Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheHan posted:

naruto may have ended the cycle of violence but he is another victim to the cycle of parental neglect.

To be fair, he’s currently trapped in another dimension alongside his wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Somebody mind posting a link to the fan translation?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And now the official version is out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-two-blue-vortex-chapter-4/chapter/40879?action=read

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Still no news on the Naruto specials and/or the Boruto anime’s return I assume?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Chapter time:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-two-blue-vortex-chapter-6/chapter/41279?action=read

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How the hell are those two elders still alive?

Seems like Shikamaru’s already started to figure out what’s going on as well (which is about par for the course for him honestly), also post timeskip Mitsuki looks cool

Still no anime news as of late I assume (be it the main show’s return or when they’re finally going to release those Naruto specials)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 18, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, last I checked it’s looking like the Boruto anime might not be back this year either (still no word on the Naruto specials either as far as I know)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Got a link to the fan translation? Viz is saying 3 more days for the official one

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 18, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Yeesh, given the quality of the translation, the plethora of watermarks, and the bothersome nature of where the scans are hosted, probably easier to just wait for the official release

It’s also missing dialogue in at least one panel so yeah, I think I’ll continue sticking with the official release

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That’s a long way off but I at least appreciate them taking the time to deliver a quality product (I assume the same goes for the specials since they were originally supposed to be out last year if I remember right). Plus as you said this way there will be a decent sized backlog waiting for them when the anime returns.

I still hope we continue to get some exclusive content however since in Boruto’s case a lot of it was better than the manga in my opinion (Himawari especially got some decent development there)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 19, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The official chapter’s out now: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019999

Seems Mitsuki’s starting to come around a bit and this isn’t the first time Shikamaru’s figured out something was wrong with this whole scenario.

Also Boruto once again shows he’s more like his dad than he cares to admit (Kawaki is basically the Sasuke of this series after all) and Shikamaru and Ino now know that Naruto’s still alive.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

McCloud posted:

I think Boruto takes more after his teacher. Boruto doesn't care about clearing his name or that he's hated and hunted, he's more concerned with protecting the village and his friends.

I was more referring to the fact he didn’t want to kill Kawaki despite everything. But yeah, fair point

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Still kind of curious how Konoha is ultimately going to end up in ruins by the time we reach the showdown from the prologue though (and how far off we are from catching up to that by this point)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-two-blue-vortex-chapter-8/chapter/41903?action=read

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good chapter, wonder if we'll finally get to see Himawari in action next time

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Chapter time:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-two-blue-vortex-chapter-9/chapter/42311?action=read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Jogan ("Pure Eye")

Able to perceive and track chakra and see through dimensional barriers, which I guess lets him see Kawaki's Sukunahikona (shrinking objects down and enlarging them later) and Daikokuten (storing said onjects in another dimension for later use)

can also be used despite the damage to his eye, unlike the destruction of a sharingan, byakugan or rinnegan

I forget, is that the same eye he had during the first arc of the anime (which is at least semi canon) that let him see the people Nue’s chakra possessed?