Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Larryb posted:

Considering they're still in school and Mitsuki is only just now getting introduced I'd say this series takes place before the Boruto movie (which I kind of hope they don't revisit or at the very least they handle it in a slightly different way, it was bad enough having to put up with it in the manga).

The first half of the movie was really good imo, it just kinda went to poo poo when they went full DBZ in the second half. If this series takes the second half of that movie in a different direction, it could be very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mymla posted:

The first half of the movie was really good imo, it just kinda went to poo poo when they went full DBZ in the second half. If this series takes the second half of that movie in a different direction, it could be very good.

True, if they change things up a bit ala the movie arcs in Dragon Ball Super they could be able to salvage things a bit. I also hope they eventually adapt the Salad Gaiden manga if only for the humor value.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The only good Uchiha was Itachi, because he was the one character that had a lot of depth. the fact that he had to murder his clan or be murdered along with his clan was a tragedy.

Also yes Chocho is cool and good. My girlfriend is watching this with me, and she has little to no knowledge of Naruto in general, but seems to follow along fine. So far this show seems to do better with female characters than Shippuden did.

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.
Damnit, Shino, what did you think was gonna happen?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Excellent Cho cho episode, but also Mitsuki is the best straight man in the history of ninjas.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sure it means we are probably gonna get the most magic eye bullshit later.

But Boy that episode of Boruto was amusing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dexo posted:

Sure it means we are probably gonna get the most magic eye bullshit later.

But Boy that episode of Boruto was amusing.

Well the Byakugan was probably the one eye power that didn't get a whole lot of focus in the original series so there's that at least.

In fact, Boruto should use more Hyuga techniques considering that since Naruto is busy with Hokage stuff it makes more sense that Hinata would have handled the majority of his initial training.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 24, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This episode was really, really good.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hinata's dad is good.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hiashi and Hanabi becoming annoyingly happy Grandfather and Aunt is the most amusing thing ever.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I was seriously feeling those bitter pangs of the opening when this episode just completely mocked the eyehax bullshit from Naruto and then that loving amazing Hyuga scene.

Also the Mitsuki running gag pleases me.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, this series has been surprisingly good so far (to the point where I'd almost say this franchise is better off in the hands of the anime writers than it was with Kishimoto). It's still early so there's plently of time for them to screw things up but so far it seems we've avoided another GT at the very least.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Larryb posted:

Yeah, this series has been surprisingly good so far (to the point where I'd almost say this franchise is better off in the hands of the anime writers than it was with Kishimoto). It's still early so there's plently of time for them to screw things up but so far it seems we've avoided another GT at the very least.

I'm wondering if they will pull a Super and make episodes based on the movie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm wondering if they will pull a Super and make episodes based on the movie.

Probably seeing as it's canon to the story and the anime started a little earlier in the timeline. If they do I hope they do what Super did and change things up a little rather than just doing a straight adaption, but we'll see. I'm betting we'll be getting an adaption of the Salad Gaiden and Mitsuki's Origin mangas later on as well.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 25, 2017

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Boruto is extremely twelve years old.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hanabi :allears:

Naruto is so much better when it's dumb ninja kids getting up to dumb Ninja kid poo poo. And not gods destroying poo poo scale.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dexo posted:

Hanabi :allears:

Naruto is so much better when it's dumb ninja kids getting up to dumb Ninja kid poo poo. And not gods destroying poo poo scale.

This is honestly true of most things. Once the stakes keep getting raised it gets really loving boring and stupid.

dumb idiots getting up to dumb things is less dumb than ninja gods doing world ending things

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Being worried about three characters dying is tense. Being worried about three million characters dying is etc etc. I don't mind flashes of world destroying power to show off the artist's imagination, but it should always be about containing worldbreaker power.

Seeing the Hyuga family interactions made me really happy. Boruto admitting afterward he should have had more of the meat and potatoes was just rather sweet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is the worst thing ever.

http://readms.net/r/boruto/013/4321/1

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Sarada looks like some kind of creepy porcelain doll that you find in your grandma's basement after she died.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The entire thing feels like the author wants to gently caress her, which is really really troubling when she's like 7 to 13? i have no idea years old.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The story itself is fine, but whoo boy the art is trash.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The entire thing feels like the author wants to gently caress her, which is really really troubling when she's like 7 to 13? i have no idea years old.

Well her outfit changed from normal person outfit to People's Exhibit A about the same time as the author changed soooooooo

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
At least the anime is still good. This week episode featured Boruto delivering mail.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I Love Annie May posted:

At least the anime is still good. This week episode featured Boruto delivering mail.

