In for Gatecrasher.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

1: Big Fella
2: Sovereign Citizen
3: Crazy Yahweh

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Red Handed

We can always just claim a familiarization flight with our new birds.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

1. For It Is Raining Dreams And I Have Cabin Fever
2. Surfin' RdA
3. Operation Toontown

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Quia tuti sunt tibi gradibus

Good plan, good stream, good motto.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Davin Valkri posted:

I wanna brighten up the mood a bit, so I wrote this.

And you were right to do so !

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Loel posted:

Six or seven packages that we can only buy three of could be fun.

Having to decide between getting two packages with a lot of stuff we really want, or three with only some stuff we really want would be pretty entertaining.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Go Native, Go North, Go Strait.

Take the Sk60s off the roster and absolutely use them as an airshow/stadium flyby team. Rotate pilots who have been shot down through the demonstration team, so they can write stuff about going back to the world for a while.

The AMXs will be our worst remaining plane, but if we ever need 4 deniable Mavericks we can sacrifice them, assuming sufficient SAR cover to get someone to fly the mission.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Natives

They're the side with the worst naval assets. If we're going to steal a bote from someone, we have the best outcomes if we're working for the side that doesn't have anything worth stealing. We'll do fine financially, even if we might have to bomb dozens of small fishing boats/

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Quinntan posted:

It'd be far more interesting than "OOPS WE HAVE NO MONEY WE CAN'T AFFORD BOMBS LOL".

OR ! That could happen because some fuckstain in middle management didn't properly support the "get bombs to the mercs" project. Forget working for Mitsuhashi, we'd have as much freedom of action as a minimum wage retail worker,

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

1. Half-rear end
2. Hot'n Bothered
3. Haiku

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Coffeehitler posted:

Going by my understanding of the Toyota Method, doing exactly what they want this mission with an extra bit that is preparatory for another mission (recon) is exactly what a first task should look like. We do this, we get a touch more lee-way to expand our RoE or do something extra that is in-line with the ultimate goal of the contract.

That's my thinking. The Mamba is a long-term project, and doing the recon is Step One of dealing with it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Thunderdome best dome.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Yooper posted:

Um, no? Though I'm curious as to the reference.

Mike Pondsmith is the developer of the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Put the rust buckets in their own category. :v:

"Cool planes that will be fun on missions"

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Quinntan posted:

No more complaining about Meteors and SDBs making life too easy, because imagine if we'd gone all in on shitplanes instead

Aren't we glad we got those Phantoms ?

drat this was an exciting stream ! Yooper wanted to ratchet the tension up, and he delivered on that in spades.

That Patriot battery shot down a lot of ASuMs, we might run it dry this campaign.

All in all, this mission was expensive in Grippens but we did end up with air superiority that we can probably maintain. Too bad about any plans for dealing with St.Lawrence Island's SAM battery by flooding it with SDBs. On the plus side, nobody else in the region has a chance of establishing a permissive environment.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Subhunting

Best risk/reward ratio we can get. Going for the snek means saddling ourselves with a SAM launcher we can't afford to use. An FAC is a bad place to start with botes. If we even should.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

simplefish posted:

I mean yeah, but we are working for a Japanese conglomerate, they're all about tie-ins and anime and mascots. The Japanese SDF had an anime cartoon and everything.

Yes, yes they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-NxDBP6lE

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Dutch Harpoon

A plan that qualifies as an actual plan.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Needs wings.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

gently caress cancer.

Go Yooper go !

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Yooper, you've got the outline for one hell of an airport novel coming together here.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

1. History Maker
2. Bad Weather

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

1. IAEA for more Grippens
2. CIA for F-15s
3. Nuke Facebook, for the lulz.

Although one thing bugs me, if we nuke Facebook, how are we supposed to let family and friends know ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Yooper posted:

I better run that mission soon, poo poo's starting to get weird in here.

Preferably before people start fighting over the conch shell.