Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hypocrisy posted:

Oh wow. Wasn't expecting to hit a Chapter 1 plot point just like that.

I had to go back and reread that to make sure I wasn't missing what they just dropped on us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Larryb posted:

Though with Kawaki already beginning his plans I’m curious how they’re going to justify a timeskip (also in the opening the village is largely destroyed and Kawaki appears to be showing signs of Ohtsutsuki possession)

I think we know now that's gotta be a complete form of Karma, not true possession given how Kawaki was granted it back.

Boruto and Kawaki are def older/taller in the opening sequence from Ch1, so there has to be a time skip and honestly I think they're going to have to take down Code to setup Kawaki having the power to do what we saw there. Easy enough to blame 7th and Hinata getting zapped by the bad guys for now.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like Sasuke asking Zansul for what purpose he revived the dinosaurs like Zansul needs a reason beyond this being the coolest thing he could do with a revival jutsu.

He was so obsessed with thinking if he could he didn't care if he should. And then he decided he should because its fuckin cool. Eat it Dr Sasuke Malcomb.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

rndmnmbr posted:

And the only one on his side is the blood-sucking Prime Minister.

(e. Sasuke: “Mr. Zansul, after careful consideration, I’ve decided not to endorse your park.”)

:discourse:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I do not even remember who Sakumo Hatake is to have any idea why he's in the top ten.

I also guess Shisui I don't really remember either and thought it was Tobi, but wait no there he is further down.

I guess I just don't remember much of Naruto at this point anymore.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Much like DBZ the kids of the crazy powerful heroes make their accomplishments look like trash with next to no effort. Unlike DBZ we likely won't be falling back on them to bail out the story, since this was already a passed the torch deal before it started focus, but Sarada obtaining the Mangekyo because of this? Boruto being told he's way more mature than 12 or whatever because he isn't an emotional wreck? Didn't land for me.

That said I am looking forward to whatever time skip we're gonna get.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The best probe is the one you don't even see because it passes between your visits to the site

Weak probe in here, but it doesn't cost you 10 bucks like the olden days

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Good poo poo, I like it when our protagonist is a competent person with well developed plans.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Mitsuki with the sage mode with the snakes is very loving cool.

Uhh I feel like maybe Boruto is out doing its originator? This second part has been straight fire so far and the first half in retrospect actually did cool world building thats paying off here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

It's like he has the best of both his mentor figures whoda thunk it, that might maybe come into play down the stretch (maybe who knows the writing has been actually p good so far but there is no guarantee it won't devolve into ninja arts spam)