Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I can see Kashin being related to Jiraiya, being a son or younger clone or something. But I don't imagine he is Jiraiya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schubalts posted:

We saw him do it before, when he instantly replaced the destroyed dining room table and food. It's still a lot less bullshit than the Sharingan and Rinnegan, because it's easily countered if you know how it works.

Also it's just an extension of his normal power.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Isn't that exactly the same power Obito had, just with the shrinking on top?

It's a bit stronger. He can shrink objects into a Hammerspace then bring them out instantly and revert them. And we already know that his powers don't really work on living things. So it's pretty much just a power that lets him teleport attacks on top of people.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKirbs posted:

I do love they show how useless shuriken still are when Issiki throws them back the only resonse to all 3 hitting (one in the face) is an "Ow!" and the guy being fine next panel.

What there were two guys.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yup, hence no human sacrifices required, just thousands of Zetsu clones.

That's what Orochimaru used to bring back the Hokage and get a new body. Kabuto actually used people he kidnapped.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Chapter's out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-53/chapter/21626?action=read

Welp, wasn't expecting that at least (though I forget when exactly did he have time to infect Boruto?)

That's Momoshiki not Isshiki

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Along with being a shortcut requiring nothing from the user, the main reason Naruto banned them was because not everyone had access to them. He felt it would be unfair to the other Villages. They could become legal in the future, but felt they were too new to be use that year.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's not that power creepy. Jigan was impressive but not that impressive. It was Isshiki who was the scary big strong threat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shneak posted:

"poo poo, we need to make this next villain stronger than the shrinking alien. What do we do?"

"I know, give him belt powers."

He’s not as strong as Isshiki. He was stronger then Jigan.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth TNT posted:

My problem with the power creep isn’t that it’s there. It’s how it’s handled in this particular case.

Usually it grows fairly organically. Predictable but logical.
They encounter someone (Ao) barely beat him but he spills the beans on his reasons and superiors.
Delta shows up is an inner and is a clear step up.
Jigen himself shows up and shows why he’s boss.
They encounter another flunky who is annoying and strong, but clearly not Jigen level. He’s barely defeated by team 7.
Jigen shows up again and he isn’t beaten, but he is killed by running out his timer.
This is all completely logical.

Jigen was killed by Koji, Isshiki was beaten by running his timer out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I assumed Kawaki was older.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We already are getting more of Boro's cult which is still good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth TNT posted:

Chapter was fine. Finally a lot appears to be happening. Also how the heck did Code get those zippers inside?

Laughing out loud at Code’s walkietalkie

He blended it with a tree.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth TNT posted:

You know it still feels so weird that they have Orochimaru still around.
And I don't mean his pardon or the fact that with Naruto depowered he's like the 5th strongest guy in the world. But look at the whole Amado and possession thing. They're taking everything he says for truth when they have a guy running around who can literally clone and "perfect" people with expert knowledge on Chakra, blood, cells, hereditary powers and diseases but no one thinks to ask if he knows anything. Why not have him do some research, as long as he promises not to cut open any babies this time.

I think it's because he does not live in the Leaf Village and because they don't really like him very much.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth TNT posted:

They know exactly where he is and they know he has a laboratory.

Yes they know where his lab is, but he does not live in the leaf village. Though Orochimaru is perfectly capable of going dark and vanishing when it suits him, as he has done a few times in the series. Then just showing back up and saying hey.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wonder which of the 5 kids will become Chunin as of the anime.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Since I don’t think the manga mentions anyone on Boruto’s team being a Chunin I’m guessing one of the anime exclusive characters (but if one of them does it’s likely gonna be Sarada and/or Mitsuki, though the thought of Boruto technically outranking his dad is funny at least).

Their ranks have not come up in the manga, but they could easily be one.

Also I made a mistake in wording there are 10 kids and 5 Chunin slots. They are going to pair off and the winner of the fight becomes a Chunin. So 5 of them will be Chunin.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 27, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

I forget, when was it revealed that Delta was an android (or whatever she’s supposed to be since Shikamaru mentioned “reprogramming” her?

