Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I don't remember it needing to be a Sarutobi leading the Ino-Shika-Cho. Asuma was in charge of Team 10 for other reasons from what I remember.

Besides Konohamaru leading the son of his "teacher" is what both he and Naruto would want, and Naruto is Hokage and thus final say in team compositions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

On the note of Gai and Lee it's entirely possible that Lee is an Orochimaru experiment, given he was pretty heavily into the weird cloning bullshit even then.

On a lighter note I agree with everything said about adult Naruto, and Boruto in general being pretty good. Although the absurd power levels are never going to not be silly and bad to me.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

since they have clans presumably they adopt spouses into them. granted, we never actually saw more than a single family for most of these supposed clans, but w/e. they weren't terribly important.

I think the Uchiha and Inuzuka have been shown to be multiple families, but I don't think we've seen any of the others as multiple families besides the Hyuuga who have their own thing going on.

The Uchiha had an entire district/neighborhood though, so they have to have been a fairly sizable number of families living in one spot.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Especially because against some people it’s probably more effective.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I'm assuming the reason nobody bothers with Hidan's Immortality is because he's the only known practitioner of his religion and could you imagine actually asking him how he did it. Especially if it's legitimately from his god and so you'd have to actually join the religion and act like he does. Also Akatsuki, even with the extended backstory we later discover, are still a pretty cool collection of villains marred by an incredibly stupid meta-plot.

I think it was in fact pointed out at one point that Hidan and Kakuzu are stuck together because they kept killing their previous partners, and whilst Hidan isn't particularly capable on his own he's an insanely useful trump card if you can get him to pay attention. I don't think there's a character shown who could actually survive his mutual damage gimmick if he didn't gently caress around.

Heck, I think one of the games has a fantastic tag team Jutsu for Hidan and Kakuzu which basically amounts to Hidan getting off the ritual and Kakuzu hitting Hidan with everything he has. Which is arguably why they're partnered in the end, they can't hurt/damage one another too much and neither is really good at the whole no collateral damage thing.

I can see plenty of uses for both, it's just like most of the Akatsuki Partnerships they are theoretically great together but in practice can't work together long enough to save their own lives. In contrast to Kisame and Itachi who are in fact successful as partners.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Dec 11, 2017

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

That Hiashi Master Plan always reminds me of my dumb theory from before the movie with the Moon People happened. Which is that the Uzumaki were to the Hyuuga as the Senju were to the Uchiha, it's just instead of fighting they went their separate ways.

Then the movie with the Moon People happened, and I felt despair.

It kind of made sense in my head too, the Senju and Uzumaki are both noted for having exceptional bodies/Chakras, whilst the Uchiha and Hyuuga of course have their Eyes.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 12, 2017

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yeah, Byakugan is actually super useful all the time, where as Sharingan is all stuff that's useful in specific situations and generally at great personal cost.

I remember my theory being that the way it sort of works is that the Uchiha have the eyes/mind of Demons (Illusion powers/stealing stuff from others), the Senju had Sagely bodies (Good Nature Release and long lives), thus in reverse the Hyuuga had Sagely eyes (True-sight and can see Chakra of everything), and the Uzumaki had demonic bodies (Naturally good Jinchuruuki and sealing/charka stuff besides nature release).

This even sort of leads into why the Senju and Uzumaki don't have bloodlines in the traditional way, they instead have different manifestations of having Sagely/Demonic Chakra. Hence the First was a wood user but none of his children/relatives were, they would've had something else. But both are equally long-lived because they have Inhuman Chakra to keep them alive and healthy longer.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Orochimaru's Immortality always worked, he just needed new host bodies every now and then if the current one got hosed up from memory. When nobody is trying to kill him and he's been resurrected by weird bullshit his immortality probably got a hell of a kick. Also without him I think the Fourth Ninja War was flat out unwinnable?

In any case he's still under total house arrest and not allowed to leave or do anything besides live in his lab and do experiments that he already has set up, he can't even find new victims he has to hope they come to him.

