Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'll show my (Vanarus') pretender later, possibly when Things Start Happening, but I made some very good and some very bad decisions in pretender creation.

"Director of the World" is a pretty sick title though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Erfsnake is almost always banned these days.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Defeatist Elitist posted:

Unfortunately this will generally just lead to all three of the underwater nations being extremely weak and ineffectual.

There was a game in which five of us, as water nations, did exactly that.

We still couldn't get a solid foothold on land.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

A goddamned masterpiece.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
This is about when I went "wait wtf is happening in the water" as Vanarus. Seeing Pelagia get blitzed by Oceania isn't really a thing that should happen afaik.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Pretty sure the meme is turn 14 BoT, and it's been done by multiple people since. It's probably the main reason water nations are banned in most games.
That said, I've also seen it rushed by a land nation for very good reasons (like being a non-blood nation in LA).

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
This is probably around the time that I, as Vanarus, started getting diplo messages from Atlantis...

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Tagichatn posted:

Hah! I assume you told him to pound sand?

Not at all; it was a quite beneficial proposal. I may already have been moving on it beforehand.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It could be done with badnations:

I mean, it's a bad idea, but it could be done.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It's a terrible pretender design. Even worse than mine this game.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Someone is bitter.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
When I started playing Dom4, I pretty much always took Order 3 with some amount of Misfortune. Then I played a single build without any Misfortune and literally never took it again. Even if it's a good idea to take at times, it's utterly miserable to deal with. And those are just the annoying events, not the real heavy-hitters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

quote:

Getting a look at Atlantis' land holdings, I see.

For those who didn't play this game, Pythium (pink with gold borders) is dead. They attacked Atlantis, and Atlantis asked for my (Vanarus') help. I was happy to oblige since I'd bumped and obliterated one of Pythium's expansion armies early on. The few Pythium provinces you can see on the coast are being gobbled up by Caelum as part of a particularly... interesting deal. Upshot is that Pythium is being partitioned and Atlantis is no longer being pressured on land.

• Locked thread