Her first fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Lots of death in that anime arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKirbs posted:

Her existence is kind of problematic what with the programing her to serve Konoha while leaving her mind intact enough to dislike it

She’s a robot or whatever.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vinylshadow posted:

She's a full cyborg whose mind gets uploaded into a new body when it gets destroyed

In the anime, Amado destroyed her spare bodies so no one else could use her, and then built a new body for her in Konoha

Should note not even her brain is organic. She has drones that can digitally store her consciousness and upload it into new bodies. I can’t really call her human.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hypocrisy posted:

Well, I guess that 8? year old with a bowl cut is the strongest Naruto character now.

I decided to go back and check to see how much of a retcon this is for how Daemon's power works. The only really suspect one is when that random cyborg chopped his own head off. The other times you can more or less see where Daemon is touching or grabbing someone.

Remember Jigan is not as strong as Isshiki.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vinylshadow posted:

Loved how they build up Araumi as this BAMF with super-de-duper water powers and he goes out like an utter chump almost offscreen

At least Ikada's water dragon looked gorgeous

Can only do so much being sneak attacked.

Still it feels a bit odd to have him just killed like that, Like I hope Ikada reacts to his death cause it would awkward for it to just be ignored. Also kind of making the message kind of messy where after you make peace one of your allies suddenly murders one of the holdouts.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

rndmnmbr posted:

I will make the bold statement that Episode 65 was a mistake. In a series focused on the newer generation, it brought back the two biggest hitters of the previous show and turned them loose at full power. It made for a great episode and a fun spectacle, but it permanently altered the power curve - all of a sudden, we're at Shippuden end-game rear end-pull power levels again, and every time Boruto escalates, it escalates from full power Naruto and Sasuke instead of from Boruto and friends. Which means they had to keep dragging Naruto and Sasuke back in, and then with Isshiki - not even the final boss - shows up they've reached the level of permanently crippling Naruto and Sasuke to meet the power levels. Halfway through the series.

They should have waited. Let Boruto handle Momoshiki, let Boruto and Kawaki solo Isshiki, kept the power curve low enough that Naruto and Sasuke could be occasional seasoning. Then at the end, when there's no more story to tell, is when they should have broken out Baryon Mode and Sasuke with the full Rinnegan powerset. One last blaze of glory, beside Boruto, not supplanting him.

Isshiki is still the most powerful antagonist, and after his defeat Naruto and Sasuke both got greatly permanently weakened.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, I love that someone actually thought of a (mostly) airtight defense against genjutsu. I hope it gets resolved by Sakura smashing his eyes

It depends on the type there are sound based Genjutsu too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

Going by the last chapter Sarada might have some part to play soon, god willing it isn't as a woman for Ada to get jealous about.

If Ada realizes Sarada is also immune to her charm and the two start a healthy and loving relationship? that's cool tho

We don't know that she's immune. She said like Shikamaru she did not get a clear look at her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

rndmnmbr posted:

There's nothing technical stopping two Mangekyo users from swapping eyes for EMS, but it breaks the theme of the Sharingan - ever increasing power in exchange for ever increasing hatred. The theme demands an Uchiha to be so lost in hatred that murdering their own brother to steal their eyes is a thing that happens.

The eyes are merged, so one of them has to be blind.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have actully been quite fond of the Otsutsuki's lore so I quite liked this chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is the first time it’s been Revealed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Were there any hints prior to this at least?

There were hints and Amado did say he had a daughter in the past.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They do.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kawaki turn was actually kind of very sudden. Yet I feel it works.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Sort of curious how they inevitably make it out and what prompts Kawaki to go full scorched earth on the Leaf like we saw at the beginning of the series

Do we know if he actually did? A lot of that stuff seems misleading now, like how he did not kill Naruto.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dexo posted:

He never specifically said he killed Naruto.

I know, that’s why I said a lot of that stuff is misleading. Like we don’t know if he’s actually trying to destroy the leaf or not.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

a.lo posted:

couldn't they just head to naruto's home and look at family portraits

I am going to bet they see Boruto as Kawaki in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caros posted:

It's very similar to her attraction power. People not near her recognize that her power is profoundly messed up but it just overrides their will when they are near her.

Nah proximity does not matter in this case.