Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Larryb posted:

Yeah, this series has been surprisingly good so far (to the point where I'd almost say this franchise is better off in the hands of the anime writers than it was with Kishimoto). It's still early so there's plently of time for them to screw things up but so far it seems we've avoided another GT at the very least.

I'm wondering if they will pull a Super and make episodes based on the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Silver2195 posted:

Didn't some of the Uchihas not have Sharingan at all? Plus Shisui was already dead, and Itachi's parents and girlfriend sort of accepted their fates.

Wait, Itachi's girlfriend was a cousin of his?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Darth TNT posted:

Who could've seen this coming. A giant gatling gun was used for shooting. Oddly, it shoots chakra, seems like loading kunai would've been a better idea...or you know bullets.

With chakra you don't have to worry about lugging ammo around or running out of it. Granted you'd need to be careful of how much chakra you're using, but as an expert ninja Ao can probably control the amount he puts in.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Larryb posted:

I swear, this show is basically the Anti-Dragon Ball GT with the anime writers seeming to have a better handle on the characters than Kishimoto did. It's leagues better than Shippuden at the very least.

The show might even be the Anti-Dragon Ball Super with how it adapts the movie.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm still surprised Boruto is going to air on Toonami. It's like Dragon Ball Super in a way.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Aren't White Zetsu's clones of the first Hokage?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, for anyone that's following the English version is there a particular reason why the Shippuden dub seems to be stalled at the moment but they went ahead and started on Boruto anyway?

The Shippuden dub is complete; they are releasing the last bunch of episodes soon.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Larryb posted:

Ah ok, checking again the most recent batch came out last week (we’re currently at 486 out of 500). Why is it they went ahead and started on Boruto first then? Though then again, they’ve already gotten through the manga portion of the story already and the last chunk of the series is just a bunch of light novel adaptions so I guess it doesn’t matter too terribly much.

Speaking of which, how is the Boruto dub so far? Also, does it refer to the main characters as Boruto and Sarada or Bolt and Salad?
The dub is okay. The older voices of characters from Shippuden are hit or miss. The main characters are named Boruto and Sarada.

Dexo posted:

My guess is to keep Naruto relevant while they reair the reruns of Shippuden

I bet when they get to the new episodes to finish shippuden off they move Bort to reruns or move another show to put Shippuden in a better timeslot to finish the show.
I highly doubt Shippuden will ever be in the spotlight on Toonami again.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Wasn't Pain an Uzumaki too?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, not sure why it took so long but they finally finished dubbing the rest of Shippuden fairly recently.

Speaking of dubs, who voices Sarada in the English version of Boruto? She sounds really familiar to me.

It's Cherami Leigh, and it's easy enough to look up.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Zore posted:

Did Naruto have any students before he became Hokage?

Like there's about a decade where he could have between the end of Shippuden and when he becomes Hokage right?

Konohamaru and his friends.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Clearly Jiraiya fell through a wormhole at the bottom of the ocean that the Old Ones use to go between worlds and, yadda yadda yadda, zombie Jiraiya.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Wasn't Pain an Uzumaki?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Who drew this? What other work did they do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Wait, Kishimoto wasn't writing this thing this whole time? I thought it was him on story and someone else doing the art.