Honestly there's also some really interesting stuff about how even though the Sannin and Team 7 are generally considered very similar a lot of stuff is mixed up. Tsunade and Sasuke were both the Scions of a founding clan with a poo poo-ton of pressure on them from outside forces who get primarily hurt by death of their families. Orochimaru and Naruto are both outcast orphans for the situations around their birth and treated like monsters whilst having superficial physical similarities to an animal. Jiraiya and Sakura are both from civilian families looking to improve their standing among the village who end up watching their team-mates fall apart without really knowing how to stop it.

It's actually really interesting that even with the superficial similarities the actual backstories match up shockingly well for one they don't get trained by.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Dec 16, 2017

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Not entirely true, Oro was allowed to go to the Parent-Teacher Conference (in disguise).

Naruto is aware of how important it is to have someone be there for you at family events.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Flytrap posted:

Well so far his biggest obstacle seems to be himself. He's naturally talented but just doesn't care and has 0 drive or ambition. Kakashi calls him out on it in the latest episode, saying that while he may already be at Chonin level, he's still just kind of a listless rear end in a top hat. He asks why he even wants to be a ninja and Boruto just...doesn't have an answer.

Which I think works both to contrast him with Naruto, who had an extremely rock solid answer for that question, and the current society. Ninja are as unnecessary as they've ever been, sure they still go out and fight bandits and such but in this time of peace between all nations a lot of the pressure to have a force of Ninja should war break out has fallen to the wayside and so now people who would be pushed into it for natural talent are being left to their own devices.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yinlock posted:

neither is eyes that shoot fireballs or being a living bug swarm or whatever

hard work is a joke in the leaf village, whoever has the best genes wins

the magical bracers would give the plebs a chance and we can't have that

To be fair, the living bug swarm thing actually requires practice and training and a lot of personal sacrifice from what we understand. They aren't born like that, they have to specifically become a living bug hive from an early life and cultivate their swarm for their entire lives or be useless. It's like the Inuzuka dogs where sure, they're clan based, but they still need to train and practice and learn to work with their ninja dogs or they're useless. The eyes are probably the only bullshit, and even then it's just the Sharingan and variants because they actually do just outright give you cool powers no extra work required. Whereas the Byakugan on it's own just gives you cool sight, using it effectively in a fight still requires a poo poo-ton of training.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The base Sharingan also lets you perfectly copy Jutsu/movement after a single look so long as you are capable of making the movements.

It’s technically less powerful than the Byakugan but Kakashi knowing 1000 jutsu is because of it, which makes it more versatile if you can see the enough jutsu.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

dudermcbrohan posted:

also like the most powerful sharingan techniques (izanagi, izanami) cost the whole eye so while they’re still mild BS there’s still some sense of balance

Eternal Mangyeko fixes this as far as I remember, it's just that nobody with Izanagi and Izanami ever got an eternal Mangyeko.

Also Kakashi only ever using 5 is a failing of the narrative and the series as a whole, because Kakashi as this laid-back dude who in a fight has a different answer for every situation is actually a great character idea for making interesting fights that aren't just bigger Rasengan or more dangerous Chidori/Raikiri, or whatever the latest busted thing is.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

kakashi as a versatile and tricky opponent would only work if he had more stamina than an asthmatic 10 year old. he only lasts for like 5 minutes, max, so he always had to go for the big one-shot move.

To be fair this is because he has a poor interaction with his implanted Sharingan, as he actually can't turn it off so unless he keeps it covered it just drains chakra really fast, and I guess he can't repeat copied moves without having it uncovered at which point he's already being serious so why not use his big ender moves.

Again though I think it's a shame Kakashi didn't end up being this very competent jutsu master who always has the best, or at least an, option for any situation and that's why he's so dangerous. Whereas Gai is dangerous because he has mastered one specific thing to the point that he is the best there ever was at it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Mymla posted:

I think I saw one of the first naruto movies, and I refuse to believe even a single one of them is a hit.

