Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Definitely periods, I am so sick of my grammar nazi wife telling me "that's a run on sentence, you need a period there," and it's like a text message or something, text messages don't need to follow the rules of normal grammar, don't you guys agree, I know you all have to put up with women and their obsession with separating statements by periods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Psycho Society posted:

Heck if anything girls I know need MORE periods

oh yeah, it's always feast or famine with them. I can't count how many times a woman has been jabbering at me for like ten minutes straight and I'm like "hey babe, how about tossing a full stop on the end of this conversation?" :smug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Ugh, and forget about semicolons. I wish women would be more lenient with grammar and punctuation, I just can't keep track of all the rules!

No kidding! Women never let me experiment with colon stuff. I'm like "well we can just start with the semicolon..." and she's like "No; colons and semicolons can only be used in specific ways."

• Locked thread