Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

McCloud posted:

Spoilers and raws and translations are out

The Uchiha can't catch a break, huh

even the 10 tails knows that Code is a clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Props to Code for always choosing to be the biggest jerk possible.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Somebody mind posting a link to the fan translation?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Larryb posted:

Somebody mind posting a link to the fan translation?

I gotcha.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And now the official version is out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-two-blue-vortex-chapter-4/chapter/40879?action=read

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
god i feel so bad for code. he just got finished getting clowned on by boruto and now the ten tails is taking his gig. they even took his powerset :-(

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That was pretty good. Also lol at Code deciding to just peace out.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ch 5: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019694

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This makes sense. Amado is a scientist and him addition to recognizing his own work, part of his literal job is to question things.

Also good to see how Sasuke ended up this way.

I’m pretty stoked. It was a cool chapter.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah I think Boruto's chapter writing has been pretty good the past year. My only minor gripe right now are with the new villains. Unless I'm mistaken, they came with almost zero foreshadowing and are pretty boring in design. We've gone from the otsutsuki to whatever Code and Eida are to these Divine Tree people and the latest crew feels like more of the same with a fresh coat of paint. I wish they went a little more out there with their designs and maybe integrated their buildup and creation a bit more into the stakes between Bort, Code and Konoha.

It's mostly fine for what it is, but it feels a bit rushed to me. Overall plot pacing aside, this was a good chapter and the ending was pretty heart warming

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Still no news on the Naruto specials and/or the Boruto anime’s return I assume?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It's never a good sign when an already bloated cast drops another half dozen characters on us, but i'm admittedly intrigued by where they're going with it.

The real stars of this chapter are Amado and Divine Bug. Never woulda imagined one of the most compelling naruto characters would be a chain smoking old man, but he brings that old school strategic thinking that made early naruto so fun. Divine Bug getting a reaction out of Eida is just a really good way to establish him as a threat, though in the end i hope all the divine trees take a backseat to Boruto's and Kawaki's much more compelling beef

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

This is probably my favourite page from Boruto so far. I'm not even interested in the shipping for these characters but the wordless realization from Sumire that she's not the one is so good.

Also love this spread. I agree that we don't need more new named characters but seeing Eida actually get scared and try to play it off is a great moment.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Chapter time:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-two-blue-vortex-chapter-6/chapter/41279?action=read

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Boy there is something that oddly adds realism to the comic about ninja child soldiers that the oldest people in charge are worried on how things would affect their fiscal budget.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat, can't believe those jerks are still around.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Aww yes. Shikamaru stays winning, good use of him.

I can’t wait to see Mitsuki cut loose and him using snakes like Boruto using toads is nice.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How the hell are those two elders still alive?

Seems like Shikamaru’s already started to figure out what’s going on as well (which is about par for the course for him honestly), also post timeskip Mitsuki looks cool

Still no anime news as of late I assume (be it the main show’s return or when they’re finally going to release those Naruto specials)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 18, 2024

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Mitsuki with the sage mode with the snakes is very loving cool.

Uhh I feel like maybe Boruto is out doing its originator? This second part has been straight fire so far and the first half in retrospect actually did cool world building thats paying off here.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Larryb posted:

How the hell are those two elders still alive?

Seems like Shikamaru’s already started to figure out what’s going on as well (which is about par for the course for him honestly), also post timeskip Mitsuki looks cool

Still no anime news as of late I assume (be it the main show’s return or when they’re finally going to release those Naruto specials)?

The Elders were actually only like 45 during Naruto, They just aged really ungracefully

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Mitsuki with the sage mode with the snakes is very loving cool.

Uhh I feel like maybe Boruto is out doing its originator? This second part has been straight fire so far and the first half in retrospect actually did cool world building thats paying off here.

If we get some really good Sarada stuff I'd sign off on that.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Boruto's already outpaced naruto in my eyes, the character dynamics are so much better and it's way more interesting to see characters try and out think each other than hit them with the biggest rasengan you can think of. and they still do that sometimes!

i like how kawaki's kokoro wish starts falling apart the second boruto shows back up. maybe if he wasn't such a petulant dick 24/7 the ruse woulda lasted longer.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hmm...I think that's intentional by Kawaki though. He doesn't plan on keeping this life. He just needs it to hold together until he has killed all the aliens. Three years later, Kawaki still despises himself.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hypocrisy posted:

Hmm...I think that's intentional by Kawaki though. He doesn't plan on keeping this life. He just needs it to hold together until he has killed all the aliens. Three years later, Kawaki still despises himself.

It does represent his genuine feelings, though. That's what Eida "read" when her ability was used. He may tell himself that it's all about killing the Otsutsuki, but that's bullshit - he genuinely wanted to be in Boruto's shoes.

It's part of what makes the whole situation interesting and compelling IMO.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Boruto after timeskip is as good as Naruto before the timeskip, absolutely wild.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Boruto after timeskip is as good as Naruto before the timeskip, absolutely wild.

Needs more synth and guitarmony in the anime.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, last I checked it’s looking like the Boruto anime might not be back this year either (still no word on the Naruto specials either as far as I know)

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Spoilers, raw and translation are all out

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Got a link to the fan translation? Viz is saying 3 more days for the official one

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 18, 2024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Larryb posted:

Got a link to the fan translation? Viz is saying 3 more days for the official one

Links on the Bort reddit

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Yeesh, given the quality of the translation, the plethora of watermarks, and the bothersome nature of where the scans are hosted, probably easier to just wait for the official release

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Yeesh, given the quality of the translation, the plethora of watermarks, and the bothersome nature of where the scans are hosted, probably easier to just wait for the official release

It’s also missing dialogue in at least one panel so yeah, I think I’ll continue sticking with the official release

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vinylshadow posted:

It's like Mangapanda never left

Caros
May 14, 2008

One cute touch from the spoilers:

Apparently this isn't the first time Shikamaru figured it out. The ability keeps rewriting memories actively, so even if you realize you are being messed with, you lose the memory of that over time.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Caros posted:

One cute touch from the spoilers:

Apparently this isn't the first time Shikamaru figured it out. The ability keeps rewriting memories actively, so even if you realize you are being messed with, you lose the memory of that over time.

Technically this was touched on when the spell was first placed and Sasuke mentioned how every moment he felt more convinced that Burrito was bad and Kawaki was Uzumaki. He just decided to cling to his love of Sarada.
Though we didn’t know it was still working even now.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Imagine being Sasuke though, waking up every day and going "Great, this rear end in a top hat again" for three years straight.

Then again, he spent three years under Orochimaru, so...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sasuke loves his family? Huge if true.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sasuke loves his family so much he looked inside of himself deep enough and realized it'd be best for all involved for him to never be around to gently caress things up.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Sasuke turning into best dad ever was pretty good and natural direction to take him in. Figures the guy who was obsessed with family would defy reality itself for his daughters sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The anime may be delayed until 2027/8

Pierrot wants to put out higher-quality content, and is switching from weekly to seasonal releases

Well...at least there'll be a nice backlog of chapters to adapt by then
Downside being there won't be as many developmental episodes - say what you want about the first "part" of Boruto, it was still nice to get episodes about other characters and villages now and again

And no Larry, still nothing about the special Naruto episodes

Also some new art

https://twitter.com/charaani/status/1759525781729141116