Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Having a very intense bout of boredom, I decided to watch Shippuden from the great ninja war, since I only read the manga from that point forward, and man, there is a lot of filler, and most of it was terrible.

But on the other hand, while the lows were low, the highs were real drat high. The final Naruto Sasuke fight, Kakashi v Obito and Madara clowning on the united army was all great.

Following up with Boruto and it was nice to see that Sasuke mellowed out since Naruto's corrective therapy beat the brain problems out of him. He was always my favorite character (I don't care what anyone says, eyehax are cool, man) but seeing him actually not acting like a total rear end in a top hat was a refreshing change of pace. Still weird that he won't fix his arm though, considering that they're constantly running up against those moon people and he is constnatly getting his rear end whupped.

I did wonder though, Naruto got an arm replacement by using the firsts cells. If Sasuke did the same, would he get a second Rinnegan?

Also does Sasuke have access to all the rinnegan skills Pain did, or did he just get half of them because he only has one eye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

Yes exactly. That to me makes it so fascinating how everyone can look at that scene and agree that it was loving awesome. You never hear anyone saying he jobbed to make Madara seem even more broken, I never heard anyone say that they felt like he was worfed and should've been the one to finish Madara.
The only thing you tend to read/hear about it, is that he should've died after that showing instead of being saved by Ninja Jesus.

Seems like for everything the war arc did wrong, the whole Gai sequence is considered as just plain good. Seeing the invincible and haughty Madara be completely helpless and nearly killed is a good payoff for the hype the 8 gates were getting since all the way back in the Chuunin exams. Just a shame of slog and the switch that came after that...followed by more slog.

You know, I actually enjoyed watching team 7 working together again. Even Sakura got to be semi-useful. And the final Naruto-Sasuke fight was really nice as well, if a bit long overdue. But yes, very large parts of the ninja super war were incredibly tedious.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Sasuke proving once again he's the worst father ever. Admittadly a pretty good ninja though

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

9/tails was an inside job

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Not a fan of the sarada outfit, at all

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Larryb posted:

Likewise, everyone else looks fine though

Also a slight oddity, I assumed the anime was canon to the manga what with Sumire’s appearance but at the beginning of the chapter Shikamaru calls Sarada a genin despite her being promoted to chunin and made the captain of Team 7 prior to the timeskip

Yeah everyone else had great designs, which made me doubly annoyed how badly they missed the mark with Salad girl

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Spoilers are out, and the raw has leaked, if anyone is into that sorta stuff

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Spoilers and raws and translations are out

The Uchiha can't catch a break, huh

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Spoilers, raw and translation are all out

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Sasuke turning into best dad ever was pretty good and natural direction to take him in. Figures the guy who was obsessed with family would defy reality itself for his daughters sake

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Larryb posted:

The official chapter’s out now: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019999

Seems Mitsuki’s starting to come around a bit and this isn’t the first time Shikamaru’s figured out something was wrong with this whole scenario.

Also Boruto once again shows he’s more like his dad than he cares to admit (Kawaki is basically the Sasuke of this series after all) and Shikamaru and Ino now know that Naruto’s still alive.

I think Boruto takes more after his teacher. Boruto doesn't care about clearing his name or that he's hated and hunted, he's more concerned with protecting the village and his friends.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The tree clone gang seem to be headed into Konoha, so that's likely gonna have something to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Bit puzzled why they're making it a movie instead of a series. 2 and a half hours doesn't seem like a lot of time to flesh out the characters. I suppose they could really flesh it out and just cover the wave arc, or do a speedrun and wrap it up with the thirds funeral