Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Zebba

Laser designation could make or break a mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Now, where are we in the escalation vortex?

We're on the Zebba Axis, shown here in green.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Cat Face and Bait and Switch

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

GOUDOMARIA

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

TheDemon posted:

And it's so far away. Like, painfully far.

That's why they'll never expect it !

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

David Corbett posted:

It's good that they don't have any way to see what's coming from their radar site.

Not if it's a couple dozen dudes in hi-vis vests and hardhats they don't.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

I wonder if Zebba could somehow pull off just driving it back...

Yeah, we're asking him if he can hire a bunch of guys, steal a radar, and then drive it back. That'd be one badass CAS-oriented mission, blasting his route open and keeping enemy aircraft and choppers away from him.

We're doing this, or at least we're getting him drunk and asking him if he can do it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Whack-A-Mole

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

That was really messy, especially the gun runs against the Hinds. I'd expect nothing less from the Slammers.

Oh well, back to the end of the flight line for me.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Desert Dessert

This looks like a good move strategically, and it's a mission that we can't screw up by exploding the wrong thing.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Warmachine posted:

If there is one thing I've learned in my adult life (starting circa 2008), it is that trying to win the arms race between satire and reality is a fool's errand. I've just learned to embrace the farce, and I think that's why the Yooperverse holds so much appeal to me.

Charlie Stross writes a lot of (really good) near-future cybercrime fiction. He keeps having to throw manuscripts out because some rear end in a top hat actually went and did whatever the plot for his current draft calls for. cf. Halting State and Rule 34.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Looks good to me. We're already going to have the Su-24s dicking around over the water, so engaging the helis with their WVR heaters sounds like a good thing to toss in.

No it doesn't. Heater range is close enough you risk giving the helicopters good shots at the planes. Remember all the actual fighters those Hinds shot down when the tried strafing runs ? Su-24s are gonna get toasted if they try the same thing.