Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I hear tell Jack Abramoff has a lot of experience dealing with the Indians, and flying jets too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'm kind of split between Option B and Phantom-Frog (since we'd need to buy 4 F-4's to have 2 reliably), but I'm not that keen on the F-4 option anyways, so I say Phantom-Frog.

I guess if the Indians are supplying us, it's kind of a moot point, but if we made a dash through Myanmar on the return, how close of a call would it actually be? Looks like somewhere around 150 nm or less of airspace to violate. Sittwe would be the place they'd come from, and it's kind of right in the path back.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 5, 2017

Kangra
May 7, 2012

If we're potentially going to piss off the Burmese when we blow up those boats (and end up having to dodge aircraft all the way home), should we just plan to fly over their land on the way back. It's the one place they won't be expecting us to go!

I have a question for Yooper about how this is working mechanically. Do our particular actions have some chance of instigating a response depending on how and when we take them (such that you don't know ahead of time what the Burmese response will be), or do the scenarios have to be more closely scripted (such that event X will trigger reaction Y, but the specific events are hidden from us).

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I say yes to the museum pieces. If things stay as they are, we probably won't want to send them on any missions. But when we pay for our hubris and get smacked down for tangling with a full-sized military, we'll want whatever we can scramble together. I wouldn't mind having to run a few scrounging missions somewhere where those things might be usable. Or we just sell them off. I think it's a decent investment for the business.