Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hey, this means the anime staff can do poo poo like the Iron Naruto mech but keep it canon and be important for when the big story beats happen. I'm alright with trying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Is that a framed picture of ninja beyblades?!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Larryb posted:

Well at least they're sticking with her original design rather than what she looks like in the current manga so that's good at least. Hope she gets handled well enough but I'm not holding my breath. By the way, how much involvement does Kishimoto actually have in this series (or, to go back to the Dragon Ball analogy, are we looking at a potential GT or a Super)?

Actually, from the one frame in the PV, she seems to be wearing the manga's outfit, just streamlined for animation.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Boruto also has his special borutogan from the getgo. I'm gonna finish this episode, the setting is really interesting, but I think i'll bail out while I can.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Shneak posted:

Boruto launching a train car into the Hokage Monument to get to class on time was better than anything in the entire war arc.

That poo poo almost makes me want to keep watching future eps.

There's some really cute and good stuff, but there's a ton of flags already telling us it'll get to Shippuden's big dumb escalation boringness really quickly. You got the stupid edgelord open, Boruto's Borutogan and the OST's only way of going into action is with heavy rock that feels out of place for the child action because it'll likely fit when gods are fighting or whatever.

It just hit me that they're totally going to spread the Ninja Academy into a whole 26 episode thing, and then do a second OP for the third cour that features Sasuke because they'll adapt Scarlet Spring. In six months and some change we'll get Sasuke about to stab his daughter.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 6, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I thin it lasted two. There was something of that plant guy turning into other people and a hilarious Neji thing that lasted for a night. And then on the third day it was Naruto's birthday.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This episode was really, really good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Boruto is simply within Hiashi's master plan.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, Boruto's kid with Salad will have the Rinnengan+Borutogan, extra good sealing and massive chakra reserves.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dexo posted:

man kakashi's a dick, also Konohamaru's a scrub.

Do remember that Shino got taken down Singlehandedly by Mitsuki.

Decided to go back and see the Salad Gaiden episodes.
1) That ED was excellent
2) It was amazing to relive the hype of "Sakura's life is MISERY"
3) I saw it with my girlfriend and she said "He's going to ask who she is!" when Sasuke and Salad were about to meet, only to scream when he pulls a goddamned sword on her instead.

What a good story that was :3: Suigetsu's DNA Test is joy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Not entirely true, Oro was allowed to go to the Parent-Teacher Conference (in disguise).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Naruto is aware of how important it is to have someone be there for you at family events.

Then why didn't he go to the parent-teacher conference???

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think, on top of it being a good set up for the story, you gotta consider that Naruto can't possibly be a 9am to 9pm Ninja President *and* a 24/7 father. Shadow Clones aren't infinite stamina, and both roles are a massive burden. He's already shown to be constantly burnt out with being Hokage, which is the job he has to do, so i'm guessing it's more of a failing to find the right balance of sending out clones to spread himself all the time, and not being able to afford messing up with clones in the office.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My favorite is Naruto trying not to lose it in front of the children when Suigetsu says the DNA tests came out positive for Sasuke cheating on his wife.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Umbreon posted:

Oh come the gently caress on. Did Kishi seriously think everyone wouldn't rabidly be wondering who was actually crazy enough to bang Rock Lee the moment they saw he had a kid?

They can't guess correctly if there's no answer.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The discussion on whether the glove thing is good or bad boils to two things:
A) Is Boruto in the wrong? Yes, he is cheating by using an extra magic thing that nobody else can use.
B) Should the glove be allowed? Possibly. I'm still on Naruto's side that the Chunnin Exam shouldn't be the beta test site for a weapon that can shoot every jutsu ever. It can deffo be a cool tool to be used and should be slowly integrated into the ninja world.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It was a ninja test. Boruto failed because he got caught.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Reminder that Sasuke isnt in jail bc the only being in existence who could stop him just wants to hang out with him. These two are literally gods amongst men and comically lovely dads.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Grandpa Hiashi just wants an genetic cocktail out of his favorite grandson, of Oro can throw in some more good genes and a special eye or four into Mitsuki then im sure he'll be happy for them. Man, Hiashi's masterplan is going beyond expectations, the Borutogan seems on par with rinnengan for detection rolls.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Larryb posted:

Also for some reason there were two episodes today instead of one, not that I'm complaining.