Yeah, this is almost a case like Dragon Ball Super where the anime is better than the manga in pretty much every aspect. Of course we're only 10 episodes in at this point so there's still plenty of time for things to go south but it's been surprisingly decent so far (better than Shippuden at the very least).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We seem to be coming down to the end of the first arc of this series now. I'll admit, I didn't really see that twist coming. I swear, Kakashi is the only character in this show that never seems to age, he looks exactly the same in pretty much every season.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Maybe he got Tsunade to teach him anti-wrinkle no jutsu.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

SpazmasterX posted:

Well her outfit changed from normal person outfit to People's Exhibit A about the same time as the author changed soooooooo

i check up on the chapters randomly cuz i did read all of naruto, and one of the recent ones has sarada legitimately next to naked in her room for some reason. its creepy as hell, this author blows

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Suddenly, SHAFT appears.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shaft already appeared.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Boruto's Friendship no Jutsu is already S class.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
I find it hilarious that after all the trouble Boruto and friends went through to find the culprit, the resolution to this story arc involves a giant cover up of Sumire's crimes.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It would be a bit hypocritical for the people who forgave Orochimaru and people from Root to be like oh yeah this child soldier who was brainwashed to do a thing is getting the axe. There is a bit of a weakness in the tone shift from episode to episode, I guess, but oh well.

As bad as we all know this is going to get I thought that was a pretty good opening 14 episodes. I appreciate that Mitsuki and Class Rep both had skills way above Boruto's.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

It would be a bit hypocritical for the people who forgave Orochimaru and people from Root to be like oh yeah this child soldier who was brainwashed to do a thing is getting the axe. There is a bit of a weakness in the tone shift from episode to episode, I guess, but oh well.

As bad as we all know this is going to get I thought that was a pretty good opening 14 episodes. I appreciate that Mitsuki and Class Rep both had skills way above Boruto's.

loving Kabuto is literally running an orphanage in the city.

You know the guy who is literally responsible for the entire back half of the arc by resurrecting the body of Madara. Without him it would have just been Obito, and he would have gotten friendship'd so hard.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Class Rep plugging Mitsuki right between the eyes was great.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dexo posted:

loving Kabuto is literally running an orphanage in the city.

You know the guy who is literally responsible for the entire back half of the arc by resurrecting the body of Madara. Without him it would have just been Obito, and he would have gotten friendship'd so hard.

no one else was going to take care of those orphans, because konoha hates orphans

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

They literally didn't know where she came from and didn't give a gently caress. Some orphan shows up and they're just so eager to child soldier it up. Even in peacetime!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I powered through the available episodes of the anime on the weekend to have something to listen to and... it was actually enjoyable? Like drat, as far as I'm concerned these 14 episodes could have been released as Boruto Gaiden instead of Sarada's Wild Ride and I'd have enjoyed it just as much. Side characters were used competently (Sai of all people got to complete a character arc!), there was actual worldbuilding instead of awkward exposition, and the overall message wasn't thrown out the window for an Uchiha hijack.

The only problem with it is that Boruto feels like a completely different character than the one in the movie. And by that I mean that he's a much better character and I'd be entirely fine with pretending Boruto was just a 14/15 episode series and that dumbass prologue never happened.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

I powered through the available episodes of the anime on the weekend to have something to listen to and... it was actually enjoyable? Like drat, as far as I'm concerned these 14 episodes could have been released as Boruto Gaiden instead of Sarada's Wild Ride and I'd have enjoyed it just as much. Side characters were used competently (Sai of all people got to complete a character arc!), there was actual worldbuilding instead of awkward exposition, and the overall message wasn't thrown out the window for an Uchiha hijack.

The only problem with it is that Boruto feels like a completely different character than the one in the movie. And by that I mean that he's a much better character and I'd be entirely fine with pretending Boruto was just a 14/15 episode series and that dumbass prologue never happened.

It still could as the Boruto series takes place before the movie (at the current time anyway). I kind of hope they don't rehash it in the series like the manga did though (or if they do, change things up enough to make it interesting). Plus, this is just the end of the first arc of the show if the flash forward at the beginning is anything to go by, there's still plenty more to come (plus there's some manga stuff like Sarada Gaiden and Mitsuki's backstory they could use if they wanted).

There's plenty of time for things to start going downhill but I've been enjoying this so far (it's almost on the level of Pre-Shippuden Naruto in fact).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm not sure why I started watching this but I did, and in episode 4 I heard the voices of Mami and Tomomi from SCANDAL as random background characters

I dont know anything about this series, I barely made it into Shipuden but I recognize the parents of most of the kids. Is the manga running along side this series roughly the same? It looks like it's coming out once a month only which makes me truly afraid this series is going to go into filler hell before it even hits episode 30