The Two I watched ended up being okay, but whether that's me being stupid and young or them actually holding up I could not say. I recall liking Princess in the Land of Snow and Power of Gelel. At least I think that's the names.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

i still don't see why he can't use clones to do paperwork

Because it would be "worse" for a Clone to pop at work than at home, arguably. The real problem is he's poo poo at delegation and does all the paperwork himself instead of trusting it to Iruka/Shikamaru etc. The actual amount of paperwork Naruto is vital for is a lot smaller if he has people he trusts to go over most of it for him.

Naruto is bad at managing his own time effectively, news at 11.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Field promotions and probationary promotions still exist I’m pretty sure, it might be specifically only one per village for the Chuunin exams because they’re also a peace measure and a show as much as they’re about testing Genin skills.

Chuunin are expected to be capable of leading their own squads, and Genin are only grouped with a Jonin for a limited tikis I believe.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

rndmnmbr posted:

I believe he stated explicitly his failure to add a change of chakra nature to the rasengan is what led him to create chidori, which later Minato himself warned Kakashi it wasn't a complete jutsu.

Chidori/Raikiri is kind of an imperfect version of stuff like the Wind-Style Rasenshuriken, or Boruto's Lightning Style Vanishing Rasengan (more relevant). However Kakashi is creating it, he's not keeping the proper amount of rotation for the Rasengan as he adds in Lightning Chakra, which creates the loud chaotic sparking hand blade he uses.

Technically if Kakashi had worked on it long enough he probably could've discovered the Vanishing Rasengan, or properly added the shape manipulation to the nature manipulation and ended up with like, a piercing spiral rasengan that has far more single directional cutting power at the cost of reduced width of damage.

But I can imagine Kakashi kind of just falling into the Chidori/Raikiri as his technique, given his various traumas and issues he might not feel worthy of using his Master's technique to kill.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Naruto son of the Fourth is like, the least twisty twist ever. It's one of those things that is super super obvious once you read into all the stuff about the fourth we know (his self-sacrificing nature, his heroism, that the Kyuubi was rampaging literally on the day of Naruto's birth and Naruto was chosen) and the face on the mountain, plus Naruto's parents are never given any actual information beyond they died in the Kyuubi attack.

It's not like they ever made a secondary twist like Minato was secretly Jiraiya and Tsunade's from a drunken night together and so was given up to an orphanage in secret.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Also the seal doesn’t break when giving birth, it weakens because the chakra system of the mother changes as part of creating/birthing the child. Like how nutrients/blood works in real life just with ninja energy. I imagine this normally isn’t actually an issue.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

rndmnmbr posted:

Might Guy came within inches of kicking Madara clean in half and ending the war. Maybe if he had started with Night Guy first instead of the Sekizo...

But yeah, it's fun watching everyone go "Don't ever gently caress with this man" and point at the complete goofball ninja - and then we slowly discover how correct that statement is. They had to keep him offscreen for 95% of the Pain invasion, because if he had actually been there then the aftermath would have been some light sweeping, mopping up the broken bits of Pain, and telling Naruto to take his time with sage training because Guy took care of the problem.

One of the coolest bits of this was when they released the stat books, and Might Gai has zero failed missions, he's literally the only Konoha Jounin with zero failed missions. Kakashi, has failed missions (at least one of which we've seen) Gai has zero. In a fight they'd probably take eachother out equally but that's not really how their rivalry works, it's a rivalry of success, not one of combat.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Blockhouse posted:

I imagine Gai's record might be tilted in his favor since he likely only gets given missions that involve beating the poo poo out people

That's still a remarkably impressive record of beating the poo poo out of people if he's never failed to do it once (until the Ninja World War). Also in all fairness, Kakashi's failed missions largely appear to be from childhood/youth, not as an adult, and Gai presumably wasn't sent on the same sorts of missions as Kakashi given Kakashi made Jounin at like, 14 or something ludicrous.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Jazerus posted:

i liked the first movie, if only because it's a big adventure for team 7 which the series desperately needed more of to justify the supposed bond between naruto and sasuke

Yeah, I think Stone of Gelel is also relatively okay because it has the real best friend Gaara in it and is kind of cool as an idea for what might be outside the Elemental Nations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

It's worth noting that the hard work vs natural talent thing was never actually a theme outside the Chunin exams, and even then it's pretty clear Neji does work hard and Naruto's issue is Neji's fatalistic mentality and hatred for Hinata. It's really just Lee who's so hardcore on the Hard Work thing.

