Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
My mom makes pretty tasty red cabbage and caraway seed sauerkraut, and she puts a few raisins in. Takes a week or three to ferment and whenever I visit I always see a couple jars up above her fridge.

That said, at some sushi places there's a really good, kinda sweet (not too sweet though) pickled cabbage - still a little crunchy. It is deffo not sauerkraut, so how do you make that stuff? Just drop the leaves in a brine of vinegar salt and simple syrup or a day? Does the cabbage incorporate the vinegar and sugars faster if the vinegar mix is hot, or does that just boil the cabbage in a bad way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread