Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Hey, I looked for the "why would anyone want this" section in your write-up and didn't find it. Did you forget to add it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Eripsa didn't really have any followers. That's why he keeps coming here - we pay more attention to him than he gets anywhere else, even if it's almost entirely negative attention.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Yuli Ban posted:

Well you're the one asking a question that was answered in the OP.
What's the idea?

"Humans should own the robots to do their work for them, or the robots should own/run society." AKA: "all the automation-based buzzwords you keep on hearing on /r/Futurology with its own catch-all -ism".

Deal with that however you choose. Throw a revolution, build your own ASIMO, wait 100 years and buy stock in some automated business, create schizophrenic conspiracy theory-infested videos, it's not up to me to figure out how to organize society. I'm not even asking for anyone to do anything. I'm just creating a catch-all term for all those drat buzzwords. Hence why I said this thread's redundant since we already have an automation thread.

Okay, you've made up a new word that describes "automation-related social problems". Now what? What useful discussion is there to be had about "hey guys I invented a word"?

• Locked thread