The primary theme of Naruto was always what is it worth fighting for, what is it worth being strong for. That's why Naruto is strong for the sake of others and Sasuke is strong for the sake of himself (but many of his best moments early on were in the service of protecting others). This is why the literal first major antagonist is a guy who's whole deal is strength for the sake of strength, except he secretly had a heart the entire time and being a Ninja had forced him to kill it just to survive and succeed. Heck it's even Iruka and Mizuki, Iruka acts in defense of Naruto he's literally using his strength (and being strong) for the sake of someone else, whilst Mizuki lies and steals and cheats to improve himself above others.

Now in all fairness, I don't actually know if the Fourth Ninja War managed to satisfactorily use this theme, but I'm pretty sure it's always been the big theme of Naruto and all the other stuff was a lot less central. Haku makes a huge speech about being strong for the sake of one person being the most important thing in the world and Naruto ultimately refutes it by choosing to be strong for everyone (even his enemies).

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Darth TNT posted:

Naruto as well actually. He sucked at henge, he sucked at shadow clones (until the forbidden scroll) he only learned a bunch of skills via impressive hacking. He was never talented, supposedly Sasuke was.

I’m pretty sure Naruto actually has noticeably good henge skills (he just uses a different name for it) and he sucked at regular clones but learnt Shadow Clones in one night (which is a skill most Jounin cannot learn period) he’s not a natural born genius like Sasuke or Kakashi but to say he was born without talent is ridiculous given how easily he picks up complicated techniques.

Of course Sasuke’s supposed talent comes from a ludicrous amount of self-dedication due to originally wanting to be as good as Itachi and then later wanting to be good enough to kill Itachi.

Carlosologist posted:

The culmination of Naruto’s hard work was learning to coexist with Kurama and healing his heart from all the hate. Naruto didn’t have Kurama’s trust until the endgame of the war

Which again ties back into the theme of fighting for other people. Naruto learns to respect the monster that has ruined his childhood and in fact become it’s friend and advocate. Also he didn’t need Kurama’s trust to have a massively inflated chakra pool.

The downside of the Curse Mark is that it leaves you emotionally unstable and susceptible to Orochimaru’s influence and control.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 28, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Carlosologist posted:

sure he didn't need Kurama's trust but he couldn't effectively use the chakra there. it was an active handicap until he trained with B

I agree with the point about fighting for others

Naruto’s ability to use 1000 Shadow Clones at age 12 without dying is a direct result of him having Kage level Chakra just from the sealed Kyuubi existing inside him. He was also pretty effective with the Kyuubi Chakra all through the original series it was only going above 4 tails that was causing problems without the friendship and partnership with Kurama.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Zore posted:

Naruto suffers heavily from the fact its run went on so long and more and more setting details kept getting backfilled in. Like Naruto and Sasuke are hilariously terrible ninja at 12 who haven't learned basic movement techniques but everyone is treating Sasuke like a genius. Meanwhile basically every other ninja of note over the previous 20 years got a backstory that amounts to them being at post time-skip Naruto and Sasuke level when they were 6 years old.

Like Naruto and Sasuke are comically inept when you compare how they perform as new Genin to basically any other Ninja we get to see.

They were in a time of peace and all those 6 year olds were from a time of war. They’re impressive for their situation and compared to their class/peers. Itachi is treated as an insane outlier instead of a realistic situation for their time and place.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Darth TNT posted:

Which allowed for hacking, but didn't exactly make him talented.

He failed his Henge exam with Iruka. He couldn't become a proper 3rd image, but like you said, he did make his own variation. So it may be more of a situation where he just wasn't motivated enough. Same with the shadow clones and normal clones. Then again, he was also good enough to henge into a shuriken.
His teachers make a point of pointing out that Naruto isn't talented. He has infinite chakra and shadow clones that gives him experience to make up for it though.

I hadn't looked at Sasuke that way yet, I mostly look at him through the lens of Itachi who was hailed as a genius and easily lived up to his hype. But like you said, Sasuke was alone most of the time.

He failed the Henge exam because he didn't do what Iruka asked, not because he couldn't Henge. Basically an attitude failure not an aptitude failure. He learnt the Rasengan faster than anyone else afaik, he's not traditionally talented but in certain specific areas he's very capable. Naruto specifically fails the exam to graduate the academy because he cannot create clones, it's the only thing he outright fails at. He's got poo poo grades but they were at least passable and it's ultimately Iruka's choice to fail him for the clone, Mizuki in that conversation implies he could've passed but Iruka had the final say.

rndmnmbr posted:

There is a fan theory that Naruto just can't get jutsu that doesn't require ridiculous amounts of chakra, because his control is bad because he's effectively constantly chakra overloaded thanks to Kurama.

Whilst this is a good theory and would've been a great explanation, oddly enough in the cases where we know the result of over vs under use Naruto actually under uses Chakra. His clones are sickly and weak because he doesn't use enough and when doing the tree climbing he slips off, it's Sasuke who overloads the tree climbing and explodes. Possibly his sheer amount makes it hard for him to manage the small increments required for such simple techniques and so he under-shoots out of desperate hope. Which would fit with being able to Transform/Sexy jutsu (the amount of Chakra probably translates to how long you can hold the transformation nothing more so under shooting doesn't matter and Naruto just is able to keep it up forever) and the Kawarimi (the amount of chakra probably based on the size of the object being swapped and the distance swapped, so Naruto doesn't have to do anything but perform the Jutsu and it will work because he doesn't need to choose how much Chakra to use, possibly other people would have problems if the swap they're attempting is too big or too far and thus sap all their chakra).

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Darth TNT posted:

Yeah, the world building was really good as well. It's big, it has secrets, some of which still aren't explained (which is good). It's easy to understand. And even some later concepts (like elements) build properly on the foundation. The world is fun.
Kakashi was very interesting to me. Based on his original performance I always assumed he had a lovely amount of Chakra. He even gets winded from using Chidori once and after fighting Zabuza and basically only summoning some dogs he can only make like 2-3 clones while Naruto after getting cut up by Haku summons an army. Especially with the way Kakashi taught them control I assumed he just had fantastic Chakra control. But then the later chapters happened and he just fires of Chidoris and Kamuis to his hearts content to keep up with everyone else. But that's a shonen trapping getting in the way.

Technically the narrative hardcore harps on the fact that Naruto has nearly infinite chakra, shadow clones are dangerous because they can kill someone making too many and most Jonin only max out at 20, when fresh and that’s still basically all they would be able to do in that fight. Kakashi I being able to make 3 after a fairly rough fight (and probably still not properly healed from the previous one) is meant to be impressive. Also remember in the original series he had serious Chakra issues from the Sharingan, because his body isn’t designed for it and he can’t turn it off. It’s why he uses it the way he does as a trump card because it wrecks his chakra pool (which I think he even explains in Wave at some point).

Literally nobody but a Jinchuuriki could use Shadow Clones the way Naruto does. Naruto also gets a refill from letting the Fox out. This doesn’t stop later stuff from being shounen acceleration syndrome but thought it was worth pointing out.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 23, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I still maintain that a better solution to the Uchiha issue would have been for the Third Hokage to declare that he's training Itachi for the position of Fifth Hokage, he's certainly skilled enough for the job, clearly loves his village and has views on peace and war that align with Hiruzen's at the time. The Uchiha clearly respect the Third's family, or at least Mikoto and Fugaku do seeing as Sasuke is canonically named after Sasuke Sarutobi (the father of Hiruzen).

It neatly creates a reason for the Uchiha to reconsider their plans for a coup/civil war, because they actually get what they wanted anyway, more recognition and an Uchiha in the Hokage Seat. It stops Itachi from having to do something monstrous, it knee-caps Danzo's plans, it allows the Third a chance to once more enter retirement without death.