Pokemon is on break until the switch to Sunday these two shows will have, so maybe they decided to jump on that open slot this week.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That ninja tool guy should make him a sick-rear end robot arm that's also a smartphone so he can be forced to interact with his family more than once every few months.

Gimme an episode where he's trying to figure out ninjatwitter.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Naruto dabs to connect with Boruto. Sasuke will not allow Naruto to one-up him yet again and unleashes the Mangekyo Sharingan to copy Naruto's dabbing technique. Probably uses his sword to fulfill the dab.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Of course Naruto makes all the firemen wear his shippuden pants

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Got curious at this Kakashi, Guy and Mirai thing so I watched the last two episodes. Delightful stuff, Kakashi and Guy are the best couple.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hm. If a shadow clone poops and Naruto calls him back in, does the original still need to poop?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The next arc in the anime is Boruto and Sasuke traveling to pre-shippuden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq02Q0rhBlU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ended up watching the recent episodes. 127 is Boruto and Sarada on a quest to buy Make-Out Tactics since Jiraiya wrote that book and they want to learn about him. 128 kicks off the arc proper, so i skipped 'till near the end and saw Boruto and Sasuke get transported and realize when they are.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Umbreon posted:

I loving knew it.

I hope this is some kind of multiverse timeline because if not, the amount of things that just got possibly erased in the future are terrifying

I want them to come back and everything's slightly different and Jiraiya is still around.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's like that arc where Spidey has to test out a prison filled with his super villains, only instead of him getting egged on my JJJ to do it, it's the equivalent of Uncle Ben going "do it for your allowance."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sasuke "cheating" on Sakura and/or attempting to stab Sarada was definitely the most hyped I ever got about Naruto.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I kinda dig the whole data decompression thing. I am loving floored that it's NOT what Jigen's up to, and, in fact, Jigen's deal is that spongebob episode where Plankton takes over Spongebob's brain to try and steal the krabby patty. Like the panel showing the parasite aspect looks like that episode.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hiashi's master plan is so canon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Its so cliche and yet i am big excite for that power up

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

And the fandom looked at each other uncomfortably, unsure whether to celebrate or rage.

So does that mean the current guy will just be doing the "art"?

So, the guy being replaced, Ukyo Kodachi, just did the writing. Mikyo Ikemoto is the artist and will continue to be.

Honestly, I'm super ready for Boruto to go down in quality from this lol. Like I'm sure the overall goals for the story will stay the same, but it'll end up feeling less interesting than it has for this last year.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Give me more episodes where Sakura gets drunk with Ino (and Hinata drinks tea and judges them) because she can't believe Sasuke is actually training Sarada to be an edgelord and doesn't see the red flags of her saying how she needs more power.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This might be me overanalysing, but I think there's a fair dive in quality in this chapter. Kurama's boxer and nuclear fusion analogies took me out of things for a sec, and in previous chapters the office segments were helping build tension with how they were cut inbetween battle pages, while this time there's just the one bit there right before the arm stuff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, I think Kurama and the Rinengan eventually come back, but for the next several years (both IRL and in manga) we're dealing with like start-of-great-war power levels for Naruto and Sasuke. Which is still high, but no longer Literally loving Gods. I like that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Boruto will bust out the sexy jutsu and somehow save the day

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Decided to read this latest chapter, mostly because I heard that Sarada unlocked the Mangekyo. That was pretty lame seeing her do so halfway through the chapter just to ask Sasuke to take care of Boruto, and then she gets like three or four panels because everything else is setting up the timeskip.

I miss the old writer. The concepts here are pretty cool but the dialogue is soooo exposition-y and then Sasuke spells out how this is mirroring Naruto and Sasuke like every other character in Naruto Shippuden was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

It’s going to be the secret unnamed Jutsu he kept threatening to use but ultimately never did.

That jutsu's name? The sensual jutsu.