It's basically a ninja politics master-stroke and only doesn't happen because Danzo is playing sneaky rear end in a top hat and going around the Third's back to organise Itachi's actions.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Teek posted:

I had been thinking about this recently. Worth considering that this might have been done in an attempt to still seem cool with the village.

Whilst true, Mikoto is explicitly stated as doing such because she hoped Sasuke Uchiha would be as great a ninja as Sasuke Sarutobi was. Fugaku might have allowed it for these reasons though, we ultimately know so very little about what the Uchiha were planning or going to do in terms of the coup as it is.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

In all fairness Minato wouldn’t need as much effort, part of the issue in canon was that the Uchiha were being blamed for the Kyuubi attack. Thanks to historical information about Madara, and the fact that they lost very few ninja to it (as they were busy doing military police action and maintaining peace in the village).

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Jazerus posted:

it's just too bad they chose to do a work/life balance plot about a guy who can make fifty million clones of himself to do his paperwork in 5 seconds flat

The issue is that he does it the other way around, he uses clones for everything except paperwork as far as I can tell.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The problem with Naruto as a character is that all his interesting parts are barely investigated in the original and Shippuden spends much of it's time giving him upgrades or story beats that negate them.

Take his interactions with the Fox, the stuff against Haku and the meeting as he falls are both really interesting moments of anger and resonance with what amounts to a living natural disaster. His fight with Neji is pretty baller for this too. But that's not what the story is interested in looking at, it's far more interested in the meta-plot of Sasuke and the Akatsuki.

Naruto would work better as a main character where the primary story was all about the Jinchuuriki and their place in the world, as well as how that reflects on Ninja like Zabuza and Orochimaru who are "demons" in their own right.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

Maybe this is why I and so many others have always loved Gaara. He was what Naruto was supposed to be, including having better character development.

Nah, in the story about the Jinchuuriki (instead of them just being a plot device for Akatsuki to capture off-screen) Gaara is the first example of how badly they can go, and what Naruto should strive to "fix". He's a good foil to Naruto, but his whole deal isn't a good deal for a main character I don't think.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Willo567 posted:

I just keep thinking back on Orochimaru sending Naruto and Hinata a congratulations video on their wedding. Like what the gently caress

Orochimaru is a very polite genderfluid snake demon.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Super Rad posted:

Kabuto be heading up the Konoha Orphanage too... poo poo's just always been kinda hosed in Konoha if you can imagine a village full of Uchiha.

Kabuto at least had the excuse that he was literally a puppet mind-slave until right before the Fourth Ninja War, and during it he doesn’t actually do much besides a very sanitary version of the Underworld Resurrection on a mass scale, no humans sacrifices at all.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Julias posted:

Wasn't that the purpose of the zetsu clones? That they could act as bodies?

Yup, hence no human sacrifices required, just thousands of Zetsu clones.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

That's what Orochimaru used to bring back the Hokage and get a new body. Kabuto actually used people he kidnapped.

Huh, so it is. Never mind then Kabuto is Ninja World’s greatest living monster.

Violet_Sky posted:

All the female characters in Naruto deserved a better writer

I’m pretty sure Kishimoto would actually agree. He’s mentioned not really being good at writing female characters and struggling to write Sakura at all until Shippuden. But he clearly wants female characters in his story and I think he wants them to be well liked, see him putting Tsunade as Hokage and how often he does introduce cool interesting female characters like Anko even with his self-proclaimed weakness at writing them.

Now in all fairness the weakness is likely perceptive, because he could have just written them the way he wrote his male characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

rndmnmbr posted:

Naruto has a mountain of paperwork because early Boruto has a theme of absentee fathers.

Also because the Paperwork thing has been a joke in Naruto fanfiction since before the time skip, specifically because it’s a funny mental image of Naruto becoming Hokage to discover all the paperwork. I think it also was mentioned at least once canonically before in relation to Tsunade not doing it properly because she’s drunk all the time.